Revolut Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Revolut Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Revolut

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Revolut.

Interview

There was a quick phone screening and I've got the code test. They said it can be taken as long as you need. The test was quite tough. They set the test to use all of their skill what they are using on their project.

Interview Questions

Revolut Response

3 Feb 2020 – Stronger Together

Thanks for your feedback - we appreciate your letting us know about your recruitment experience. We want to ensure that we’re testing all relevant skills for working at Revolut during our hiring process. If you have any further feedback about our coding test, we’d love to hear more.
While it didn’t work out this time, we urge you to check back to our careers page and see what else is available. We’re expanding rapidly at the moment and looking for enthusiastic professionals to join us.

Other Interview Reviews for Revolut

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Revolut in January 2020.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me, we had a brief call about my background and Revolut in general.

After that, I got a one-week coding challenge in Java. I successfully proceded to the next round.

The next round was a phone interview. I've expected more algorithmic (problem-solving) type of interview, but the interview was really technically oriented. For 2 hours interviewers were asking questions about Java, concurrency, multithreading, databases, transaction isolation ...
    At the end of the interview, they asked a very easy coding question. The purpose of this question was not to determine problem-solving abilities, but rather java knowledge.

After that, I got feedback that they are looking for someone with more experience in Java.

All in all, communication with the recruiter was very pleasant. The phone interview was good, but I was not prepared for that type of interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked about locking mechanisms in Java (synchronization, volatile, atomics), relational databases (index types, transaction isolation levels, query optimization), Java autoboxing and unboxing ...   Answer Question

Revolut Response

3 Mar 2020 – Stronger Together

Hey, thanks for your review! We really appreciate your thoroughness in letting us know about your experience. We’ll pass your feedback on preparing our candidates for interviewing with our recruiters and hiring managers, so that all our candidates know exactly what to expect from the process.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Revolut (Berlin (Germany)) in December 2019.

Interview

The call was to head up by a recruiter who after an intro call asked me to do a coding assignment. Clearing that would lead me into a final round

Interview Questions

• set up a banking api without using spring boot and upload code on Github   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Revolut (London, England) in November 2019.

Interview

The first interview was with HR, easy questions about general computer engineering.
    The second interview was a live code session with one of the engineers.

The feedback I received was not positive, the engineer said the code wasn't ready for production, I don't know what the want to say with that as the solution was 100% code coverage and was doing what they asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Revolut (London, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Initial screening call with recruiter including some technical questions.

This is followed by an extensive coding challenge where you have to write some SQL, solve a problem in Python and write a REST API for it. This is not straightforward and is quite time consuming.
    Feedback is really good.

This is followed by two more interviews over video, one to go over your technical experience and to explore your Python and SQL skills, quite straightforward.

The second is a system design interview which I think works well but isn't well designed to measure your experience well, you are tasked with designing a system end to end based on a brief, however at least for me the brief doesn't really reflect the kind of work you would be doing or have done, so doesn't really measure your set of skills as much as it should from other system design interviews I've had. What's the point in working through a system design question if its not directly relevant to your work? The guy was also off-putting on this one and can be quite hard to understand what he's trying to convey.

All in all, good interview process, nice and speedy feedback just an interview process currently designed for more senior people. It's also weird that they put you in as applying for a data engineer role when you apply for backend engineer.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Revolut in October 2019.

Interview

Process took a month and consisted of 3 steps - take home assignment, and couple of technical interviews.

This was one of the better interview experiences I have had - before every stage of the process, clear expectations were set, and constructive feedback was given consistently.

I felt all the interviewers were helpful & knowledgeable - they knew their stuff thoroughly.

Interview Questions

• Focussed on Java fundamentals, distributed systems, databases, good coding and design practices.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Revolut.

Interview

1 phone interview, technical test (not trivial), 2nd interview, and 3rd system design interview.
    The technical test is not trivial as it consists of several different parts designed to test different skills.

Interview Questions

• A mix of technical question on python, sql, system design.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

One task for writing api for money transfer. Future candidates- pls keep away from such companies who first give you take home assignments. Rarely you will make it. Simple reason - you never know what kind of code reviewer will be reviewing your code. He may just not be that knowledgeable and will just reject your code. And the expectation for is huge. You have to write lots of test cases. I mean why ? Why do you expect people to put in effort without giving them a chance to explain the code and discuss about it. Absolutely ridiculous!! What kind of logic is this to reject candidate because one one method was long. I mean Seriouslyyy!!! For the code reviewers - get a life. Its all a whitewash there . Future candidates - dont waste your time here

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Revolut (London, England) in December 2018.

Interview

tl;dr: genuinely nice experience. Can highly recommend.
    The whole process took around 1.5 weeks,. It kicks off with a brief call with a recruiter. Second step, was a home assignment - I'd say it's standard difficulty. You get 3 days to complete it, which is not ideal on a busy week if you don't hit a weekend date. It's doable in one evening tho. Last stage were two tech interviews, 1 hour each. There was a small live coding exercise, but the atmosphere during the interviews was pretty chill, more of friendly conversation than a strict interview.

Interview Questions

• Some standard python stuff, bit of data structures, some high-level technology questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Revolut (London, England) in May 2018.

Interview

Absolutely dreadful interview process. The interviewers were quite aggressive and intimidating. They used trapping style questions, where they try to trick the candidate into answering incorrectly by asking leading questions

At home coding exercise - REST API
    In person interview - coding task and software engineering fundamentals discussion
    CTO discussion about future role

This company suffers from a seriously toxic atmosphere. I got the impression that everyone is competitive, stressed and overworked. The CTO was also very unpleasant and very smug.
    I had absolutely no intention of accepting their offer as they seem to be an awful employer.

Interview Questions

• Concurrency fundamentals, Database Fundamentals and Clean Code strategies   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.