River Island Clothing Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

River Island Clothing Interview Questions

Updated 16 Oct 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England).

Interview

I applied online, then was invited a week later to attend a recruitment event. On the day there were roughly 15 people. We went up to the staff room and all sat down. We started off with an icebreaker and introduced ourselves to each other. We then got told a bit about the role and were asked questions about what services they provide, what they sell and what sets them apart from their competitors. After we individually stood up and explained why we chose our outfit in front of everyone and what celebrity inspires our dress sense. We finally had a couple of group discussions about why we were good for the role and what techniques we can use. Then we had a short one to one with a manager about what were currently doing and what our availability is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Aberdeen, Scotland) in October 2017.

Interview

I had applied online with my CV then given an interview. You also had to fill in a sheet with your availability. They send you a WOW factor thing to read through, and I would recommend looking through it carefully.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you know about River Island? (They wanted facts about the company)
      Q: Why did you wear your particular outfit today?
      Q: Give a time when you gave exceptional customer service
      Q: Why do you want to work for River Island?
      Q: How did you get here?   Answer Question

Sales and Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Croydon, England) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied in September and received an email 2 weeks later asking me to book an interview time.
    When i got there, there was a lot of other people, about 15 others and we was all in one room and she asked a question and we had to answer one by one. Then, we had to pick a celebrity and go to the shop floor and find an outfit for them to wear on the red carpet then come back and act out being the celebrity and being a sales assistant.

Sales Advisor - Full Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England) in October 2017.

Interview

We waited outside while they cashed up and were given name stickers before being led to the staff room. There was then ice-breakers and we answers questions and we were told about the company, we also answered a question in a group and wrote down the answers on paper and then read a few out. We were asked if we read the WOW Factor Booklet included via a link in an email confirming the time of the interview. We then went to the shop floor and had to either be a customer or shop adviser and choose an outfit for your chosen partner - we were given budgets and a prompt (the customer was asked for ideas on what it could be - a birthday party/cinema/cafe meetup with friends and a first date were some of the ones people went with? We then swapped roles and was paired with different people. At the end we went back down to the staff room and were asked if we had any questions and feedback about the interview. We weren't asked to explain our outfit and not everyone was wearing River Island clothing - just wear something comfortable, most people wear wearing jeans and a t-shirt. We were told we would hear back within three days and that there was three levels of scoring - no offer/no offer, but could be lead to one later and a job offer. We were told we would get an email and people who got the job would get a phone call.

Interview Questions

• Did anyone read the WOW Factor Booklet? Followed by questions regarding information in the booklet - The CEO's name/Five Ways of Working/Name of the shops throughout the years.   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2017.

Interview

the interview took place at a recruitment event. there were approximately 40 people. We were split into 4 groups and had to introduce ourselves one by one. After doing so we were asked why we would like to work in river island.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work for River Island   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing.

Interview

Handed in CV, had interview and was contacted with a job offer in the space of a week. The interview was short and straight forward, only 20 minutes. Basic customer service questions.

Interview Questions

• Give and example of how you would upsell while dealing with a customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kingston upon Thames, England

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Kingston upon Thames, England) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied in person, just left my CV in the store, they called me after few hours and invited me to an interview. It was group interview with 6 other strangers, they asked some questions and we had to play a role- customer and sales assistant, we had to sell things.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourslef and why you want to work ir RI?   1 Answer

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stevenage, England

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Stevenage, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Very quick and easy application, everyone was helpful and friendly and they sent a package full of river island facts and what they expect from you as an employee. It's a group interview that leads to a one on one and the response is no pressure and let's you know how you did.

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Bristol, England) in September 2017.

Interview

I had never had a group interview before so was slightly nervous, however there is no need to be, the interviewer was very friendly and overall the interview process was easy and relaxed. I would definitely recommend to do research as this helped me a lot. There were only 4 of us and were split into two groups. First we were asked to tell them about ourselves (mentioned previous work experience), then we were asked what we knew about the company, what is upselling and when we provided/received good customer service. After that we were required to do a role play in our groups where one person would be the customer searching for an outfit and the other would be a sales advisor, then we would switch roles. I found this role play simpler as we were not presenting it in front of others (would have been very nervous), however it was just a simple chat with the other person and the interviewer would just listen in on both groups. I had the interview on a Thursday and received a phone call the next day saying I was successful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview and we had to pick an outfit in groups it felt very informal and difficult to showcase any possible individual talents. This also kind of made the interview feel like a personality contest rather than based on experience and there was one job going between some 20 people.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.