River Island Clothing Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

River Island Clothing Interview Questions

Updated 11 Dec 2017

2.3

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing.

Interview

Group interview with about 6-8 others. Had to introduce ourselves and give an interesting fact, followed by some questions about customer service and previous experience, followed by some role play exercises

Sales Advisor Interview

Interview

Group interview with around 8 other applicants as well as an individual interview with a team member. Fairly relaxed and informal. The group interview involved going around in a circle to answer questions. Was asked to describe myself and my personal style and talk about the best customer service I had received and why it was good.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing.

Interview

Group interview between 8 people. First we filled out a form on contact details and availability. Then they asked questions after which we had role play. After role play they asked questions on the activity itself. After which they asked us if we had any questions for them. Make sure you read up on WOW factors and make sure you ask questions at the end and always have a smile, they're looking for people with a positive attitude. Got a call the day after with the offer

Christmas Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton-on-Tees, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Stockton-on-Tees, England) in December 2017.

Interview

Group interview with around 15 people. First introduced ourselves with an interesting fact and then were taught some history of the franchise. We then were split into groups and were asked to feedback on general ideas of why we wanted to work for River Island. Then were split up into twos and did a short role playing scenario before finishing. Whole process took about 1 hr 15 mins.

Christmas Temp Interview

Interview

Was an easy interview, only got asked one question, why we wanted to work for river island. It was a group interview, we also had to dress a celebrity. I think it was unfair, you just have to be the loudest and stand out.

Sales Advisor Christmas Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Manchester, England).

Interview

I applied online and got asked to go in for a group interview. I dressed casually. However the email about the interview recommended clothing that represents the river island brand, so you should keep that in mind.

Overall the interview was really easy and a lot of fun. We firstly had to talk about ourselves. We then talked about what would be good/bad customer service (this was done in groups). Then in the same group we dressed a male and female each group got a different occasion. Be warned that the activities will vary depending on the branch you are working in. Got a job offer the same day.

I just think you should be yourself. Be a bit sociable and have a clear, loud voice. When explaining an activity make sure you are looking at the rest of the candidates/manager. But most of all have fun! If you think it all about showing how much experience you have etc then please think again before a group interview. You have been warned.

Temporary Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing.

Interview

Interviewed in a group of about 12 people which from the get go was a bit ridiculous, 6 or 7 might have been ok, but group interviews as a whole aren't the best way of determining how well a person can fill a role or what they're really like. We were only asked two questions, what celebrity we would take to a party and why we wanted to work for River Island. It was almost like trick questions, because we were never given a chance to talk about our experience, you sort of had to try to branch off your answer to include it. But how could you possibly determine a good candidate from just those questions? It was clear they were just looking for the loudest and most out spoken people. Lastly we were asked to put together an outfit for a client in groups of two, which was fair enough in terms of cross selling and up selling etc, but kind of a poor way of determining team work at the very least because each pair couldn't be evaluated throughout the entire process. At the end we were told we would know by the end of the week if we were chosen as they still had some individual interviews to conduct, I got an email early the next morning to say I didn't get the job, well before the rest of the interviews were even conducted. There was no reason given and seeing as how I seemed to be the only person there with any experience in fashion retail, and spread over so many areas of it, I'm willing to bet it came down to the fact that I wasn't as loud and 'chatty' as some of the other candidates. They also seemed to favor those who could work all day every day with no exceptions as they asked for this first thing, which I thought was a little unfair over the holidays because some people might travel to see family etc, and need Christmas eve or Boxing day off.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at River Island Clothing.

Interview

Handed Cv into store. Got a call back asking for an interview, then went into the store a few days later for an interview with the manager. The interview was quite informal and chatty. I believe group interviews are usually done, however I just had a one-to-one interview due to timing issues however the same questions were asked.

Christmas Temp Interview

Interview

Was invited to a recruitment event. Got introduced by two managers, who made us feel at ease. Then we started with an icebreaker, then got in groups of 3 to discuss why we want to work for river island, after they we had to dress a celebrity in our groups, it was an easy interview however, I feel like they were just looking for the loudest people

Christmas Temp Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online through the easy process, got an email 4 days later being invited to a recruitment event for 1 hour in the evening. Turned up, nice managers, only 3 other people going for the job, everyone really nice and welcoming, sat down in training room and filled out a sheet with availability for normal days and over Christmas hours, then we had to say what we were doing job wise at the moment and our names. Then as there were 4 of us, two of us had to say good customer we have revived and two of us had to say bad customer service and then say it in front of everyone. Finally the last thing was role play with a partner pretending to be the customer and the other being the shop assistant and swapping round with the manager listening over you. Then the manager just said do we know any facts about river Island and why we want to work there so google before you go and read the WOW booklet you get sent on the email. That was the whole interview and was really calm and laid back. I got a call back 2 days later with them offering me the job and start in a week.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.