River Island Clothing Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

River Island Clothing Interview Questions

Updated 18 Jul 2018

2.3

Commercial Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at River Island Clothing.

Interview

one hour long interview with pre-prepared swot analysis on a store. think they like to do just the one interview as standard. just one person (store manager or deputy) interviewing

Interview Questions

• Not really difficult. Just standard competency based questions   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England) in June 2017.

Interview

Met with the current paralegal and the Legal Counsel who were very friendly. They went through my resume and work experience and asked competence and technical questions about the role.

Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merry Hill, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Merry Hill, England) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to a recruitment event
    When I turned up we had to introduce ourselves and provide an example of where I had received the best customer service. Next we got asked about the River Island Booklet (which will be attached to the recruitment event emails) so make sure you read that.
    At the end we had to choose some items of clothing off the rail and had to ask other interviewees questions as if they were staff and you are a customer (and vise versa).

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was when they asked about the booklet as no-one had read it.   2 Answers

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England) in March 2011.

Interview

Apply online, Most people get an interview if they have previous sales experience and or mindset of a sales assistant.

Interview is mainly based on how friendly you are and proactive, fashion style does not come into it for the majority of positions, they ask questions based around how you can make the shopping experience of a customer easier.
    E.g, putting clothes in size order in rails and all sizes available on rails.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty easy, its matter of confidence and seeming very enthusiastic.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Operations Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing.

Interview

So I arrived and saw about 15 other girls standing in the men's shoe department so as no one was around to tell me where to go I used my initiative and joined these ladies 20 mins later the manager arrives we give our right to work and go into the back....icebreaker (your names , age,why you want to work for river island . Then we had to go to the shop floor and pick out an outfit in groups come back say what event chosen for why and do a customer service role play

Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England) in December 2017.

Interview

very simple and straight forward. more than likely group interview based unless applying for a management position. first was interviewed via telephone where I was asked basic questions about the skills I have. I was successful and had been invited to a group interview with 10/15 other candidates. In that interview I got asked many questions to do with customer service and knowledge of river island. the more you know and understand about customer service the easier your interview will be.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for river island?
      What do you know about river island?
      What clothing does river island sell?
      What would you say is good customer service?
      What is an example of bad customer service?
      why is it important to engage customers?   1 Answer

Allocator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at River Island Clothing in April 2017.

Interview

30 min math test followed by a 10 min presentation of a comp shop I needed to prepare in advance and then a formal interview. Overall it was quite relaxed, enjoyed the interview.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied on the Monday and was contacted on the Tuesday to attend an assessment centre the following week. At the assessment centre there were 6 candidates in total. We had to complete a simple maths test, one to one interview with a merchandiser which included presenting a comp shop and then a group merchandising task.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • What do you think the role involves and who do the merchandising team work with?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you supported someone in a task   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got an email 2-3 days later asking me to prepare a 'competitive shop' presentation for a group assessment that took place later. There were 6 of us at the group assessment, 5 girls and me being the only male. It later turned out that the role was going to be for female clothing or possibly childrenswear. Half of us went of to do individual interviews where we talked to a merchandiser and presented out competitive shop to them. Whilst the other half did a 30 minute maths exam. Then vice versa. After that we moved onto a group task where we was presented with a problem and a question, we had to work together to come up with a solution that we then presented to all of the merchandisers who had been doing the interviews. Then it finished. it took about 2 and a half hours total. I received a call back and an email two days after with their response. I received a no because my competitive shop wasn't detailed enough. They where very nice over the phone and explained why I didn't get the job and if I had any questions. Overall it was a lovely experience and I highly recommend them as they sounded like a lovely company to work for.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of the role?
      Explain about a time you once had to analyse a task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England) in June 2014.

Interview

Online questionnaire then offered a group interview. There was around 8 of us being interviewed, we took it in turns to be interviewed one to one with a merchandiser in the company (all interviewed by different people). Then had a 45 min maths test with a calculator, quite easy although a few tough ones had to think about. Then a group task involving a discussion then presentation of what to do with some stock.
    Got a phone call the next morning offering me the job!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They called and offered me a salary based on what I told them in my interview I had been offered from another company.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.