Robert Bird Group Human Resources Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Robert Bird Group Human Resources Coordinator Interview Questions

Interviews at Robert Bird Group

2.0

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Bird Group (London, England) in December 2017.

Interview

A bizarre interview...

I had a bad feeling about this company from the get-go.

I actually received two voicemails inviting me to interview, the second came after an interview had already been set up. At this point I inquired about salary, so see if the range aligned to my expectations and to not waste anyone's time, but they refused to provide it.

When offered an interview I read the Glassdoor reviews, which were overwhelmingly negative, but I went anyway out of curiosity.

On arriving, it became apparent a meeting room hadn't been booked for the interview. I was led around the open plan office, back and forth whilst various groups were turfed out of meeting rooms, but ended up back in reception when the room close-by was found to be free.

The office seemed overly cramped, with around 100 people in a space that would comfortably fit 60-70. There was a meeting taking place in reception, behind a Christmas tree and a 'wall' build from cardboard boxes!

The interview started before I even had a chance to sit down, and I was answering questions even as I took my coat off, which was off-putting.

I was interviewed by the two members of HR, neither of which seemed to know how an interview should be conducted.

I made a point of asking about the HR strategy for the year ahead and what this incorporated, and the answer I received was that the firm had an HR budget they needed to align to (obviously) but couldn't answer the question, or many others I asked, such as what they would expect the candidate to achieve by 12 weeks into the job (they instead described qualities of the ideal candidate - 'ready to get stuck in' and 'flexible' - ?? )

From probing questions, I understood there is a 'lad' culture, many of the workforce are young, male engineers, and there is somewhat of a social drinking culture (there is a beer fridge in the middle of the office and apparently one of the employees brews beer. This was mentioned to me as a work perk)

Working hours are 'until the job gets done' - hint - no respect for work-life balance, long hours and overtime.

There were far too many red flags in this interview.

Over-all, very unprofessionally run company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Robert Bird Group

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Bird Group (London, England) in January 2017.

Interview

I told my recruiter that the most important thing for me in my role was culture. I was apprehensive about going interviewing for a role in the engineering industry as I knew nothing about it, but the recruiter told me to trust him, I'd asked for a good culture and that's what he'd got for me. The interview was with the HR Coordinator and HR Manager. My interview was scheduled for 4pm on a friday and the interview started really well. At 4:30pm on the last friday of the month (unbeknown to me at the time) meant pens down for everyone for the end of month presentation, with pizza and beers provided. The interview was going really well and when it came to 4:30pm I was offered pizza and invited to watch part of the presentation. It gave me a great feel for the company projects and its culture. We went back to the interview after watching some of the presentation and I have to admit, it felt more like a good conversation than an interview because things flowed so well. I left the office at roughly 5:30pm and although the presentation had finished a lot of people were still there chatting and enjoying a drink. The interviews were continuing for a week but I was told by my agent it was initially positive. I waited a week and got the good news!

Interview Questions

• They asked me to talk about myself   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.