Robert Half Finance & Accounting Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Robert Half Finance & Accounting Interview Questions

Updated 1 Mar 2018

2.7

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Half Finance & Accounting (Austin, TX (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

After applying, I received a phone call to schedule a time to meet with a recruiter. During our meeting, she asked me many questions about my past experience as well as what I am looking for out of my career. She was very genuine and helpful. We discussed next steps and set a salary target. I was then told to keep in touch and she would let me know about any upcoming opportunities. I have not yet secured a position through Robert Half.

Interview Questions

• What are your next steps? What positions have you already applied for?   Answer Question

Finance Or Accounting Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half Finance & Accounting (Deerfield, IL (US)).

Interview

These people are worthless! I've interviewed multiple times here at multiple branches in the greater Chicago area. Each time I interview here they make me purge all my personal information at the interview start. They never have found a job for me not even a temporary one. I have my degree in Finance and I've been looking for an entry level role for some time now and don't see why that would be so hard for them to find work for me. Sometimes they had called me back about a position, they would like to put me in for, but then nothing happens. If your looking for a job stay away from these guys because they just waste your time and your probably better off directing your energies elsewhere in your job search.

Accounts Payable Coordinator Interview

Interview

Did not even happen!

I scheduled a FaceTime interview with the Greenville office (moving to the area from out of town and since I could not make it in into the office I was offered to either Skype or FaceTime). First interview was set for 8am. My interviewer emailed me at 7:34 am to tell me she "forgot she had to carpool that morning" and she would be a little late with the call. She did not call me until 8:14, at which point I had to inform her that I had to be at work at 9am (something she knew beforehand) and I could not do the interview with so little time.

We rescheduled for 8am the next day. Again, I rearranged my schedule to meet the 8 am interview time. This time I did not even get a "hey I am running late" email. The rep just completely did not call. At 8:16 I sent her an email asking to remove my name from consideration for any job opening with her staffing company.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half Finance & Accounting.

Interview

Interviewed for a position, wasn't selected and never got feedback from the rep I was working with, and it's been awhile since the interview and nothing, haven't heard again from them. Very disappointed and not planning on using them again, not worth it!!!

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Robert Half Finance & Accounting (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. First I had a screening, then a teleconference. We went through my resume and what I was looking for in a job. Then I received a call with about a consulting job, I was giving the information about the job and the rate. I agreed to go to the interview with the client. I received feedback from Robert Half afterwards.

Interview Questions

The job wasn't the right fit. On paper it was a fit but the client didn't seem to know what they wanted the position to be. Robert Half was wonderful.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Robert Half Finance & Accounting (White Plains, NY (US)).

Interview

Recruiter from Robert half set me up with confidential interview. Received call to come back next day to meet rest of upper management at the company. After interview called recruiter days later still have yet to get a return call from recruiter. I called after interview to give feedback and what i thought of company have yet to hear back. I don't recommend this agency horrible experience very unprofessional

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half Finance & Accounting (Boston, MA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewed at their office one in one in their office. Though I had conversation with the staff on phone and given good idea of my past work and what I am capable of , still asked me to come to the office. Nothing to highlight more but it may an observation of potential staff.

Interview Questions

• Tell about yourself and what do you want to do?What kind of position you are looking for?   2 Answers
    • what did you do between these time period ? if you have gap.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Robert Half Finance & Accounting (Boston, MA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

I was debating writing this but I felt this was needed to be written in the case this doesn't happen to someone else. Where do I even begin. First I applied to Robert half a couple months I met in the Boston office and was told they had a opening and need more in Cambridge though my heart was set on Boston I went for the interview went well smaller office very nice people. They liked me and I got offered the position and was told if anything happens to re apply since I was a strong candidate. Unfortunately I had to turn it down due to conflicts with my college schedule and internship. Months later I applied because my situation has changed with my school where I don't need an internship. I'm not gonna name names but someone in the Boston office who offered me the job reached out because he seen my resume, said he can work something out and to come in to see what positions are available. I wanted the recruiter position and he new that. Last week he brought in and we talked and basically insulted me saying how he doubted me as a person and basically recommended for a glorified assistant floater role which I would never take let's be real that position was horrible saying it's not a probation but it really was in my eyes. He had me go through that whole process again it was disgusting and a complete waste of my time. If your gonna give someone a second chance don't waste there time. Needless to say I have no desire to work or ever in a million years apply to Robert half. Over all I felt punished because I didn't take the role in Cambridge..

Recruiting Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half Finance & Accounting in November 2015.

Interview

Met the branch manager and division director at branch (panel interview) - asked to take a 3 part assessment, went back to meet with another director, and then finally a Facetime Interview with the district manager. Asked to go back to location, and was given an offer

Interview Questions

• - How were you able to handle a stressful situation?
      - What do you know about accounting yourself?
      - If you don't have a background in accounting - how would you staff for it?   Answer Question

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half Finance & Accounting (New Haven, CT (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

During the interview, there were a lot of what if questions, and what would in certain situations type questions....It was more calm and relaxing, Not to stressful. More of a get to know each other and each other's work styles during that time

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.