Robert Half Finance & Accounting Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Robert Half Finance & Accounting Interview Questions

Updated 25 Jun 2018

2.7

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half Finance & Accounting (Boston, MA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewed at their office one in one in their office. Though I had conversation with the staff on phone and given good idea of my past work and what I am capable of , still asked me to come to the office. Nothing to highlight more but it may an observation of potential staff.

Interview Questions

• Tell about yourself and what do you want to do?What kind of position you are looking for?   2 Answers
    • what did you do between these time period ? if you have gap.   1 Answer

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half Finance & Accounting (Oakland, CA (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

The friendly team at Robert Half & Finance did an excellent job helping me prepare for an interview with the principal for this position. When I went in for the second interview, I felt supported and confident because I had been guided though the process and knew what to expect.

Interview Questions

• Salary range is an expected question but it is often the most difficult to navigate. My advice is be honest about what you need since you don't want to accept less than you can live with but give a range so there is room to negotiate.   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Coordinator Interview

Interview

Did not even happen!

I scheduled a FaceTime interview with the Greenville office (moving to the area from out of town and since I could not make it in into the office I was offered to either Skype or FaceTime). First interview was set for 8am. My interviewer emailed me at 7:34 am to tell me she "forgot she had to carpool that morning" and she would be a little late with the call. She did not call me until 8:14, at which point I had to inform her that I had to be at work at 9am (something she knew beforehand) and I could not do the interview with so little time.

We rescheduled for 8am the next day. Again, I rearranged my schedule to meet the 8 am interview time. This time I did not even get a "hey I am running late" email. The rep just completely did not call. At 8:16 I sent her an email asking to remove my name from consideration for any job opening with her staffing company.

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half Finance & Accounting (New Haven, CT (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

During the interview, there were a lot of what if questions, and what would in certain situations type questions....It was more calm and relaxing, Not to stressful. More of a get to know each other and each other's work styles during that time

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Robert Half Finance & Accounting (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for a Senior Accountant role on Craigslist. A recruiter from Robert Half emailed me the next day asking me to come in for a quick interview. I came in that day after work for a 1 hour interview. During the first half of the interview, the recruiter told me how great I was, how desirable my resume was, and how much the employers he represents are going to want me. For the second half of the interview, he negotiated how low he could "sell" me to the company, and told me I should accept a salary 30% lower than the salary posted on the job ad. He went on and on about how my current salary will determine my next salary, so I can't ask for too much.

Financial Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Robert Half Finance & Accounting (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

Initial contact came from the company for work that I had done in the past years. Interview with multiple personnel within the company. A credit and criminal background check was conducted and then a job offer was extended.

Interview Questions

• Why did I do consulting work for my entire career and why did I start.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was negotiated and was tough to reach an acceptable amount to both parties.

Financial Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half Finance & Accounting (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was okay, going over the education, past experience and behavioral questions. they wanted to fix the salary range as well and were looking to position you onto any existing client requirement. One major thing the requirement and fit match seldom happens

Account Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Robert Half Finance & Accounting (Canton, OH (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

Filled out paperwrok, normal interview process, found out job had already been filled but they called me in anyway. Don't apply to them. Not worth the time or the gas to drive there.

Interview Questions

• Normal interview questions, are you willing to travel, how far would you travel, strengths and weaknesses, where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Robert Half Finance & Accounting (Boston, MA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

I was debating writing this but I felt this was needed to be written in the case this doesn't happen to someone else. Where do I even begin. First I applied to Robert half a couple months I met in the Boston office and was told they had a opening and need more in Cambridge though my heart was set on Boston I went for the interview went well smaller office very nice people. They liked me and I got offered the position and was told if anything happens to re apply since I was a strong candidate. Unfortunately I had to turn it down due to conflicts with my college schedule and internship. Months later I applied because my situation has changed with my school where I don't need an internship. I'm not gonna name names but someone in the Boston office who offered me the job reached out because he seen my resume, said he can work something out and to come in to see what positions are available. I wanted the recruiter position and he new that. Last week he brought in and we talked and basically insulted me saying how he doubted me as a person and basically recommended for a glorified assistant floater role which I would never take let's be real that position was horrible saying it's not a probation but it really was in my eyes. He had me go through that whole process again it was disgusting and a complete waste of my time. If your gonna give someone a second chance don't waste there time. Needless to say I have no desire to work or ever in a million years apply to Robert half. Over all I felt punished because I didn't take the role in Cambridge..

Recruiting Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half Finance & Accounting in November 2015.

Interview

Met the branch manager and division director at branch (panel interview) - asked to take a 3 part assessment, went back to meet with another director, and then finally a Facetime Interview with the district manager. Asked to go back to location, and was given an offer

Interview Questions

• - How were you able to handle a stressful situation?
      - What do you know about accounting yourself?
      - If you don't have a background in accounting - how would you staff for it?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.