Rocket Internet Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Rocket Internet Interview Questions

Updated 6 Sep 2017

2.7

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

Skype call during one hour by my immediate manager, then e-mail threats with Human Resources representatives. It went very fast (in 4 days). I decline to give you more information about the interview process. Thank you!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rocket Internet.

Interview

The best possible outcome. I interview with Oliver. He was inspiring and spoke to my whole MBA class. I got a job offer from him and his partner and then went to start Lazada. After that, I had a chance to work with other companies globally and in the HQ in Berlin, one of the great world class cities I got to visit.

Rocket is so special because you are always interviewing and always have great opportunities globally. If you want more than a suit and tie and 9-5, then be ready for this challenge and you can make your own story as an entrepreneur.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to go global? Are you willing to travel? Why ecommerce and what makes SE Asia a good opportunity now?

Is Asia better for growth of invested capital than Europe? Why?   1 Answer

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Claremont, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rocket Internet (Claremont, CA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

They called. Call dropped multiple times. Skype did not work either, very unprofessional. Afterwards I followed up but did not receive anything back to them. This seems common. The experience was not enjoyable.

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rocket Internet in September 2015.

Interview

My interview was over a Skype call. The first half of the interview was a mixture of behavioral questions and testing knowledge of the company. The second half consisted of two case study questions. The interviewer was slightly rude at times, but for the most part it was not a big deal.

Interview Questions

• If your company is trying to enter into the cosmetics industry in the US, what would your entry strategy be?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rocket Internet.

Interview

Was pretty straight forward - Send my appliaction monday morning, got tuesday afternoon an email with a request of a time slot for phone interview. Was phone interviewed by HR and one of the related team on thursday and friday my contract was sent via mail to me. All in all fasted from application to offer experience ever.

Interview Questions

• Nothing special, normal "walk me through your cv", what motivation do you have?, why rocket?, why startup/tech?, some common technical questions reagarding to finance   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rocket Internet.

Interview

Many fit questions about why you would want to move abroad for a position and your previous knowledge about the place/country/position. If you have previously been to that country or basic knowledge of local market, it will put you in a good position getting an offer.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rocket Internet (Chicago, IL (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Two skype interviews wtih managers from Germany.

Nothing out of the ordinary, general business related questions that can be answered logically.
    Questions related to marketing campaigns.
    Also asked a mini case question, which I was able to answer

Interview Questions

• There was nothing unexpected. I wasn't expecting to be asked a case-interview in the first round   1 Answer

Time frame did not match.

Entrepreneur In Residence Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rocket Internet in August 2012.

Interview

First round interview was with HR person, which was more than just fit and behavioral. It delved a bit into technical and skills, especially about how I would add value in the first 100 days.

Interview Questions

• How would I start a business in an emerging market? Who would I employ? What would be the three most important decisions?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Rocket Internet (New York, NY (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

behavioral

remuneration

Co-Founder Chief Executive Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rocket Internet (New York, NY (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

Long distance over the phone by regional managers. Basic phone conversation about past and opinion on business model. I believe in recent years they've modified the process to be more like a consulting/case studies interviews.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the business model? what's the most important roles needed   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.