Rolls-Royce Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Rolls-Royce Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at Rolls-Royce

3.5

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl River, MS (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Pearl River, MS (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

One call with a contractor, mostly behavioral questions. After this moved onto another round with engineers at the plant I applied to work at. The two interviews were largely identical.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you failed. How did you adapt and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Rolls-Royce

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

Phone interview, behavioral. Interviewer was super friendly and had a few questions prepared regarding behavioral personality. Other things included to go more in depth on the items on my resume and any questions I had

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce in September 2018.

Interview

I sat in a table with two interviewers, one asked questions while the other took notes. One of them is usually HR so don't get too technical. A few behavioral questions with one technical question at the end. My interview was geared towards Material Science Engineering.

Interview Questions

• (Geared towards Material Science)
      When designing an engine part, what material characteristics would you consider?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (West Lafayette, IN (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

After you apply to the general "engineering internship" position, they will send you an email about taking the online assessments. If your scores are acceptable, they will look for a manager wanting to hire someone with your qualifications. You will then be emailed about the positions you may interview for. If you would like to take the interview, you email them back and set up a time with the hiring manager. In my experience, both of my interviews were over the phone( March 2017 for Summer 2017 and September 2017 for Summer 2018). They will ask you what you will add to the company and things you may be interested in doing. After the interview they will take 1-2 weeks to get back to you about your offer. If you are given an offer, you usually have 2 weeks to accept it. (Pro tip: Don't mention anything about cars. They don't own that company anymore. )

Interview Questions

• What technical experience do you have that will be value added to this company?   Answer Question
    • What are you interested in doing at Rolls-Royce?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Terre Haute, IN (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

First had a face to face with one person interview. Had a second interview with a hiring manager two weeks later over the phone. Each interview lasted about 45 mins with very easy to no technical questions. Really tried to determine which engineering areas would be a good fit for them and the areas I was interested in working in.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to come up with a create solution and what was the result.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in September 2010.

Interview

2 Peoples interviewed me on my college campus. One was taking notes while the other was asking questions.

Interview Questions

• How would to describe the use of a Free Body Diagram to a non technical person?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Interview

The initial step was to fill out application questions. You then automatically get invited to complete online tests. If you are successful, your application is reviewed and then you may be invited to an assessment centre. This was a half day assessment centre consisting of 2 interviews and a group task. One interview was competency based, one was technical.

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England).

Interview

Firstly online tests, followed by an online interview, then a final round assessment centre day consisting of two interviews and group exercise. All interviewers were very welcoming and the entire process was efficient.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company and what can the company offer you?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce.

Interview

Filled out the online application which requested your CV as well as information on you (date of birth, education...etc.). They also asked the typical questions like why Rolls Royce, why your chosen program...etc.

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England).

Interview

Applied online, got an invite for online assessments after a few days and within a few hours got a notification that I passed that stage. I had a very quick experience with Rolls Royce, within a few days they had checked my resume and motivation and the online status changed to 'to be invited'. It did take an additional 1,5 week for me to actually receive an invite for the assessment centre in Derby, UK. They paid for my flight & necessary accommodation to attend the assessment centre.

The assessment centre consisted of a brief presentation about yourself followed by a compentency interview. Then we had a technical interview, which was quite easy in my opinion as the interviewer tried to only ask questions in the fields I was comfortable in. Lastly there was a group exercize, it was fun but I struggled a little with the strong British accents of the fellow interviewees, whom, due to the time pressure of the exercise, started to talk very fast.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain the concept of (pick from a list of topics) to me as if I am someone who knows nothing about it?   2 Answers
    • What is a Reynolds number   1 Answer
    • Why Rolls Royce   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.