Rolls-Royce Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Rolls-Royce Engineering Interview Questions

3.5

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Columbus, IN (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online for a posted position on their website. About 2 weeks after submitting my application , I got an email for a phone interview. Scheduled the interview. It seemed like it was conducted by a third party (not Rolls-Royce HR). The interview was only 30 minutes long. Standard questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Rolls-Royce

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and did all kind of assessment tests, like iq and situationall questions, in 2 days got called for an interview, scheduled interview for next day, got interviewed with behavioral an situational questions, next week got the job offerwhich I acceptet.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

My experience with Aero Engine Controls (AEC) was nothing but exceptional. The communication from Rolls-Royce was efficient, well planned and professional. I was continuously impressed with detailed and prompt information. The culture at AEC seemed professional and yet friendly and relaxed. I was very pleased overall with my experience.

Interview Questions

• The good news about the interview is the questions weren't easy. They definitely test to see if you know your job. This was appealing to me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

There was an on campus interview, then i had to meet with the team for an all day interview where we met with a bunch of people. Had to take two tests, do a presentation, and a group interview.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in September 2010.

Interview

2 Peoples interviewed me on my college campus. One was taking notes while the other was asking questions.

Interview Questions

• How would to describe the use of a Free Body Diagram to a non technical person?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Terre Haute, IN (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

First had a face to face with one person interview. Had a second interview with a hiring manager two weeks later over the phone. Each interview lasted about 45 mins with very easy to no technical questions. Really tried to determine which engineering areas would be a good fit for them and the areas I was interested in working in.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to come up with a create solution and what was the result.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (West Lafayette, IN (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

After you apply to the general "engineering internship" position, they will send you an email about taking the online assessments. If your scores are acceptable, they will look for a manager wanting to hire someone with your qualifications. You will then be emailed about the positions you may interview for. If you would like to take the interview, you email them back and set up a time with the hiring manager. In my experience, both of my interviews were over the phone( March 2017 for Summer 2017 and September 2017 for Summer 2018). They will ask you what you will add to the company and things you may be interested in doing. After the interview they will take 1-2 weeks to get back to you about your offer. If you are given an offer, you usually have 2 weeks to accept it. (Pro tip: Don't mention anything about cars. They don't own that company anymore. )

Interview Questions

• What technical experience do you have that will be value added to this company?   Answer Question
    • What are you interested in doing at Rolls-Royce?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Mumbai (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

Short discussion to share your point of view on skill set of an individual. Nothing is wrong or right, it is interviewer state of mind whether he likes or it matches with his own thoughts or not.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce in January 2011.

Interview

I have had a good overall impression, interesting questions, friendly interviewers. However there was a really bad audio during the phone call. Time scales after the interview have not been clearly explained. Impression that the interview should have taken longer. Remember questions too specific, without experience in the sector was not possible to answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce in March 2012.

Interview

1 phone interview (so far): Questions were very technical. Focusing on establishing my strengths and core interests. Interview started by asking me to summarize my work history. The 2 interviewers then asked specific questions on what i had done. They were intrested in knowing what engineering tools and processes were followed and used to reach the conclusions noted (on the CV). Was also asked what areas i would like to focus on while at RR.

Received email confirmation today for next phase (face-to-face interview).

If successful, Its been explained that a 3rd and final interview (at what will be my work location) will be scheduled.

Interview Questions

• What engineering tools/processes did you use to address/solve that problem?   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.