Ross Stores Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Ross Stores Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated 4 May 2017

1.8

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victorville, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Victorville, CA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was called in for a group interview and interviewed the very next day. There was about 5 people in each group interview. We were brought into an office and asked questions going around the room one by one. Very relaxed setting. Group interviews give you more time to think about how you want to answer each question.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Sacramento, CA (US)).

Interview

I applied online and received a phone interview within 2 weeks. I was then invited to an interview at one of the locations I was interested in. The questions were very basic. I got the job but didn't continue with the company after going in for a week. Management changed and she wasn't willing to work with my college schedule. She denied anything the interviewer had agreed to as far as flexibility and scheduling.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores in March 2017.

Interview

Applied and they called me the next day for an interview. The interview lasted about 30 minutes by the manager and a supervisor. The questions were not hard at all. At the end of the interview he offered me the job. I accepted and waiting on background check.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if someone asked you for personal info?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

They called me about a week or 2 after I applied online. I went in for an interview, they told me about the background check. I was extremely excited about this interview. It was the perfect location right in between my home and my college campus. I wrote down my number and the days I was willing to work down for the interviewer. He told me that I'd get a call with the results on Friday. I never got a call so I waited the weekend and called them. I would ask to speak to a hiring manager, ask about a follow-up, they'd tell me they would call back and never did. I did this 3 times because I was so determined to have that job. It was very disheartening. I believe every employer looks for reliability and you yourself weren't reliable. Shame on you for not keeping your word.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Colorado Springs, CO (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

Brief discussion with manager and then a quick background check and questions. Then we walked around the store and went over what things I would actually be doing. It was very quick and easy and painless

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Houston, TX (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Waited in the employee break room until I was asked to write my name on a piece of paper. I assume this was the order in which we were going to be interviewed. When I was called in the guy asked about my availability and other questions like why I wanted to be an associate. He said they would call back and tell me if I got the job or not. No call. When I called they asked for my name and number and again never called back. Inconsiderate.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

Applied online..received callback 3 days later to come in for an interview the next day. Interviewer was very nice , asked about experience and availability. Was given scenarios about upset customers and how would I handle those. Was offered the position by the end of interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores in September 2016.

Interview

I applied on September 25th. On Sept 26th I got a call by the store manager and was asked about my availability. After I said what it was, I was asked to attend an interview and did so on Sept 27th. I applied for a retail associate/cashier position but once we got into the interview, I was told that the only open positions were for seasonal backroom stock associates. That is not what I applied for and if there were no openings for a cashier position, I shouldn't have been called. I feel I should have been asked over the phone if I was interested in interviewing for an alternate position. Anyway, the interview went nice and there were no "tell me about a time" questions. I was told I had a job pending a background check but have since been ghosted by the manager. A week went by which was the time frame given to me for a background check to go through and I received no calls or emails. Upon trying to call the store a few times, I was not able to get in touch with the manager. He was either not there or busy. It has now been 3 weeks since the interview and I have received no further correspondence. I do not know what happened. I was told orientation would begin on OCT 16th but it's now OCT 14th, so I guess I wasn't hired after all despite being told I was. This was a truly awful experience and my time was wasted for 3 weeks which could have been used to apply to other jobs.

Interview Questions

• Let's start by telling me a little about yourself.   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you saw a coworker stealing?   1 Answer
    • Are you able to work in a fast paced environment?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

I was contacted almost 2 weeks after submitting my application. After the phone interview, I was invited for an in-person interview the next day. The manager was friendly and laid back. It was probably 20 minutes long. I was asked 4 situational questions which were sort of difficult. I was offered the position that same day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you almost lost a customer and how did you handle it?
      Tell me about a time you succeeded and others failed?
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

Applied online and got a call for an interview a month later. Went in for the interview and was hired on the spot. Interview lasted less than 10 mins. Came back for orientation ask few weeks later after my background check cleared and started a couple days after that.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.