Royal Bank of Scotland Graduate Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Royal Bank of Scotland Graduate Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Royal Bank of Scotland

3.1

Graduate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in November 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for the Conduct & Regulatory Affairs position, London office. The process took roughly a month. After applying online, did a situational judgement test, one logical test, one numerical test. Five days later, received an invitation for a phone call. RBS did strength-based interview, not competency-based. So it may be quite tricky for American students. Overall the process was good, but question types really toughened the work. The interviewer sounded uninterested in my answers throughout the interview, which was bad. There was barely any interactions between she and I. She just said "good, next question" after every answer. Kinda boring.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Royal Bank of Scotland

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (New Delhi (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

apti and coding round where apti was amcat and it was one of the hardest aptitude tests i have taken in my life.
    gd/pi
    coding round (subjective)
    face to face interview where they ask puzzles and all aslo

Interview Questions

• find that the given tree is a binary search tree
      design a software for parking lot mangement   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England) in November 2016.

Interview

Did situational test and numerical tests. Was invited for phone interview. Interview was purely behavioural/competency based. About 6-7 question with someone from HR. Some differences between other interviews was that they asked what you would do in hypothetical scenarios. Asked about client and customer service.

Graduate Analyst Interview

Interview

Made it through to phone interview after entering CV and answering a few questions online. Telephone interview was majorly scripted. I was told at the beginning that they were not able to ask further questions and that there maybe a time delay between my answers and the next question due to them typing up my answers. The questions target a lot of the company's values but the lack of conversation means you are basically filling in boxes verbally.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England) in December 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was lack of experience, so I mark negative for this experience.

1What’s your understanding of the program you apply for, what you will in this role, why internal audit, and why RBS? (all in one question)
    2What can you bring to RBS?
    3How would you persuade a group of people with conflicting objectives?
    4What excites you when facing challenges? Give me an example of challenges.
    5A time you learn recently.
    6What would you think is important when you serving customer?
    7In your first month join us, you are assigned to deliver a presentation to a client, what would you do?
    8Give me an example of doing to right thing

Interview Questions

• In your first month join us, you are assigned to deliver a presentation to a client, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England) in December 2015.

Interview

Strength based telephone interview after completing online testing: Lasted 35 minutes. After completing online testing, got an email which said I had progressed to the next stage and that I could book a spot online. I booked an interview spot a week in advance, and ensured adequate time for preparation. Glass door reviews were incredibly helpful in preparation, and I would strongly urge you to read as many as you can. The more prepared you are with the questions and what to expect, the more likely you will succeed past it.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you know about the role. Why this role? Why RBS? Tell me about one time when you faced a challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Graduate Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in September 2014.

Interview

1st round, intelligence test, same as other IQ test, pass
    This set of problems is much more difficult than SHL (some name like that). It includes arrows combination, symbols, etc
    2nd round, numerical test, failed
    Different from other banks, just 12 McQ quiz, 75sec each, quite stressed comparing to other banks online test. Actually, it might not be that difficult, but you need to be prepared and using a good calculator.

Each quiz with at least 6 choices, some even with more than 10 choices
    They will have assessment center if u pass it. Some of my friend get there, but unfortunately I failed.

Interview Questions

• Different from other banks, just 12 McQ quiz, 75sec each..   Answer Question

Graduate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview

Very efficient process.

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview process consists of 3-4 rounds. The first round in a group discussion. In the next round there is a case study and a presentation is to be given on the solution. The final round is a 1:1 interview. The interview consists of behavioral, analytical and technical questions. They are looking for good communication skills, a good IQ and also judge how aware of you are of what is happening around you.

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2011.

Interview

Application online lead to them asking me to do an online verbal and mental ability quiz. I was invited for a 20min interview with 2 senior managers. This was followed by a 4-5hr super day.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.