Royal Mail Delivery Driver and Postwomen Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Royal Mail Delivery Driver and Postwomen Interview Questions

Interviews at Royal Mail

2.7

Delivery Driver and Postwomen Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Mail.

Interview

Very calm and quite comfortable. Staff were friendly and looked like great people to work with. Interviewer also made the atmosphere quite relaxed and less nerve wracking.

First looked at my documents and took some copies.

Other Interview Reviews for Royal Mail

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Aberdeen, Scotland) in September 2018.

Interview

Formal Interview with competency based questions. Was made to feel very relaxed. Ensure you have correct paperwork and dress smart. I was in the Interview for apx 75 minutes

Interview Questions

• What checks would you carry out on your van daily?   1 Answer

Delivery Driver and Postwomen Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail in July 2018.

Interview

I did the online test and was then invited to an interview just under 2 weeks later. My interview was 4 days later. It was frustratingly done by points, so it was more about what you know than how you are as a person. I was asked 5/6 situation questions, and then was asked questions specifically about the role. I struggled most with the van questions (felt like a driving theory test) and health and safety questions as it wasn't just name a few, they were expecting about 8 answers for each one.

I was told I would be told either way within 6-10 days, just under 3 weeks later I was told I hadn't been successful but put on a waiting list. (Don't believe them when they give you a time frame, not sure it would have been the same if I was successful but frustrating either way)

Overall a very long and drawn out experience, I would advice revising more about the role.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question
    • Name a time you saw a potential hazard and handled it yourself   Answer Question
    • What would you check on your van before going out for delivery   2 Answers
    • How to reduce risk in the work place   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Stroud, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Stroud, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Application online then a face to face interview. With standard interview questions. Each answer is scored with 1-5 dependant on words and behaviours. Highest score on interview get the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you faced a difficult decision   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folkestone, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Folkestone, England).

Interview

One to one. Relaxed and asked a series of standard questions. I received an email a week later to say I hadn't got the exact job but that I had passed the interview and am now on the waiting list for three months. If another job comes up, then I just apply but will not need to go through the interview process again within the three months.

Interview Questions

• What checks would you make on your vehicle.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Leicester, England).

Interview

I was interviewed by one manager in a small room with a desk. Was quite relaxed. He read from a workbook which included 6 questions of the "tell me about a time" type.
    It felt a little inflexible and I didn't put myself across like I wanted due to him just reading from the pages.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult customer you dealt with and the outcome   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Royal Mail?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Axminster, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Axminster, England) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online, completing two Talent Q group tests. One of which was a personality based questionnaire, which was lengthly and repetitive, but fairly easy. My answers focused mainly on positive interaction with people and good attitude. The second of which was a numerical test where you had to check that long strings of numbers match up correctly to each other. I feel I did well in these and received an email saying I had got through to an interview, which was great.

I turned up for my interview at the address and time supplied on the email, however the delivery office was closed as I realised I had been given an interview out of opening hours. I wondered around the 'no public access area' in the delivery area but everywhere was deserted. Whilst I was checking the email incase I had missed any information about where to go or what to do, I luckily bumped into a kind royal mail worker that took me through to a difficult to see entrance to the warehouse and through to a small office. I was then told that I was not expected as the manager wasn't there, and there was someone from a different office covering for him.
    I was then sat down whilst the 'interviewer' looked around for my cv, gave it a quick glance, and then took me through the basics of working for royal mail, which mainly focused on the negatives (bad weather, vicious animals, tiring, hard work etc), but I knew what I was getting myself in for as my brother has been a postman ,and thought I would fit the job well. I was then told that the manager would be in touch in a few days to reschedule another interview. This was slightly disappointing as I had made the effort to prepare for the interview and drive to the location, but they had not made the effort to let me know in advance that the interview would not be happening.

A couple days later I received an automated email telling me 'We are sorry to have to tell you that due to unforeseen circumstances this vacancy has now been withdrawn.' Quite annoying but continued to apply for other Royal Mail jobs.

Then, nearly three weeks later, I received an email saying that the vacancy I had applied for originally had been changed from 30 hours to 24 hours, and that this will be covered with me in an interview. I thought great, as now the process can continue and I will be able to have the interview as I was scheduled for, and waited for them to send me another booking. However, a few days later, I was just sent 'We are sorry to inform you that on this occasion your application has not been successful as you did not meet the criteria for this role.'

I thought this was very unfair as I had successfully completed the application process and was not even given the opportunity of an interview, been messed around and had my time wasted.

The only thing I can think of as to why they decided my application was unsuccessful is that they prejudged me when I came to my interview, perhaps as I am a young female, without ever being given the chance to show that I was capable of enduring difficult physical exercise, lifting and have lots of experience in customer service.

Overall a very poor process!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hull, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Hull, England) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail Hull England) in January 2017.Very straight forward.
    1 person
    Competency Based Initially (Give me an example when) x 6
    Job Specific Questions
    Overview Of The Job

Interview Questions

• What checks on the van would you do before setting off?
      Answer Question   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Leicester, England) in January 2017.

Interview

Very straight forward.
    1 person
    Competency Based Initially (Give me an example when) x 6
    Job Specific Questions
    Overview Of The Job

Interviewer has a booklet that they ask the questions from and then simply fills in the boxes.

Interview Questions

• What checks on the van would you do before setting off?   1 Answer
    • Do you generally spend recreational time outside...if so doing what?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Royal Mail?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was quite good it command sense questions they ask u 6 alltogeher make sure u know about vehicle checks as this is one they will ask you at the end of interview

Interview Questions

• What check would you do before driving your van??   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.