Royal Mail Delivery Driver and Postwomen Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Royal Mail Delivery Driver and Postwomen Interview Questions

Interviews at Royal Mail

2.7

Delivery Driver and Postwomen Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail in March 2014.

Interview

It was a fairly straightforward competency based interview lasting about 35 minutes with 6 or 7 questions. two people on the interview panel. Clear instructions given about which documents twere needed to be brought to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Example of working as part of a team and also another question about working alone   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Royal Mail

Anonymous Employee in Stroud, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Stroud, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Application online then a face to face interview. With standard interview questions. Each answer is scored with 1-5 dependant on words and behaviours. Highest score on interview get the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you faced a difficult decision   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folkestone, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Folkestone, England).

Interview

One to one. Relaxed and asked a series of standard questions. I received an email a week later to say I hadn't got the exact job but that I had passed the interview and am now on the waiting list for three months. If another job comes up, then I just apply but will not need to go through the interview process again within the three months.

Interview Questions

• What checks would you make on your vehicle.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hull, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Hull, England) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail Hull England) in January 2017.Very straight forward.
    1 person
    Competency Based Initially (Give me an example when) x 6
    Job Specific Questions
    Overview Of The Job

Interview Questions

• What checks on the van would you do before setting off?
      Answer Question   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Axminster, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Axminster, England) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online, completing two Talent Q group tests. One of which was a personality based questionnaire, which was lengthly and repetitive, but fairly easy. My answers focused mainly on positive interaction with people and good attitude. The second of which was a numerical test where you had to check that long strings of numbers match up correctly to each other. I feel I did well in these and received an email saying I had got through to an interview, which was great.

I turned up for my interview at the address and time supplied on the email, however the delivery office was closed as I realised I had been given an interview out of opening hours. I wondered around the 'no public access area' in the delivery area but everywhere was deserted. Whilst I was checking the email incase I had missed any information about where to go or what to do, I luckily bumped into a kind royal mail worker that took me through to a difficult to see entrance to the warehouse and through to a small office. I was then told that I was not expected as the manager wasn't there, and there was someone from a different office covering for him.
    I was then sat down whilst the 'interviewer' looked around for my cv, gave it a quick glance, and then took me through the basics of working for royal mail, which mainly focused on the negatives (bad weather, vicious animals, tiring, hard work etc), but I knew what I was getting myself in for as my brother has been a postman ,and thought I would fit the job well. I was then told that the manager would be in touch in a few days to reschedule another interview. This was slightly disappointing as I had made the effort to prepare for the interview and drive to the location, but they had not made the effort to let me know in advance that the interview would not be happening.

A couple days later I received an automated email telling me 'We are sorry to have to tell you that due to unforeseen circumstances this vacancy has now been withdrawn.' Quite annoying but continued to apply for other Royal Mail jobs.

Then, nearly three weeks later, I received an email saying that the vacancy I had applied for originally had been changed from 30 hours to 24 hours, and that this will be covered with me in an interview. I thought great, as now the process can continue and I will be able to have the interview as I was scheduled for, and waited for them to send me another booking. However, a few days later, I was just sent 'We are sorry to inform you that on this occasion your application has not been successful as you did not meet the criteria for this role.'

I thought this was very unfair as I had successfully completed the application process and was not even given the opportunity of an interview, been messed around and had my time wasted.

The only thing I can think of as to why they decided my application was unsuccessful is that they prejudged me when I came to my interview, perhaps as I am a young female, without ever being given the chance to show that I was capable of enduring difficult physical exercise, lifting and have lots of experience in customer service.

Overall a very poor process!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Leicester, England) in January 2017.

Interview

Very straight forward.
    1 person
    Competency Based Initially (Give me an example when) x 6
    Job Specific Questions
    Overview Of The Job

Interviewer has a booklet that they ask the questions from and then simply fills in the boxes.

Interview Questions

• What checks on the van would you do before setting off?   1 Answer
    • Do you generally spend recreational time outside...if so doing what?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Royal Mail?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Eastbourne, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Eastbourne, England) in July 2016.

Interview

The online application, consisted of a standard application form. Then I had to complete 2 online tests, spot the difference and situational judgement. I was then invited for a face to face interview. This consisted of a licence check, eye sight test and an interview with a manager. Having successfully passed, an CRB and enhanced security check was conducted. Upon satisfactory references and security clearance, I was sent a start date and asked to order uniform.

Interview Questions

• When checking your van first thing in the morning what are you looking for?   2 Answers
    • Name some health and safety occurrences you should be aware of in the office?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Leicester, England).

Interview

I was interviewed by one manager in a small room with a desk. Was quite relaxed. He read from a workbook which included 6 questions of the "tell me about a time" type.
    It felt a little inflexible and I didn't put myself across like I wanted due to him just reading from the pages.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult customer you dealt with and the outcome   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Royal Mail?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was quite good it command sense questions they ask u 6 alltogeher make sure u know about vehicle checks as this is one they will ask you at the end of interview

Interview Questions

• What check would you do before driving your van??   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hereford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Hereford, England) in August 2016.

Interview

Initial online application, followed by online assessments to check your attention to detail, quick process all in all and received an invitation to come in for an interview. Received a conditional offer of employment based on satisfactory security checks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Royal Mail?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.