Royal Mail Postman/Postwoman With Driving Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Royal Mail Postman/Postwoman With Driving Interview Questions

Interviews at Royal Mail

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Girvan, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Girvan, Scotland) in January 2018.

Interview

Very informal and friendly. I arrived early and was l left sitting in the main floor - deserted as it was am and all deliveries and rounds were presumably in progress. Was offered coffee. Manager was laid back and interview was a lengthy chat followed by a mini tour. All delivery staff are male. Reckon the plan is to keep it that way.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer went through all 6 questions (as listed on this site against this job title). Filled in/scored me as I went along. No curveballs. Dealing with difficult customers / what vehicle checks would you carry out / dealing with H&S hazards / working in a team / when have you introduced something that made life easier / dealing with organisational change   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Royal Mail

Anonymous Employee in Hove, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Hove, England) in October 2017.

Interview

In person quick interview, half review of documents and half interview questions. Only looking for one example as an answer for each question, not necessary to prepare multiple responses. Overall a very relaxed and quick interview, definitely not looking to 'catch you out' with any of the questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altrincham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Altrincham, England) in November 2017.

Interview

As with previous comments - applied online and had to do a couple of online tests. Invited for interview fairly quickly.
    The interview was quite rushed with the manager appearing to be quickly repeating himself from the previous interview! Got the impression that he had better things to do! He didn't really ask anything about me or my previous employment and I felt like I didn't really get a chance to sell myself! It was over in approx. 30 minutes.
    Email received after 7 days to say was not successful but that I had passed the interview and my name would be added to a waiting list for 3 months. If I applied for another job, I would but have to re do the online tests.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 areas where Health & Safety can be an issue (or something like that!)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downpatrick, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Downpatrick, Northern Ireland) in October 2017.

Interview

i applied online then was sent a link to complete online test. about a week later i got email inviting me to interview which i had to book online from a list of available time slots. first thing i had to do on the day was a sight test, they took me to the car park and asked to read number plate of a car. then had all my documents checked. i was interviewed by 2 people, one asking questions and one taking notes as i was talking. it was very relaxed and i felt at ease. they want you to do well and if you get stuck on a question they will move on and come back to it and also try to prompt you to jog your memory if you are struggling to remember specific examples. told that i would get an email within a week letting me know either way, and if successful i would have to go through screening and references and possibly more online tests which could take 4 weeks or longer. overall it was a positive experience, lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about royal mail and why do you want to work for us   Answer Question
    • what safety checks would you do before setting off in a van.   1 Answer
    • tell me about a time in work or home life when you had to change something to improve efficiency.   Answer Question
    • cant remember exact wording but asking for examples of time you had to change your normal role at work ie can you adapt to changes   Answer Question
    • questions about how would you ensure safety to yourself and others when out on a delivery round and asked for previous examples of time you saw a health and safety hazard and how did you deal with it   Answer Question
    • asking about a time you dealt with a customer who was unhappy with the service they recieved, what did you do, what was the outcome, what would you change   Answer Question

Postman/Postwoman With Driving Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Mail in July 2017.

Interview

Fairly informal and not particularly stressful as interviews go. Just one person interviewing. It took about 1hr and the questions where straight forward. Not entirely sure the interviewer wrote down a great deal as I was answering. Still waiting to hear regarding outcome. I was told it will take a while.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you've shown resilience.
      Explain how you react to change at work.
      Why do you want to work for Royal Mail?
      Describe a new process you came up with to improve work efficiency.
      What can you do to show you are health and safety conscious?
      What checks do you carry out on the vehicle?
      Talk about a time when you were under pressure and what steps you took overcome this.
      Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer. What did you do and what was the outcome?
      Have you been in a situation where you had a set back and how did you deal with it?
      Can you describe a time where you worked as part of a team?
      Are you able to work on Saturdays?
      Can you work overtime?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exeter, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Exeter, England) in June 2017.

Interview

After filling in the application form (mainly CV and personal details) I was required to complete a personality questionnaire (no time limit) and a numerical type test (timed) within 24 hours.
    Within a week I was invited to an interview - this took about 45 minutes and involved checking my right to work, place of address etc details and then was asked a series of competency based questions (around 8) and job suitability questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glastonbury, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Glastonbury, England) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online via Royal Mail website, very straightforward online form where you can upload your CV. After you submit your application you should receive an email to complete an online test to be completed.

The first part of the online test is a personality quiz to see if you align with the values required for the role. The second part is a test of your quality assurance for checking codes/numbers against a set of codes or numbers. This is a timed assessment which I find harder as it went along. And usually timed out for the very last question (8) before I have finished the last line.

After a good couple of weeks you may be contacted for an interview, at this point I had applied for three roles at different times and heard nothing from the first application and after two weeks heard from one. I was invited for an interview and given a window in which I could attend.

The interview was in two stages, the first was to check I had all relevant documents to ensure I was legible to work in the U.K. If you do not have this you will not go forward to the next stage so it is very important that you read the instructions thoroughly. The passport photocopy you should provide the out cover as well as the copy of the picture page.

The second part of the interview was conducted as a competency test, asking various questions to test how you perform in different circumstances, why you want to work at Royal Mail, safety considerations to look out for etc.. These should be answered in the format:
    Situation and Task, explain circumstances and the task at hand
    Action: what action did you take, speak personally 'I did...' rather than 'we...'
    Result: what overall outcome was from what you personally did

After the interview I was notified a couple of days later that other candidates had scored more highly but I could be shortlisted for other roles by using the link in the email they sent me.

Interview Questions

• What vehicle check would you undertake before setting off?   1 Answer
    • Can you think of a time when their was a safety risk at work and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Royal Mail regard itself highly for a quality service. Can you think of a time when you delivered a high quality service?   Answer Question

Postman/Postwoman With Driving Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Mail in February 2017.

Interview

Informal and straightforward, seen by manager on his own,some questions are difficult dependant upon your background and previous work experience. Emphasis appeared to be on being able to work as a team and flexibility around working overtime, weekends etc . I found the online test more taxing than the interview ! Don't forget all your id documents and photocopies of them. You don't necessarily get turned away but it shows an ability to be organised. Awaiting result of interview

Interview Questions

• Give an occasion when you've had a stressful situation at work and how you've dealt with it   Answer Question
    • Give an occasion when you've made a change to a work related matter and how it improved the organisation.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of your flexibility when working   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about working in all weathers particularly very cold and wet conditions   Answer Question
    • What things would you check on a vehicle before you started your round.   Answer Question

Postman/Postwoman With Driving Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail.

Interview

Applied for the position on the Internet after a successful application I then took an online test where I was asked to identify errors amongst postcodes and telephone numbers within a set amount of time. I was then invited to a face to face interview where I was asked a set of behavioural and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the royal mail?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you have adapted to a new method in work.   Answer Question
    • What would you look for while checking a van?   2 Answers

Postman/Postwoman With Driving Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Mail in August 2016.

Interview

First I had to produce all documentation that they requested on the confirmation of interview email. If you don't provide this the interview process ends.
    I was interviewed by the manager of the branch. Set questions and he wrote down all my responses.
    Very much focused on experience on customer service and asked how I would deal with a difficult customer and how I feel about stressful situations.
    Unfortunately the hours offered were not suitable for me.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.