Royal Mail Postman/Woman With Driving Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 17 Aug 2018

2.5

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colchester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Colchester, England).

Interview

Compendancy based asking questions on team work. Health and safety. Reading a number plate. Vehicle checks. Had to supply various documents for example passport.d I'd an online test first which was east after submitting CV and completing form online. Was then offered interview at local office. Was asked why wanted to work there and what knew about royal mail.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you had stress at work and how it was resolved   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Royal Mail

Anonymous Employee in Cannock, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Cannock, England) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview consisted of three main parts the first being checking of documents. When invited for interview you are sent information of documents required both originals and copies, make sure you take along the originals .
    The first set of questions are example based based questions - about 6 of these.
    Then following a brief description of the job role and how it works about 3 questions relating to work competency.
    Finally you get the opportunity to ask questions and as you leave you will be asked to read out the registration of a vehicle in the car park.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you have worked in a team, what was your role and the outcome   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you have dealt with a difficult customer, what was the problem, how did you react and handle it, what were your actions and the outcome and how did you feel.   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with change; give an example when you have been asked to change what you are doing at short notice and how you went about this   Answer Question
    • Health and Safety is everyone's responsibility in the workplace, what things would you consider in reviewing this in your workplace and what actions would you take?   1 Answer
    • What checks would you conduct on a vehicle before taking it out?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Consider your home life and if this fits in with you - requirement to work most Saturdays, you won't know until the start of the week what your duties are likely to be the next week and so what day you will have off, so not great if you need to consider long-term childcare provision. There is also the expectation that if you haven't finished you round in the duty time, you will stay on and finish it on overtime, however long it takes -so if you need to finish on time, you need to consider this.

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Glasgow, Scotland) in November 2017.

Interview

Situational Questions, Basic Health and Safety. Previous work experience and how this experience could be applied to the position you are applying for. Relaxed and fairly informal, allowed to laugh.

Interview Questions

• What Health and Safety issues should you be aware of?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dorchester, South West England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Dorchester, South West England, England) in January 2018.

Interview

They were interviewing many people when I arrived, one after the other seeing several interviewers. My interviewer was half an hour late but that did not bother me, the face to face chat was fairly quick about 30 minutes. Interviewer was polite and it was a fairly stress-free experience. I was told it will take a week before I get an answer, however it came just a few days later and I was unexpectedly unsuccessful. I spent a week researching, I did everything I could to get the job, I was prepared for all the questions, however I believe I was rejected due to being too old at 50 and having a hearing loss. Nevertheless I am more than able to do the job and am very fit and very looked forward to joining Royal Mail.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join RM?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Royal Mail (London, England).

Interview

Fill out the online application form and immediately you'll get a email sent back saying you need to complete a online assessment.

Once completed Royal Mail recruitment will let you know if you've got a interview with them by email.if accepted for interview you'll halfto saught out a time.

Anonymous Employee in Doncaster, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Doncaster, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Did online questions. I was successful enough to be contacted for a face to face interview at my local sorting office. I thought the interview went really well and the gent that interviewed my was really nice and put me at ease. I was told to await the outcome via email. I had to wait nearly 4 weeks for the result which was unfortunately a no as a higher candidate was successful. The good thing was that I had passed the interview and was placed in a waiting list for any available jobs in the next 3 mths. This ment I could apply for them using the link they sent and wouldn’t have to be re interviewed. Nearly another month passed and I received a phone call from Royal Mail offering me a position, which I’ve accepted and I’m currently going through the checks. Hopefully will have my start date in a few weeks.

I would say don’t give up if it’something you want to do, it’s just a long process.

Interview Questions

• What would I check on a vehicle before driving it.   1 Answer

Postman/Woman With Driving Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Mail.

Interview

applied online, then did a test online that involved some personalities questions and matching and spotting errors on strings of different information.. then got an email saying I was invited to a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• explain where you saw a breach of health and safety at work?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you have dealt with a difficult customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Glasgow, Scotland) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online, then attended a One-on-one interview with Royal Mail manager, at which I had to show proof of right to work in UK, driving license etc. Following the interview, Royal Mail conduct a basic background check, meaning the whole process took around 5-6 months from application to starting work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winscombe, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Winscombe, England) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview was a one on one and was a relaxed one, though i was nervous about it. We went through the paperwork first then onto the questions. The whole process took 45 - 60 mins.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beeston, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Beeston, East of England, England) in February 2018.

Interview

Had to take along copies of identification, driving licence and proof of address and also take a basic eyesight teat of reading a number plate at around 70 feet away. Once that was done there were six standard questions and then a couple of job related questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked as part of a team.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with an unhappy customer and how it made you feel.   Answer Question
    • Can you explain a time where you decided to make an improvement at the place you worked?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Royal Mail   Answer Question
    • Describe one time you had stress at work and how it was resolved   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.