SAGE Publishing Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

SAGE Publishing Interview Questions

Interviews at SAGE Publishing

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

Application

I interviewed at SAGE Publishing (Thousand Oaks, CA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Disorganized and wasted my time. Had me go to HQ and then, the panel is not even prepared and had the wrong set of documents. Was advised to wait for almost 2 months and was always told that was being considered for the position.

Had I not decided to make a follow up, will not know that the position has been filled. Very disorganized.

Interview Questions

• What is the best part of the application that you would prefer?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAGE Publishing (Thousand Oaks, CA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Three phone interviews, including a small panel. Then on on-site interview with the team. Everyone is pretty easy to talk to, and they want to make sure you have a general understanding of the role. More technical questions were during on-site

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for SAGE?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SAGE Publishing (Thousand Oaks, CA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Well thought out questions that were challenging questions that made you think. demonstrated care by the employer to assure they find the best possible candidate for the job. I had a total of 8 interviews over the course of the hiring process. Each one provided different, well thought out questions that were related to different aspects of the job, etc.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SAGE Publishing (Thousand Oaks, CA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

The hiring process started with an Initial phone interview with an executive manager, then an in-person interview with another manager the following week. The phone interview consisted of basic interview questions about my work history and what I was comfortable doing, along with a brief descriptions of what duties the intern position entailed. The in-person interview consisted of similar type questions/discussion. Following the in-person interview, I completed an at-home test/assessment with an allotted time of about two hours to complete; it tested my ability to follow instructions, think creatively, and correct spelling and grammar.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working with and reporting to someone who usually works off site?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no offers extended to me to negotiate, although I did request if the starting pay rate could be higher; HR kindly accepted my request and informed the hiring manager. The hiring manager said that the pay rate was not negotiable because it was at the higher end of the range that compared to similar type, full-time positions at the company. HR informed me of this news/decision, with the side note that the short-term lower pay would be worth it because of the high temp-to-perm conversion rate (and they were right, as I'm now working there full-time in a permanent position).

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAGE Publishing.

Interview

Extensive interview for an hourly intern position. Interviewed with 3 different employees and the entire process took 3+ hours. It seemed overly thorough for the role I was applying for, especially since it was my first time interviewing at a company.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SAGE Publishing.

Interview

Standard interview questions. I interviewed with the team of two I'd be directly working with . They were informative and seemed to have positive responses to my knowledge/background/questions ... but I did not receive a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about previous experience in marketing.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SAGE Publishing (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

I didn't get an offer, but had a great experience. Everyone I interviewed with displayed extreme passion for what they do. The interview process was kind of long. It started with a couple phone interviews followed by two Skype interviews. Finally they flew me out to Los Angeles for several 1:1 interviews as well as one group interview.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SAGE Publishing (Thousand Oaks, CA (US)) in July 2012.

Interview

It was a long process but well worth it. They have you interview in all departments and really make sure you are a fit for the SAGE culture. The invest time into the process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SAGE Publishing.

Interview

Ridiculously long interview process for the role (over 2 months and 6 interviews). First phone interview with HR, then face to face to with HR, then face to face with another EA, then Skype interview with a 2nd EA, then a face to face with the COO, then an interview lunch with 3 EAs.

Interview Questions

• Not a question, but was told not to expect this position to ever evolve into something else or be able to transfer to another department as they wont do it since the position comes into contact with alot of highly confidential information (what Admin or EA position doesnt?)   3 Answers

Negotiation

Read the comments, horrible experience!!!!

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SAGE Publishing in April 2015.

Interview

Long and tedious. The questions asked were fairy simple and straight forward for a technical position. Found the hiring manager / interviewer very polite and courteous. Extensive background check - took close to a month !

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.