SAS Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

SAS Institute Interview Questions

Updated 16 Oct 2017

Analytical Interview

Interview

I applied through our major's website, and they require CV and two reference letters. After about one month I receive email from the HR and a phone interview. Three people interviewed me, including the whole team's manager, my later manager under him, and a senior developer.

Interview Questions

• They mainly ask questions about my research and some technical questions in my research area.   Answer Question

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I got a response to interview for a Graphic Design role and it stated the interview would take place in Google Hangouts via chat. It did not state the next steps of that process so I simply responded that I was interested and what else do I need to do to get the interview rolling? To which the SAS representative asked what my google ID was. After I responded with my ID they were quick to say "Hi" in the chat window and asked if it was ok to begin the interview at that moment. Mind you, I do work and it was not clear to me how long a google chat interview would take, so I asked if it would be ok to schedule a later time. We agreed on a time later that day.

In the mean time the SAS rep asked for my phone number to verify identification codes they were sending me via text. I was sent 3 different codes and they asked me to repeat the code every time. At this point I'm a bit confused. Why am I getting these codes? What do they mean? This interview process is new to me. So of course I asked about the codes and the SAS rep said that they needed to verify the codes to create a company email to conduct the interview with. This made little sense to me.

When it came to our agreed time for the interview I simply said "Hello" in the chat window and asked if it was still a good time and there was nothing, no one, nothing for a whole 1/2hr. Then they respond with "Are you free now?" Then ask for another code they sent and then another....Finally after verifying 2 more codes they texted me they ask "What is your full name, current address, have you heard of our company before and what makes you perfect for this role".

Ok, they have my resume, why are they asking for these basic questions? As for why I was perfect, I began to write and the rep says "I'll be back". I'm pretty fed up with the unprofessional manner this already has become not knowing why they need verification codes, they don't live up to the time expectation and disappear mid-interview....yeah, be right back meant 1.5hrs later. It's now 6PM and the interview was supposed to start at 4PM!

I simply wrote this back:
    Hi! We agreed on a 4pm central/5pm eastern interview today.

I believe it had officially started around 440PM central today and you stated that you would be right back.

I waited 30 minutes for this to begin again and can no longer wait.

My time and talents are worth the position but if this is how business is conducted in trying to find talent for SAS I'm not sure SAS is worth my time. "

Interview Questions

• State your name, address and why you are perfect for the role...   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAS Institute in September 2017.

Interview

Cold Call from an out of state phone number in the middle of the work day, sounded like a teenager claiming to be a tech recruiter, spit out a bunch of buzz words and couldn't define them.

Interview Questions

• "Looks like you have a lot of like systems administration uh experience, like can you tell me like an example of when you uh like integrated enterprise solutions to your like environment?"   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAS Institute.

Interview

Applied online, heard back within two weeks. Easy and short interview, make sure you answer questions with confidence. The questions I was asked were all behavioral, there were no technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Office Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SAS Institute.

Interview

This was just a phone interview with two on the managers in the department. They were very nice and easy going and the phone conversation only lasted about 15 minutes.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Cary, NC (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Get a phone interview with the hiring manager in a week. Them, I had on-site interview that I met with the hiring manager, managers, and research scientists.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my resume, previous work experience, and my dissertation.   Answer Question

IT Service Desk Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Cary, NC (US)).

Interview

I believe the phone screen is to verify you are an actual person and have a pulse.
    1st round was with the three shift managers. They each ask a few questions about your experience. They don't go over the details of the job. The job posting is vague and not accurate.
    2nd interview was with next level management. They ask some of the same questions and i guess just try to figure out if you are competent.

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SAS Institute.

Interview

6 month hiring process - HR moved slow with limited feedback - benefits are great pay is on low side seems to be very stable place to work great gym and fitness area hiring manager worked to reduce lag time from HR over all positive experience

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a story when things didn't go your way and how it turned out.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR moved very slow.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Cary, NC (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Received call from two managers. Easy to talk to, but they did not ask any specific questions nor lead the interview in any direction. They were nice but it was hard to tell what they wanted to know specifically.

Intern Interview

Application

Interview

I had 3 phone interviews and for the last one I wasn't ever notified about it, they called spur of the moment but thought their HR coordinator has coordinated it with me previously.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.