SPAR (UK) Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

SPAR (UK) Interview Questions

Updated 30 Oct 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Lurgan, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SPAR (UK) (Lurgan, Northern Ireland).

Interview

Applied online, a week later got called for an interview then a few days later got offered the job. Fairly straightforward, interview was general questions then you had to sell something from their magazine. Once hired you have to continually do e learning.

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SPAR (UK) (Aberdeen, Scotland) in May 2017.

Interview

Walked in the store, to ask about any vacancies, the manager was there, he asked me about where I study and my time of availability, then he asked to come again tomorrow for the paperwork.

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SPAR (UK) (Belfast, Northern Ireland) in May 2017.

Interview

Got someone who lives near to grab me an application form, filled it in. Manager called me and asked me to come in a few days later to talk about availability for shifts and that was that.

Anonymous Employee in Craigavon, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SPAR (UK) (Craigavon, Northern Ireland) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview in staff room with manager and employement manager.
    Friendly environment, felt comfortable throughout.
    Questions included
    Plan a meal for a family of 4 using brouchere provided.
    Tell us what you would do if....
    Retail experience etc.

Interview Questions

• Plan a meal for a family of 4 using brouchere provided.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SPAR (UK) (Cardiff, Wales) in April 2016.

Interview

I was invited for an interview which turned out not to be an interview. I arrived and was taken to the office. I was asked what hours and when I would be able to start so I said immediately. The manager took my details and set about getting my uniform and then said to me what days I could be put in for that week and then that was it. Shook his hand and that was the end of that and I had a job.

Anonymous Employee in Carryduff, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SPAR (UK) (Carryduff, Northern Ireland) in November 2015.

Interview

Asked to wait in staff canteen area then brought into next room and sat down at a table with the manager of the store and the HR representative for Henderson's and interview began.

Interview Questions

• Plan a nutritional meal using the SPAR deals booklet   1 Answer

Night Shifts Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport, Newport, Wales

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at SPAR (UK) (Newport, Newport, Wales) in September 2015.

Interview

Short, quick and effective. They did however ask me to perform 4 hours unpaid work however which i thought was a little too much. They gave me 2 nights with a training partner which seemed difficult with 2 people, never mind alone.

Interview Questions

• Whether or not I can pick up work fast   1 Answer
    • Do i have any more questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Middlesbrough, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at SPAR (UK) (Middlesbrough, England) in May 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was very kind and offered great knowledge of the Spar Store, he offered help to me on my first shift and also asked about what I like to do and why I would like to work at spar, he was very friendly and offered a lot of information, the only downside was the amount of policies and paperwork needed to fill in, but other than that it was a very good experience and I would recommend anyone to apply.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do in your spare time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

We negotiated wages, personal details, hours I could work and how I would get to know other staff.

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SPAR (UK) (Belfast, Northern Ireland) in January 2015.

Interview

It was easy, I was told about the job by my friend, so I applied online. I received a letter the next day to go for an interview. I was busy so we rescheduled it until next week, they were desperate to get their hands on me so they agreed. Then I went in and said hi and they immediately stated that as soon as I filled out what hours I was available that I had the job. Simple. They couldn't resist my excellent CV.

Anonymous Employee in Cosford, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SPAR (UK) (Cosford, England) in January 2015.

Interview

Had first very very brief interview at the store that i was to work at. This was just to speak to the manager where he informed me i would have to go to the Head Office in Cosford for my interview. Here i had a 20 minute conversation with the Operations Manager when he told me that i had the job (later became clear that they were understaffed and I was the only applicant so i assume that showing up to the interview was enough to guarantee me the job).

Interview Questions

• What are you doing currently (in terms of education, work etc.)   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.