Find jobs for Customer Service Advisor

SSE Customer Service Advisor Interview Questions

Updated 16 Nov 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 26 of over 156 interviews

Recruitment Agency4%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cumbernauld, Scotland, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SSE (Cumbernauld, Scotland, Scotland) in Jan 2019

Interview

Group tasks, a tour and then a one on one interview which includes a mock phone call task where the interviewer pretends to be a customer making a call.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly standard interview questions based around customer service. The mock phone call part was what I found unexpected and difficult.
    1 Answer
  • Why do you want to work for SSE

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SSE (Reading, England, England) in Nov 2018

Interview

Group interview, individual interview and listening to calls. Panel was nice, all female managers - bit awkward moments. At the end of the interview we been advised when to expect answer which was meant to be Friday (interview was on Thursday ) then apology email was sent as deadline wasn't met, update was rescheduled for Wednesday, which again hasn't happened. I had to chase them up. After that I asked about feedback from the interview and but no acknowledgement.

Interview Questions
  • What was your biggest success and failure in your previous jobs?
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SSE (Dublin, Dublin) in Apr 2018

Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SSE Dublin. 4 stage application. Apply online via their website. First stage is a group interview, want to see how you interact as a team, and communication skills. Second stage is a reading and writing assessment(basic questions, makes sure you can understand English, and simple math). Third is a Face to Face Interview. Fourth stage is then with a role play phone call to end (you are given a script to follow), Also they ask what you would do in certain situations, and to give examples.I got an e-mail after two or three days acknowledging that I was unsuccessful, but at-least I now know what to expect from interviews being conducted this way.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SSE (Plymouth, England, England) in Feb 2018

Interview

Quick and efficient, the staff were friendly and welcoming into the environment. Other staff kept themselves to themselves, good facilities for food and drink and a cafe nearby which was useful

Interview Questions
  • What do you do in you spare time

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, South East England, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SSE (Portsmouth, South East England, England, England) in May 2017

Interview

4 stage application. Apply online via their website (awful, it asks you to add a CV, then asks you to manually fill out the details as well). You then have an online test (basic questions, makes sure you can understand English, and simple maths). You then have a telephone interview,l (they ask what you would do in certain situations, and to give examples). You then have the face to face interviews, which is also split into 4 stages. First stage is a group interview, want to see how you interact as a team, and communication skills. Second stage is a reading and writing assessment. Third is a tour of the building, where the interviewers will ask you questions about what you think so far. Fourth stage is then a one on one interview, with a role play phone call to end (you are given a script to follow)

Interview Questions
  • A customer calls with a complaint, and demands that you call him back in 30 minutes, and hangs up. Straight after this call, you immediately connect to a customer with a query, you know will take an hour to solve. What do you do?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cumbernauld, Scotland, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SSE (Cumbernauld, Scotland, Scotland) in Apr 2017

Interview

I passed the first two stages of the process - my CV was fine and I successfully completed the online assessment. I just had my phone interview yesterday (first time I had ever done one), and while the guy was nice enough, there was a lot of background noise. I got an e-mail around an hour ago acknowledging that I was unsuccessfully, which doesn't really surprise me as there were a lot of questions to be answered in 20 minutes. Overall, I found the phone interview the hardest part of the experience, but at-least I now know what to expect from interviews being conducted this way.

Interview Questions
  • Give a time in your job/college/school that you knew you made a mistake.
  • How would you deal with customers complaining on the phone?
  • What would be the hardest thing for you to pick up and learn at sse?

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at SSE (Cardiff, Wales, Wales) in Feb 2017

Interview

Applied online, had to upload CV and answer competency based questions and a 'why SSE' question. I then had an online test link e-mailed to me which was a psychometric test (i.e rate a statement between 1-5 if you strongly agree, disagree etc) and had to listen to 4 calls and click on 1 of 3 statements that you'd say and click on the relevant tab on the computer programme. After successfully completing that stage you are invited to attend an assessment which is 3 hours. We had to draft an e-mail response to an e-mail enquiry, do a call role play, one to one interview (with competency questions), then finally had to work as a group to help a failing business with a £50k budget- this was quite challenging with regards to everyone wanting to shine so there was a few people trying to talk over eachother, and trying to reach a majority decision. You need to pass a minimum of 3 of the above to be successful. All SSE staff were really down to earth- no egos which was refreshing! It took 3 days from attending the assessment centre to find out if you had been successful or not.

Interview Questions
8 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Cumbernauld, Scotland, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SSE (Cumbernauld, Scotland, Scotland) in Feb 2017

Interview

Applied online in January Interview process took around 6 weeks in total. The interview process was in 4 parts. Supply cv, online assessment, telephone interview, group assessment consisting of group task, literacy test followed by a 1 to 1 interview with a manager. Offer of employment a few days after group assessment.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Cumbernauld, Scotland, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SSE (Cumbernauld, Scotland, Scotland) in Feb 2017

Interview

Sent off CV, then was invited to do an online assessment. Within an hour of completing tris I was invited to take part in a telephone interview. Had that this morning with a lovely recruitment manager from Cardiff, Reehan. After a short 20 minute conversation I was informed I had passed that stage and invited to attend their assessment centre in Cumbernauld for the final stage in the recruitments process, the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at SSE (Coventry, England, England) in Jan 2017

Interview

30mins assessment of spelling check, simple calculations and reply a email to answer customer 's questions about their meter problems and bill is too high, then another 30 mins for interview to explain my related work experience and my understanding of what the good customer service is.

Interview Questions
  • What makes you qualified for this position?
6 people found this interview helpful