STA Travel Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 63 of over 63 interviews

2.4
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at STA Travel

STA Travel

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at STA Travel

Interview

2 people interviewed me and seemed unhappy to do so from the start! Perhaps they had already found a suitable candidate - or maybe I just wasn’t to their liking!

Interview Questions
  • Conduct a presentation on a destination
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at STA Travel (Brisbane)

Interview

Group interview with roughly 10 people, multiple rounds with a group going home at the end of round 1 before one on one with store managers. Questions based around travel and mathematics

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at STA Travel (Glasgow, Scotland) in Jan 2020

Interview

Quick phone screen and then called in for an interview which was face to face at the store. I got called back for a second interview next day. I had to complete a police check and also sit and watch a consultation.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at STA Travel (Sydney) in Sep 2019

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call the next day which turned out to be a 15 minute phone interview which I thought was quite tricky. After this I had an interview with the store manager which lasted around half an hour and I had to fill out a basic geography and maths quiz as well.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time when you had a different point of view to someone and you made them see your point of view.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at STA Travel (Melbourne) in Sep 2019

Interview

Group Interview process they are looking for passionate and resourceful people who they believe to fit with their company profile/culture/ethics. The group stage was great, I did however find the interview section soulless perhaps this was just my luck but those interviewing gave no interaction which was exactly opposite to what the morning was trying to establish.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at STA Travel (Brisbane) in Aug 2019

Interview

Applied a couple of weeks before. I have very limited skills in sales but strong background in customer service. Brief interview over the phone. Followed by a store manager and regional manager Interview. Dressed too formal, be comfortable. They want travellers not office workers.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at STA Travel (London, England) in Jul 2019

Interview

Application: I completed an application online which asked various questions based on my own travel experience. Assessment: assessment day consisted of a couple group tasks. Another task responding to three emails and a one to one interview. Where they said that an hours community was too far. Interview, I didn’t make it to his stage and no others

Interview Questions
  • What’s the funniest thing that has happened to you whilst traveling?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at STA Travel (Manchester, England) in May 2019

Interview

Based in Manchester where their head office is based. Relaxed atmosphere and very friendly team. Interview was over 1 hour where I was asked to give examples of my work skills. They did not pay for my travel expenses though and I had to fly from the south England so very expensive interview.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time you had to prioritise your work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at STA Travel (London, England) in Mar 2019

Interview

A 2 hour group interview in the evening 7.30pm-9.30pm. The group activities involved passing a pen around. A large group discussion about being trapped on an island (this involved all 15 candidates). We were then given a written task to respond to 3 emails. Then we had 10 minute individual interviews at the end. I got the impression that the interviewers were only looking for a particular type of demographic (upper class gap year kids). I have been to more than 30 countries but the interviewer was dismissive of my travel experience. He did not appear to be listening to any of my responses. We were told that there would be a second group assessment for those who were successful. The whole process seemed quite tedious.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at STA Travel (London, England) in Feb 2019

Interview

Very very bad candidate experience. At te start it was good I applied and got a message instantly, I arranged the phone call with the Manager on the same day. The phone call lasted about 30-40 minutes. She then advised that will be in touch to arrange the next stage f2f interviews. At the time I was very interested in the role and company... 2 weeks later i decided to email and ask for the follow up... no reply!!! 2 more weeks later i saw the advert back on... i thought i would apply because as we know things change and yhe person who was recruiting might have left the compny. As soon as I applied the lady from HR Department emailed and asked for the phone interview. I was being honest and explained that i had a phone conversation with the HR director and she never got back, is this the same role or a new one and asked for the clarification.....no reply! Overall bad experience. Even though if its a no good fit for the compny everyone in this worl deserves a feedback. This is a really poor candidate experience and i hope that this feedback will help you to improve! Good luck!

Interview Questions
  • There was no really a structure to a phone conversation. Just a casual chat,
1 person found this interview helpful