STA Travel Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

STA Travel Interview Questions

Interviews at STA Travel

2.4

Travel Expert Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at STA Travel.

Interview

Short phone interview followed by 20 minute in person interview with supervisor and manager. Very laid back. Spent most of interview talking about personal travel experience. Rest of interview was focused on general customer service experience.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at STA Travel (Chandler, AZ (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by face to face, the interview was very casual and comfortable.
    Everyone involved was very friendly, and I was at ease immediately. I would recommend STA, as a potential career.

Interview Questions

• Where's your favorite travel destination   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at STA Travel (Lewisville, TX (US)).

Interview

Very Quick
    Very laidback
    Company knows what they want
    Got a phone call from HR, came in for my 1 on 1 and had an offer letter by the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• Can’t emphasize enough how important it is to ask questions about the company when you go into the interview. When they ask “So, do you have any questions for me?” respond with something thoughtful that will prove your interest in the opportunity.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at STA Travel.

Interview

Straight Forward. Applied Online, and received the call asking for me to come in for a interview shortly there after. Perfect situation for a first job. Great company to learn quality of work.

Interview Questions

• What qualities can you bring to the team?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Group Logistics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at STA Travel (Chandler, AZ (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

I came very overdressed. it was more like a conversation. Most people dress very comfortably. call center vibe. The staff was very friendly. They wanted me to feel very comfortable

Interview Questions

• If you were giving travel advice what would it be?   1 Answer

Brand Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at STA Travel.

Interview

Applied for position in person (turning in resume)
    Got a call for an interview
    Interview- job offer on the spot

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at STA Travel (London, England) in September 2019.

Interview

They contacted me ready for an interview, then disappeared for weeks. So I thought it was over before it had even started. Then they got back in touch and arranged an interview in London, plus an engaging writing task.

The interview was good fun and it was all the standard stuff. They eventually went for someone who had experience with a competitor. If that's a genuine reason, it's a bit tediously corporate. But at least I got decent feedback, although I had to chase them up about it.

I enjoyed the process and they were all very friendly.

My only issue is they could have easily held the one hour interview over Skype. There's a well-documented cost of living crisis in this country and they got me all the way down there at considerable expense for one hour. I mean, really, Skype exists - it was even highlighted during the interview. Worth considering for future candidates as it's thoughtful and respectful gesture if you don't live in London. You go all that way and then got rejected due to a technicality. But ho hum, such is life.

Travel Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at STA Travel (Melbourne (Australia)) in September 2019.

Interview

Group Interview process they are looking for passionate and resourceful people who they believe to fit with their company profile/culture/ethics.
    The group stage was great, I did however find the interview section soulless perhaps this was just my luck but those interviewing gave no interaction which was exactly opposite to what the morning was trying to establish.

Travel Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at STA Travel (Sydney (Australia)) in September 2019.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call the next day which turned out to be a 15 minute phone interview which I thought was quite tricky. After this I had an interview with the store manager which lasted around half an hour and I had to fill out a basic geography and maths quiz as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had a different point of view to someone and you made them see your point of view.   Answer Question

Travel Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at STA Travel (Brisbane (Australia)) in August 2019.

Interview

Applied a couple of weeks before. I have very limited skills in sales but strong background in customer service. Brief interview over the phone. Followed by a store manager and regional manager Interview.

Dressed too formal, be comfortable. They want travellers not office workers.

Interview Questions

• How will you approach a customer once they walked in the door?   Answer Question
    • If you’re going for a holiday where would you like to go?   Answer Question
    • What would be your preferred mode of transport to get around your destination?   Answer Question
    • What do you think does a day look like to a travel expert?   Answer Question
    • Sell me this “blank” destination   1 Answer
    • Have you worked a position focused on reaching sales?   Answer Question
    • Knowledge of other products on offer.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.