Saga Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Saga Group Interview Questions

Updated 15 Mar 2019

2.7

Studio Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saga Group.

Interview

Informal, creative, engaged, reassuring and positive.

I presented my work, answered questions and we spoke all teh things we had in common, as we were all creative people with similar backgrounds.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None.

Contract Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Saga Group (London, England) in February 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview with 3 technical managers talking about all aspects of .net framework. One stage process with a job offer if successful.

Pretty simple process, any decent .net developer should know the answers to most questions.

Job was provided by a recruitment agency, of which about 3 supply the company.

Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Saga Group (London, England) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online via the company website. I was interviewed by one manager for an hour. The manager revealed at the interview that he was interviewing everyone who had applied to the vacancy over the course of two months. What a horrendous waste of time and money for all the candidates that applied for this vacancy. Furthermore this indicates that the manager lacks the ability to accurately assess CVs, otherwise why resort to interviewing everyone. I will not waste my time with this company again.

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folkestone, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Saga Group (Folkestone, England) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was a one day assessment. The day was well organised, I found that the instructions for the day were clear and concise and were well expedited. Any questions that I asked were answered clearly and the day was informative.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this role?   1 Answer

Saga Group Response

9 Jun 2017 – Recruitment Manager

Congratulations on your new role! Thank you for sharing a review. If you need any support or help in the future please get in touch with us - The Saga Recruitment Team.

Trainee Actuary Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saga Group.

Interview

The interview process started with a telephone interview with the hiring manager, then I was invited to an assessment centre. The day was split into three parts: a case study, an interview and a group presentation exercise. There was also opportunity to find out more about the company and ask questions during lunch with employees of the department.

Actuarial Interview

Interview

Applied from university. Attended an assessment centre. Several f2f interviews with the members of the team. Challenging logic question interview and there was also a data analysis face to face interview

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folkestone, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saga Group (Folkestone, England) in December 2015.

Interview

Saga have a HR driven policy of inviting external applicants to 'compete' for positions as part of a measurement/benchmarking framework. At that point HR exit the process meaning that the hiring manager can freely choose who they want, providing that the candidate gets past the 'later on' mandatory screening. This is something to be wary of as an external candidate because no matter how you perform, if the manager has a preferred internal candidate - perhaps a long term colleague or friend - then they will be on a predetermined path no matter how you do, making your interview a perfunctory one.
    The process started for me by meeting a recruitment agency, who told me they were seeing Saga the next day. Almost three weeks went by when I was suddenly invited in for an interview. A couple of days before some online tests were sent in. I feel I aced them but no mention of the scores was ever provided.
    The first online game showed three numbers e.g. 7, 11, 13 and you had to work out which was the furthest number from the middle one. A word game then came up where you had to pair up associated words e.g. fat, chubby, angry or fat, tall, thin. There was also a game with a rotating letter, I think it was the letter F and you had to transpose it in your mind. With three genuine shape rotations and a subtley different non imitator on its side and you pick out the phoney one. Lastly was the behavioural nonsense game where you have a choice of 4 words and have to pick the one that most describes you and the one least. These lists tend to have 4 inappropriate adjectives one time, then 4 possibles another.
    The interview itself was late, then the person who met me bumbled around looking for a room and then said that they were the original hiring manager but a reshuffle had happened and then suddenly a second person appeared and declared themselves to be the new hiring manager/interviewer. I talked to them both for about an hour, but you know as an interviewee when it is perfunctory or there is interest. Almost three weeks went by before the company bothered to notify the agency and then with no feedback other than, surprise, surprise the internal candidate had been successful.

Interview Questions

• Standard run through of CV from beginning to end with questions about certain roles plus the standard 4 to 5 competency questions. These are always about telling a little story to describe a behavioural compliance to the one that is wanted.   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandgate, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Saga Group (Sandgate, England) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied after seeing this vacancy advertised on my university portal. Two days after submitting my application I was contacted by a lady from Recruitment and my phone interview was scheduled in for the following day with her. I was invited to attend a full day interview held at Sandgate and I received full details including another email containing a map of directions from the station from the lady on the Sunday night prior which was a nice touch. The full day interview consisted of two face to face interviews with members of the Pricing team, group task and a test. Although I was unsuccessful, the day has been useful in terms of gaining relevant interview experience and I would reapply.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broadstairs, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Saga Group (Broadstairs, England) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interview/training day around 2 weeks later.

Process consisted of two interviews, along with a teamwork-based group activity.
    The interviews were both conducted face-to-face, with one personality and skills based, and one based on previous experiences.
    This was followed by an hour spent observing a Saga employee during a phone call to a customer.

Advice: Only apply if willing to commit to the job long-term. Saga are more keen to accept applicants who are looking for a career within the company.

Interview Questions

• What have you learned from previous work experience that you will bring to SAGA?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saga Group.

Interview

Initial telephone interview, then interview in person, then split into teams to design a product and sell it to the other team, from there we waited to find out if we would get a further interview in the afternoon

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.