Sagentia Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Sagentia Interview Questions

Interviews at Sagentia

3.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sagentia.

Interview

HR Interview and Technical Interviews
    I went to headquarters for interviews. HR interview was quite straightforward. Technical interviews were relatively difficult and required an open mind.
    Each interview lasted approximately 30 minutes.

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sagentia (Cambridge, England) in December 2017.

Interview

Submitted my application (CV and cover letter) online. Invited to the assessment day 2-3 weeks later where I had an HR interview, numerical and logical reasoning test, technical interview, drawing test, case study review (material was given prior to the assessment centre) and presentation.

Interview Questions

• How does this vacuum pump work? What are the main problems with designs and reasons for its inefficiencies? Suggestions for improvements?   Answer Question

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sagentia (Cambridge, England) in December 2017.

Interview

Here is how the day went:
    - Group icebreaker challenge: This was a simple group challenge. We were a really good team, and I enjoyed this exercise.
    - HR Interview - Standard HR type questions.
    - Case Study Analysis: Prepare well for this, it is quite demanding! You will be sent an example project that Sagentia has worked on beforehand. Read it carefully and prepare your answers.
    - Technical interview: Two engineers brought some components and asked the kind of questions you would expect. "How do you think this works? What do you think could go wrong? What are the obvious challenges in making this work? How would you improve this?" There is no way you can prepare for this exercise. All I would say is, take your time and ask questions. The engineers were very friendly and happy to help.
    - Practical interview: You basically sit down with a senior consultant and talk about technology. For me, it was an enjoyable chat. He wants to find out how interested you are in engineering and technology. Expect general/abstract questions like “what has been the greatest invention since 1950s” or “how does your bike work”
    - Psychometric test: The test was hard, assessing verbal, numerical & dimensional reasoning.

Interview Questions

• Sketch a bicycle. How does the steering mechanism work? What are the forces acting? What happens when you brake?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Interview

The interview was in Cambridge which is their HQ. It consisted of 3 stages. First stage was the interview with a person from HR and all questions were basic competency based. The second and third stages consisted of technical questions. They engaged me in some design questions (designing an amplifier to drive an LED) and control based questions which tested a lot of my analogue skills. The last part of the interview involved looking over circuit schematics and identifying for certain components in the schematic do.

Interview Questions

• Identifying the functionality of certain components on the schematic relevant to the entire design.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sagentia (Cambridge, England).

Interview

Applied via email - CV and cover letter. Hiring process consisted of three interviews - case study, brainteaser and CV interview.

Interview Questions

• How many hospital beds are in the UK?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sagentia (Cambridge, England) in May 2011.

Interview

First contact was through a recruiter.
    Phone interview was confirmed within 48 hours.

The interview was well structured and questions carefully thought out. I had prepared in detail but many of the questions I didn't have relevant material available for, which I guess was intentional. However, it did appear to go well.

The result was communicated to me 2 days later - a no. They rejected two candidates including me for not having the correct experience which turned out to be much more specific than the job description stated. This was a disappointment because my experience was quite clearly laid out on my CV, this is something that could and should have been determined before the interview.

Overall a neutral experience - the interview was well conducted and results given promptly. However I think to be successful any candidate would have had to have done precisely the same job before - which to be fair the interviewer did admit was the case.

Interview Questions

• Describe a bad decision you made and its outcome   1 Answer

Physicist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harston, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sagentia (Harston, England).

Interview

Communication was via a job recruiter. This had downsides, including inefficient communication via an intermediate who, I felt, wasn't motivated sufficiently to get the depth of information I requested. It took just over a month from when I initially applied for the position to attending a face-to-face interview.

The telephone interview was quite straight forward. I was invited for a face-to-face interview with a member of HR and two heads. One of the heads didn't show and the one who did had at most an hour with me. Needless to say this didn't leave a good impression on me given the time and effort needed to get there, take a day off, etc.

HR was pleasant and gave the usual "ask away with any questions you may have" but didn't put her money where her mouth was (more on this later). As for the main interview, it was exclusively technically based. A couple of quite difficult questions surrounding a "client case" type scenario that was well outside of both my technical expertise and experience. Little to no feedback was provided (verbally, facial, body language) so I found it impossible to gauge whether I was on the right track or not. All in all, he didn't seem like a very pleasant personable type - didn't strike me as the kind of person that would be a pleasure to work with.

I asked for feedback via the recruiter. Of course she couldn't care less to waste her time given that I was not invited for another interview. I made contact with the HR person directly - yes, the same one who seemed very pleasant and eager to answer any questions I had. Oddly she didn't have the time for me either. To add another more superficial point - no compensation for travelling was offered. It's not a big deal but I find that the more professional and respectable of companies do offer compensation, and given the rather unimpressive organisation (one interviewer didn't show and the one who did rushed me), it would have been a small token gesture.

All in all I was not impressed with Sagentia and unless desperate would not consider applying to them again.

Physicist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sagentia.

Interview

Was offered an interview and had one weeks notice, which included preparing answers to a case study (oscillating needle used for eye surgery/phacoemulsion)
    First interview was 4 hours of technical interviews, a psychometric test and HR questions.
    Second interview was 2 1/2 hours of technical interviews and a short presentation on a hobby.

Interview Questions

• What techniques could be used to detect benzene?
      What are the sources of noise in an op amp?
      How could the heating of a cold beer bottle be minimised?
      Describe the parts of a cell phone camera.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sagentia (Cambridge, England) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by HR about 4 weeks later and offered a face to face interview. I met four people (SVP, Consultant, VP, HR) in three hours, the interview process was explained clearly as well as the following steps. Standard questions from HR. CV related questions from consultant, Some tough questions from VP and SVP on whether I was a good fit for the position but overall positive experience.Offered tea, coffee and biscuits during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Which trend do you see to be emerging in the pharma world?   Answer Question

Electronics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sagentia (Cambridge, England) in December 2011.

Interview

Sagentia is an excellent company which majors on the technical strength of its employee, However the recruitment process isn't very organise. I applied for this role in November and I got a call from the HR in December asking if I was still interested in the job and I was schedule for a telephone interview for the next day. The interview consist of four competencies based question with an addition four technical question. The recruiters are very polite and grounded in the technical details of your role.

Interview Questions

• The technical question includes

Define an FIR filter?
      What is CMOS?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.