Salesforce Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 10 Jun 2019

3.3

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2010.

Interview

Hiring process took a long time, but overall I thought it was fair and well run.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary, the interviews were straight forward and mostly about the role and my background.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were quick once the offer was given, they were accommodating and fair.

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

Disjointed. unclear whether recruiter or hiring manager was following up.

Interview Questions

bait n switch, and then low ball

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2010.

Interview

6 interviews over 2 months with team and with 2 C-suite execs

Interview Questions

• why I had (some now forgotten) change in plan during my undergraduate years (which had happened 10+ years beforehand)   Answer Question

Negotiation

2-3 rounds of back and forth with both sides meeting in the middle

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty much what I expected based on other Glassdoor summaries and what the recruiter shared with me during the process: An initial phone call with the recruiter, 2 peer phone interviews, an in-person presentation with several people (including the hiring manager) and a final phone interview with an additional VP.

I like the fact that they had such an in-depth process for an applicant because it gives both Salesforce and the applicant plenty of opportunities to see if it's a good fit. I got the impression that not everyone feels as favorable about the process, but it gives an applicant every chance to show how good they are (or aren't). It also gives the Salesforce team several experiences with the people interviewing, which helps solidify if it's a good fit or not.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were referencing the case-study I presented. A few questions on my background, behavioral questions, and why I want to work at Salesforce.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me a great package, but I did negotiate (because I think you always should). While there wasn't a lot of room for change, they did slightly alter it on the second offer - which I accepted. The entire process was professional and well-done.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce in October 2017.

Interview

Very straightforward experience. Recruiter was very communicative and each step in the process was explained. The process was long and consisted of many rounds including a panel interview in front of people from multiple groups.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how your past experience applies to this role. Tell me what inspires you about coming to work for Salesforce.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Screening by an internal recruiter, in person interviews by sales and other colleagues, present a case study in front of a team who each had a fictitious role and asked questions

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Bellevue, WA (US)).

Interview

Everyone in my interview loop appeared to be knowledgeable nice, friendly and love their job. Expect to be ready for several video conference interview as the interviewers were located in a variety of locations.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

The process was extremely smooth. I felt respected and welcomed every step of the way. Four out of my five interviews were virtual, and the fifth was a live panel with several members of various teams. It was an engaging conversation with laughter and transparency. I’d never before walked away from an interview thinking “that was a lot of fun!” like I did after that panel.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to present my strategy for the role to a cross-functional panel based on a prompt provided a week before the interview.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce in April 2018.

Interview

Not including HR, I spoke with a total of 8 different interviewers by phone. I had a very favorable impression of the interviewing group as each interviewer was punctual, sharp, articulate, and willing to provide feedback. Some interviewers assessed job knowledge. Some asked behavioral questions. All of them asked how I expect to adapt to Salesforce which, on a good day, is best described as 'a hurricane'.

The recruiting team is top notch. I spoke to quite a few different recruiting teams during this search and Salesforce's was by far the most accommodating and responsive. They sent plenty of preparation material. Sent interview reminders. And I never had any questions on where I was in the process.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer gave some hypothetical challenging scenarios and asked for my perspective.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

The interview process was intense and very thorough, but enjoyable none the less. The recruiting team was excellent in keeping me in the loop during the whole process and made it very seamless . Stakeholders, team members, peers all interviewed me for the position, and each one of them came prepared with well thought-out questions. Overall, one of the best recruiting experiences I've had in my career.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.