Salesforce Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.2

1. Featured Interview

Solutions Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (London, England) in October 2018.

Interview

Quick and enjoyable. I currently work at Salesforce and applied for a Marketing role to transition out of Pre-sales. The process included Phone screen, 1:1, followed by a panel presentation to 3 people from the Marketing team on a Salesforce solution for Retail.

Interview Questions

• How did you approach this presentation - what was your preparation process?   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Niguel, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Laguna Niguel, CA (US)).

Interview

The process was very time consuming; they were “supportive”. Without going into too much detail, it was a massive process for me and didn’t get the offer; the disappointment is from the hiring manager; as you do your demo they take notes shared with one another and it was troubling to see his smirks and smiles as I was speaking during my demo or answering questions during the demo. I spent too much of my valuable time on this; so keep that in mind as you commit to this process. His lack of eye contact during our 1:1 conversations was the most disturbing aspect; it seemed he didn’t want to hire me and maybe an outside force was forcing him to interview me. It left me with a sour note about ever working for Salesforce.

Interview Questions

• What makes you different than other candidates? Why you?   Answer Question

SRE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Salesforce (Hyderabad (India)) in May 2019.

Interview

This a very long process which includes written test completely based on the platform you are applying for followed by the five 1:1 discussions. And this process will be completed in a single day one after another ~45 to 60 mins of each discussion

Interview Questions

• How to patch the linux server's using multiple ways {Automation}   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2019.

Interview

The interview process started with Technical HR co-ordinator contacting me to explain about the roles and responsibilities.

Later first round was scheduled it was F2F at Bangalore Salesforce office.

Round-1 : Was with one of the top manager/Director and team. It lasted for around 35-40 minutes. Questions were quite tricky and they were checking in all aspects. Communication was noticed much among everything.
    The office ambience was top notch and I was very much impressed and fell in love with the way things were arranged . The best ergonomics were provided to employees. The reception was like a 5-star hotel. Overall round-1 was very satisfactory and the team was very down to earth and caring.

Round-2 :

Fully technical interview with onsite team. Two diginifed members from abroad conducted the interview . They were very nice people ,they made me comfortable first. This round was through Google hangouts.
    The interview lasted for around 1 hour. They checked all technical aspects including coding knowledge. Overall this round was toughest among all . Also there would be some tricky questions be prepared for it.
    Good experience with this round as well.

Round-3:
    This round was with Technical director in US. This round was through Google hangouts and there were lots of questions and it lasted for more than 1 hour. The interview explained all the details very clearly.
    Very much satisfied with this round as well

After few weeks I got call saying that I was shortlisted for the role. Really enjoyed the entire experience.
    All the best !!!

Thanks guys . Will recommend Salesforce with there interview process. They repsect our options and analyse us only based on our skills.

Interview Questions

• why do you think you are suitable for this role?   1 Answer

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

2 phone interviews by hiring manager, 1 in person demo, 7 more phone interviews with team members, other managers and executives. The panel demo was super stressful; I took a week off to prepare for it as I had no experience with Salesforce previously. I don’t think my manager really wanted to hire me but others either droppes out of the process or didn’t do the work to create an amazing demo. On a positive note, the app is super easy to work with and if you have ever been a solution engineer before, you will do fine. It’s a little ridiculous that they make you do it as if you are presenting to a customer, complete with getting into character of an actual customer trying to get something done and objection handling. Be ready to answer very detailed questions about the product. Hopefully mine was a unique case...

Interview Questions

• What unique talent will you bring to the team?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you get an RFP on Friday afternoon that is due on Monday?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Denver, CO (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Had 2 screen calls with recruiters followed by a panel interview with two managers and then a final presentation. Overall great experience and just put in a lot of time researching company and what they stand for and what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Tell me a time you have failed? Why sales? Why do you think you would be the best fit?   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

After a couple of video calls for remote interviews, you are brought in to do an in person presentation. The presentation consists of presenting MuleSoft technology and a demo of said technology on a fictional customer problem.

Interview Questions

• Create a legacy application for a fictional company and then modernize that application using MuleSoft technology. Once that is done, present the solution to the team.   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (Paris (France)) in October 2018.

Interview

I got 3 regular interviews then one business case to work on around 3 weeks with the help of one Salesforce employee and present in front of a board during 1h and after that one last call interview.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

I was interviewed for a different role but was hired as a Principal Engineer. The process was very smooth. I worked with an awesome recruiter who worked with my times as I was traveling.

For the initial role, there were about 6 rounds of interview. SalesForce used that feedback and eventually hired me for a different role.

The interview difficulty is really based on the level you are being hired for.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (London, England) in November 2018.

Interview

The interview took place over a 6 month period, which was a long time but suited me.
    I had attended multiple career webinars in the previous 12 months to get to know Salesforce and the people better before I made my decision to apply for a job. This really helped me to understand more about their Ohana culture, the language they used and also get to know more about the role in some of the presentations I attended. Once I was sure and ready to apply the process was very thorough and explained from the outset. Expectation was set early that this can be quite lengthy and to be patient. I had an initial screening call with the internal recruiter. Throughout the process, the recruiter was a great contact and sounding board. My first f2f interview was at Salesforce Tower in London with one of the managers, after this I was invited for a Panel presentation. The preparation that went into this was very thorough and time-consuming, you have to be 100% committed at this point (which I was!). I was assigned an internal 'buddy' to help me prepare for the demo and presentation. Leveraging this person as well as anyone else you know current or ex-Salesforce is a MUST. They are so helpful in helping you understand the terminology, the vision and the culture. I also used TrailBlazer extensively in preparation (both for personal use in my previous role but also for the presentation prep). Again this is an invaluable resource. For the panel I had to create a demo and presentation to a fictitious company. In preparation for this we had a 'discovery call' with one of the managers who role-played the company. Make sure you treat this as an interview too, this is a time for them to test of soft skills, so be prepared! The panel interview itself was really smooth and around 90 mins long. I had 4 managers attend and they each played a role in the demo playback. Then I had some time to present about myself and answer any questions. I heard back within 20 mins of leaving my panel from the Recruiter that I was invited to the final stage. The final stage was a call with the VP of SEs and was more of a cultural check in.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a successful deal you worked on. How did you contribute value to this? How did you leverage your internal network?   Answer Question

Account Executive, Service Cloud Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Tokyo (Japan)) in December 2018.

Interview

1st Interview with HR manager for 1 hour.
    2nd Interview with Sales Manager & Technical Manager for 1 hour.
    3rd Interview with Regional Vice President & Sales Manager & Technical Manager for 2 hour.

Interview Questions

• What kind of services have you sold?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.