Salesforce Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

5,823 Interview Reviews

3.3

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (London, England) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied through the referral system - I had five interviews including a panel presentation. The process was handled professionally and was thorough. The team were supportive with information that needed to be included in the presentation. Each interviewers approach was different yet at no stage did I feel they were trying to trip me up.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Buenos Aires (Argentina)) in November 2019.

Interview

Se trataron de varias entrevistas:
    - Una entrevista con alguien de RRHH telefónicamente, mitad en inglés y mitad en español
    - Una entrevista telefónica con el manager
    - Un ejercicio de HackerRank para realizar en dos horas
    - Defensa presencial del ejercicio y algunos problemas de lógica en pizarrón
    - Entrevista presencial con el manager

Interview Questions

• Menciona una situacion puntual donde hayas hecho de facilitador para el equipo   Answer Question

Success Agent Tier II Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Salesforce (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

Happy with the interview process and very transparent.
    Happy to be part of the interview with salesforce. They are very professional and clear with questions on what they what.
    Communication round is good to understand candidates communication , confidence and other abilities.

Interview Questions

• Community setup and provide demo   1 Answer

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with the recruiter then was moved to an interview with the hiring manager then on to a couple of people that I would be working with. All interviews were either phone or video and easy to attend.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my approach to being a Scrum Master in an environment that is not traditionally agile.   1 Answer
    • Why I want to join Salesforce   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I started my interview process talking to 4 teams however communication was very smooth as I spoke primarily with 1 recruiter at this point. After the initial phone call with the recruiter I moved on with 3 of the teams that most interested me.

I asked questions about the specifics of each team from my recruiter and all questions were answered extremely well.

The process moved fairly quickly early on. Each screen with the recruiter + hiring manager was scheduled quickly. Feedback was provided back really quickly too.

After this stage the process slowed down a tiny bit mostly because of my schedule of interviews with other companies. I was given one three hour take home that could be used to advance to the on-site round for all of the teams. I completed the take home over the weekend. I received feedback fairly quickly that all the managers wanted to move forward to the on-site round.

At this point I was instructed to select 2 teams to do the on-site with. The recruiting team was very helpful in deciding.

Scheduling the onsite was the next step. The recruiter offered various options to fit my schedule and eventually we scheduled both on-sites on the same day a week out. I had some scheduling conflicts and personal emergencies so we re-scheduled it once.

The onsite was a very pleasant experience but also tiring. In the morning 3 back to back interviews with one team + lunch with the manager of team 1, and in the afternoon 4 back to back interviews for the other team. One thing that caught me off guard was that I was told the onsite would not be technical because I had already done the remote take home and that any questions of this nature would be about my take home. At first this was surprising to me but I decided it did not matter because I was interviewing at other companies as well so either way I was prepping for onsites. When onsite for Salesforce however every single interviewer was technical and no one talked to me about the take home exercise.

I told the first couple of interviewers that I was told there would be no technical questions but they seemed confused when I told them this. One interviewer said something like "This is for a software engineer position so ...why wouldn't I ask you technical questions" and my bringing this up seemed to create a bad impression of me. After this I did not communicate this mismatch in expectation with other interviewers for the rest of the day. Regardless, each interviewer was friendly and easy to talk to and really smart.

After the onsite feedback was delivered back very quickly. One team rejected me (the one from the morning) and the other team wanted to move forward to offer stage.

Moving forward with this team we negotiated several aspects of the offer. It seems that there would not have been too much room for negotiation if I had not had another offer from a different company. Communication was very open and crystal clear for this part.

After this the recruiter worked really hard with the hiring manager and other execs to get a new offer numbers approved. The offer was then sent out and I was given 5 days to respond.

Throughout the entire interview process I felt heavily supported by my recruiter and it was a pleasure meeting so many amazingly talented individuals.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter screen: general fit questions and talking about various opportunities. Recruiter genuinely interested in understand what excites you as a candidate and if the team would be a good fit.

Manager screen; Some high level technical questions about Java fundamentals, database fundamentals, and architecture.

Take home: Time take home administered through HackerRank. 3 hours to complete a functional program with 4 key features. Focus was heavy on data structure + algorithm.

Onsites: Each team had 4 interviews so 8 total. One of them was lunch with a hiring manager. The onsite consisted of a mixture of technical and behavior questions. Some straightforward Java fundamentals, some distributed system general high level questions, one leetcode medium to hard seeming difficulty question involving recursion/backtracking concepts, and then some more leetcode medium questions I don't remember too well. Other interviews focused a little bit of front end and a little bit of SQL basics.   Answer Question

Senior Manager, Solution Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Tokyo (Japan)) in October 2019.

Interview

I had four interviews including two presentations. The first one was for technical and management skill screening, the second one was was for my past experiences as SE and manager, the third one was for a presentation of team building and prodcut understanding, and the fourth one was for management skills.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing as a manager?   1 Answer

Technical Support Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Tokyo (Japan)) in September 2019.

Interview

Had 3 interviews with direct manager, technical staff, VP and +1 interview with local manager for Japanese language check. Recruiting staff was very helpful and informative during the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Questions to measure the general understanding level of application system usage and data analysis.   Answer Question
    • General SQL query questions in a database with multiple related tables.   Answer Question
    • Questions to explain the logic/purpose of written script code (in preferred language).   Answer Question

Director, Strategic Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rohnert Park, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Salesforce (Rohnert Park, CA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Positive experience from start to finish. The Recruiter kept me informed and energized. Interviewers were consistent and represented the company well. Messaging and on the day logistics were very clear.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of a conflict at work and how you managed it.   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2019.

Interview

I applied through employee referral the process took roughly one month and half . The interview process was quiet challenging started with a screening interview with recuiter and then phone interview with hiring manager followed by face to face 90 minutes interview with hiring manager and two other interviews with senior management and the team . After the interview rounds I was given a case study on which I worked for two weeks and presented to a panel . The most amazing thing about the whole process was the transparency of it and the spirit . They dont try to trick you rather they set you up for success and they were very nice during the whole process . Hiring manager was very helpful during dry runs gave me onstructive feedback and was very accessible as well via email or phone . The whole process was a amazing and challenging exprience .

BDR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

The best interview experience I've had! It became quite clear that Salesforce cares about its employees and their future employees and takes pride in their interview process. Great communication and setting of expectations every step of the way.

Interview Questions

• Explain a scenario in your personal or professional experience where you had to work hard to overcome fears and how did that affect you?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.