Salesforce Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Salesforce

5,817 Interview Reviews

3.3

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bayonne, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Bayonne, NJ (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

2 interviews and a panel presentation normally. I did extra interviews as the team decided they wanted me for a different role than I applied. Important to fit into the culture.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

Highly efficient: Initial call with internal recruiter > phone interview with hiring mgr > two internal presentations to panel of management and co-worker team > discuss offer > acceptance. Everyone involved from Salesforce very enthusiastic, encouraging and responsive. Consistently reflecting a collaborative and transparent company culture.

Interview Questions

• Verify past experience. Discuss applicability for the new role   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Suppose that you roll a dice. For each roll, you are paid the face value. If a roll gives 4,5 or 6, you can roll the dice again. If you get 1, 2 or 3, the game stops. What is the expected payoff of this game?   1 Answer

Lead Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Thorough but professional. (No strange questions like "If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?") There were phone interviews and in-person interviews, as well as a written questionnaire. All normal questions like how I get information, work with others, etc. I also had a good opportunity to learn about the position and the company.

Interview Questions

• Outline the process you use to create content for a new or unfamiliar product or feature.   Answer Question

Lead UI Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

Interview process was slightly delayed by the holiday (a great perk of Salesforce, they give 2 full weeks off over Christmas and New Year's), but once things moved forward I found the process wonderful. The take-home code assignment was better than most I've had to do for interviews, since it was building a real application and the example project closely mirrors their working stack, which I found valuable in assessing my level of interest in the product I would be building.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between "context", "state", and "props".   1 Answer

Lead User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

HR Phone Screen>One hour interview with member of team>half hour interviews with other members of team and hiring manager>offer

Because of the holidays, scheduling took a little while longer. The entire process was over about 8 weeks. I found the interview process to be well managed, and all of the people I interviewed with were wonderful. There was no ego in anyone I met, and everyone seemed truly happy to be where they were.

The questions I was asked were very normal for this level and type of position for someone with my background. I got all of my questions answered as well. When it came time for an offer, the process was also very straightforward. I chose not to negotiate as the offer was exactly what I was hoping for. I'm super excited to be joining the team at Salesforce.

Leadership Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Very well-planned and thought out; had the opportunity to meet with all the pertinent team members ; I did a great job telling me about the role, responsibilities, company culture etc.

Lead IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2010.

Interview

I do not want to share it as i have signed a non dis closer document with the company. I will not be able to share it online as they say it is going to impact the business but i can take a risk of doing the sharing of the interview process with online.

Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

I was referred to by the hiring manager who I have worked with in the past. Initial round included a hacker rank problem and a subsequent phone conversation with a lead engineer. On-site interview lasted about 5 hours with questions ranging from system design and coding challenges.

Interview Questions

• Mainly how real time stream processing in scale is done based on my experience?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in February 2019.

Interview

My interview process with Salesforce.org consisted of the following stages:
    1. Initial phone screening with the recruiter
    2. Video call with one of the hiring managers
    3. Remote Programming Test
    4. 3 panel interviews consisting of 2 interviewers each conducted via video call
    5. Final interview with a SFDO VP

Interview Questions

• Generally speaking, the interview questions were intended to assess cultural fit, personality, motivation, and technical knowledge / experience.

Every individual with whom I spoke seemed genuine and driven by the mission of SFDO. Even the technical interviews played out more like conversations than the typical correct / incorrect Q&A cycle. While it was apparent that technical ability was being assessed, it never felt like an interrogation. I personally appreciated the style.   Answer Question