Salesforce Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Salesforce Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

5,033 Interview Reviews

3.2

Interview

The best interview process I have ever had. The recruiters were very responsive and the interviewers were great. First I had a phone screen with one of the directors followed by a remote programming test which was very interesting to solve. This was followed by four onsite interviews which included programming and questions on past experience and some questions on testing.

Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Contacted by the recruiter- process was pretty straightforward. Had phone interview with recruiter and hiring manager first, and then had several rounds of in person interviews. The HR were very professional and communicated effectively during the entire process.

Interview Questions

• I don't think there was a difficult question as long as you prepare and you have done your homework   Answer Question

Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

45 minute manager interview
    2 hour programming test
    on-site interview with 5 people.

The on-site interview was a joke. Only one on-site interview involved whiteboard. And that whiteboard interview - the interviewer was full of ego and was doing most of the talking instead of allowing me to answer. That interviewer was formulating the questions 10 different ways and did not have clarity on what to expect from me. I felt that interview was more about trying to guess what the interviewer wants to hear rather than the technical issues at hand. I provided this feedback to the recruiter, not sure if there will be any change.

Overall, from my experience, the quality of engineers in salesforce.com is not at par with other companies in bay area like google, facebook, apple. But most of the people who come here are from IT background like Oracle, PeopleSoft, SAP, etc.
    If you are from a good R&D organization, when you interview with them, you should get down to their level and have a conversation in their terms. If you are able to do that and come out satisfied from the interviews, then may be you will like Salesforce.

Technically, if you solved the simple ( linked list, strings, sorting ) problems should get you in easily through the programming tests.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult for me. The difficult level is low when compared with other tech companies in bay area.
      Questions were reverse string, substring, indexof, map interface.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

Database fundamentals, Java and JVM questions

Interview Questions

• Read about Multi tenancy architecture and you will be fine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2008.

Interview

1.Technical screening (phone)
    2.Technical Test (@home)
    3.On-site interview (5-6 people from the team including hiring manager will take interview)

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

Contacted via a internal contact. Phone screen with Hiring manger on basic interview and technical questions followed by a two hour programming test. Passed with flying colors and was invited to San Francisco to interview with 10+ people. Some interviewers were in town, some were remote so we had conference calls. Overall, it was your typical tech interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Met my expectations so did not negotiate..

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2010.

Interview

Phone screen, on-site interview, programming test then offer.

Interview Questions

• It depends on who you're interviewing with. For me there's nothing really difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The recruiter low-balled me quite a bit, actually she began with an unreasonable base salary. I had to negotiate pretty hard. Even then I didn't get what I was expecting.

Lead Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

Process was fast and pleasant, conducted in days. A practical, technical exam focused on networking is administered at the beginning of an in person interview - 10 questions, about 45 minutes, easy for any experienced engineer. Everything else is fluff and cultural fit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I replied with the requirement for additional incentives.

Lead Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Two - three phone screens, one day long interview. Some of the people you'll be interviewing with are some of the brightest from carrier, service provider and content, so at senior level+, I'd say be ready for anything. This was the most nervous I'd ever been for an interview, vomited violently the night before my flight and was unable to get any sleep, which at the time I felt crippled me for the interview. But look, everything happens for its reasons (the trick is they're all self generated), and I just wasn't ready for that level of validation.

Most of the material on the phone screens was standard, but you were allowed to couch the portrayal in generalities - understanding of forwarding behavior and mechanics was essential, everything was close to platform neutral. I did find that when I was struggling, some of the coaching started to coalesce around specific platforms, but no biggie. Some of it approached deep, be prepared to unpack transport layer behavior in relation to applications + time + distance.

The recruiter mentioned they would be changing the interview process to multi-day, which will make it more difficult on the candidate logistically, however, future candidates will find metabolizing what they're feeding much easier. It will allow you to hit the design portion of the interview much much easier. Didn't have the "ah-ha!" moment until I had gotten to sleep.

Interview Questions

• Describe the way information flows through router hardware (looking for tcam to cam, distributed vs centralized forwarding)   1 Answer

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2011.

Interview

The recruiter was highly motivated and chased me. However, I was never given a job description (imagine applying for who knows what) and even up to the end, I have no idea what job I applied for. I was told I was not "technical" enough. This, after they asked me exactly 0 questions of any sort of technical nature. It's possible that I wasn't family with the specific technologies they were using and they ascertained this from my resume, although who knows, since they didn't ask? I might have actually known about the tools they were using if they'd dug a bit.