Salesforce Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Salesforce Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.4

Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me. I had an online code test. Then, I had a call set up with a member of the team. I interviewed onsite in San Francisco in January 2020.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Salesforce (Portland, OR (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Interviewed for an Engineering Lead position on the Trailhead team. Each touchpoint was fairly seamless and everyone was easy to talk to. Salesforce is a great company and I appreciate how much thought they put into the interview process.

The interview process was pretty straightforward in that I met with a few folks on team fit and my technical ability. The technical portion was a mixture of Q&A and some light code work.

Appreciated my recruiter Clarice because it's nice to send in any question I have and get a thoughtful response. She also kept me in the loop throughout the entire process and I appreciate that because getting useful updates throughout the whole process is a nice touch.

Interview Questions

• What would I do to test the integration of multiple services.   1 Answer

Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce in November 2019.

Interview

I was referred by a friend. Everything was moving very fast. (I was actually asking them to slow down since I wanted to align all my interviews together.) The recruiter was very nice and always available. She was also keeping me posted on the progress. First I had a conversation with the manager. Then online test. Honestly, I didn't like the online test but it was not too complicated. The onsite interview was rather pleasant. Interviewers were super nice and the questions were relevant and not too difficult. Then they gave me a generous offer which I've accepted.

Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in September 2019.

Interview

It consisted of a screening interview, then a tech challenge, then 2 tech interviews of the phone and then a day of interviewing onsite. Everyone was very courteous and professional.

Interview Questions

• A variety of Javascript and Java and OO questions and also a few architecture questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

This interview states location of San Francisco but all of my interactions were via Google Hangouts as this was a remote position. I first met with the hiring manager. This first meeting was mainly an initial screen. I was then scheduled to speak with several members of the team (CTO, Architect, SMTS, LMTS, etc.) over the next 5-7 days for 45 minutes each. After completing all of these sessions I was presented with an offer the following business day. The last session was on a Friday afternoon and I had an offer on Monday.

Post-offer communication is top notch. Expectations are set at all points in the process and there is always someone to call or email if there are any questions or concerns.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all related to explaining my current role and prior projects I have worked on that are relevant to this position.   1 Answer

Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Burlington, MA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. The first step was a phone interview, followed by an online test. Pretty easy test with enough time to finish and review my code.
    The onsite interview was very pleasant. The engineers that interviewed me were very kind.
    I received an offer within a few days after the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions about the Java language.
      Some design questions.
      A couple of coding (algorithm) questions.   Answer Question

Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in February 2019.

Interview

My interview process with Salesforce.org consisted of the following stages:
    1. Initial phone screening with the recruiter
    2. Video call with one of the hiring managers
    3. Remote Programming Test
    4. 3 panel interviews consisting of 2 interviewers each conducted via video call
    5. Final interview with a SFDO VP

Interview Questions

• Generally speaking, the interview questions were intended to assess cultural fit, personality, motivation, and technical knowledge / experience.

Every individual with whom I spoke seemed genuine and driven by the mission of SFDO. Even the technical interviews played out more like conversations than the typical correct / incorrect Q&A cycle. While it was apparent that technical ability was being assessed, it never felt like an interrogation. I personally appreciated the style.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

I was referred to by the hiring manager who I have worked with in the past. Initial round included a hacker rank problem and a subsequent phone conversation with a lead engineer. On-site interview lasted about 5 hours with questions ranging from system design and coding challenges.

Interview Questions

• Mainly how real time stream processing in scale is done based on my experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very well organized and the interview coordinator were in constant contact throughout the process of booking my flights, hotel and getting to the interview. After the interview they made an informal offer the next day and a formal offer letter a few days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was asked my current salary and hike I expected and they matched it.

Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Bellevue, WA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview starts with a one-hour phone interview with the hiring manager. After it passed, a 24-hour remote programming came. Afterward, it is a whole day onsite with 5 rounds, some are hangouts with remote engineers, and others are the local interviewers.

Interview Questions

• One design question is about design a chess game.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.