Salesforce Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Salesforce Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.4

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very well organized and the interview coordinator were in constant contact throughout the process of booking my flights, hotel and getting to the interview. After the interview they made an informal offer the next day and a formal offer letter a few days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was asked my current salary and hike I expected and they matched it.

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Overall the experience was great. Everyone on the team was very nice and seemed generally smart.

I had one interview that was a little at odds with the type of interview one would generally expect for this role, but it was constructive nonetheless.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Make it easy on yourself and get a competing offer

Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Bellevue, WA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview starts with a one-hour phone interview with the hiring manager. After it passed, a 24-hour remote programming came. Afterward, it is a whole day onsite with 5 rounds, some are hangouts with remote engineers, and others are the local interviewers.

Interview Questions

• One design question is about design a chess game.   1 Answer

Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

The position I interviewed for was C++ specific, although the job will require some iOS, Android and Windows specific stuff as well.

Interview over the phone first. Very friendly and nice chat, no technical questions during that.

Second part was programming test. I spent several hours implementing a C++ program that did a lot of things with data structures, JSON, threading, etc. They liked this enough to fly me out to San Francisco.

Third part of the interview was a day long process where I met with several managers and teams where I chatted and answered multiple technical questions and did a few basic coding exercises. They liked me well enough to offer me the job :)

Interview Questions

• Differences between std::vector vs std::list   1 Answer

Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Mateo, CA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview was the standard software engineer interview. Recruiters don't follow up. I reached out to see if there was any feedback after a week. Recruiter said he was still gathering the feedback from the team and that he would get back to me later the same day. Well...that was over 2 weeks ago and still no response. It's pretty lame and reflects poorly on the company. I wouldn't want to work for such an unresponsive company.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

The first round was more of an intro where I was called to know my projects, likings, skills, position details and some selling by the interviewer. Later I went through a Remote Programming Test. Then I was called for onsite interview. On this day, I went through various rounds which involved test strategy, problem solving and coding and some designing.

Interview Questions

• 1. How would I test a yahoo messenger?
      2. Write code for showing use of singleton pattern?
      3. Write a program to implement a binary search tree.   Answer Question

Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview

Interview

The best interview process I have ever had. The recruiters were very responsive and the interviewers were great. First I had a phone screen with one of the directors followed by a remote programming test which was very interesting to solve. This was followed by four onsite interviews which included programming and questions on past experience and some questions on testing.

Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Contacted by the recruiter- process was pretty straightforward. Had phone interview with recruiter and hiring manager first, and then had several rounds of in person interviews. The HR were very professional and communicated effectively during the entire process.

Interview Questions

• I don't think there was a difficult question as long as you prepare and you have done your homework   Answer Question

Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

45 minute manager interview
    2 hour programming test
    on-site interview with 5 people.

The on-site interview was a joke. Only one on-site interview involved whiteboard. And that whiteboard interview - the interviewer was full of ego and was doing most of the talking instead of allowing me to answer. That interviewer was formulating the questions 10 different ways and did not have clarity on what to expect from me. I felt that interview was more about trying to guess what the interviewer wants to hear rather than the technical issues at hand. I provided this feedback to the recruiter, not sure if there will be any change.

Overall, from my experience, the quality of engineers in salesforce.com is not at par with other companies in bay area like google, facebook, apple. But most of the people who come here are from IT background like Oracle, PeopleSoft, SAP, etc.
    If you are from a good R&D organization, when you interview with them, you should get down to their level and have a conversation in their terms. If you are able to do that and come out satisfied from the interviews, then may be you will like Salesforce.

Technically, if you solved the simple ( linked list, strings, sorting ) problems should get you in easily through the programming tests.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult for me. The difficult level is low when compared with other tech companies in bay area.
      Questions were reverse string, substring, indexof, map interface.   Answer Question

Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

Database fundamentals, Java and JVM questions

Interview Questions

• Read about Multi tenancy architecture and you will be fine.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.