Salesforce Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Salesforce Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.4

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

I was referred to by the hiring manager who I have worked with in the past. Initial round included a hacker rank problem and a subsequent phone conversation with a lead engineer. On-site interview lasted about 5 hours with questions ranging from system design and coding challenges.

Interview Questions

• Mainly how real time stream processing in scale is done based on my experience?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in February 2019.

Interview

My interview process with Salesforce.org consisted of the following stages:
    1. Initial phone screening with the recruiter
    2. Video call with one of the hiring managers
    3. Remote Programming Test
    4. 3 panel interviews consisting of 2 interviewers each conducted via video call
    5. Final interview with a SFDO VP

Interview Questions

• Generally speaking, the interview questions were intended to assess cultural fit, personality, motivation, and technical knowledge / experience.

Every individual with whom I spoke seemed genuine and driven by the mission of SFDO. Even the technical interviews played out more like conversations than the typical correct / incorrect Q&A cycle. While it was apparent that technical ability was being assessed, it never felt like an interrogation. I personally appreciated the style.   Answer Question

Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Burlington, MA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. The first step was a phone interview, followed by an online test. Pretty easy test with enough time to finish and review my code.
    The onsite interview was very pleasant. The engineers that interviewed me were very kind.
    I received an offer within a few days after the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions about the Java language.
      Some design questions.
      A couple of coding (algorithm) questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very well organized and the interview coordinator were in constant contact throughout the process of booking my flights, hotel and getting to the interview. After the interview they made an informal offer the next day and a formal offer letter a few days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was asked my current salary and hike I expected and they matched it.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2008.

Interview

1.Technical screening (phone)
    2.Technical Test (@home)
    3.On-site interview (5-6 people from the team including hiring manager will take interview)

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2010.

Interview

Phone screen, on-site interview, programming test then offer.

Interview Questions

• It depends on who you're interviewing with. For me there's nothing really difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The recruiter low-balled me quite a bit, actually she began with an unreasonable base salary. I had to negotiate pretty hard. Even then I didn't get what I was expecting.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

Contacted via a internal contact. Phone screen with Hiring manger on basic interview and technical questions followed by a two hour programming test. Passed with flying colors and was invited to San Francisco to interview with 10+ people. Some interviewers were in town, some were remote so we had conference calls. Overall, it was your typical tech interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Met my expectations so did not negotiate..

Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview

Interview

The best interview process I have ever had. The recruiters were very responsive and the interviewers were great. First I had a phone screen with one of the directors followed by a remote programming test which was very interesting to solve. This was followed by four onsite interviews which included programming and questions on past experience and some questions on testing.

Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Contacted by the recruiter- process was pretty straightforward. Had phone interview with recruiter and hiring manager first, and then had several rounds of in person interviews. The HR were very professional and communicated effectively during the entire process.

Interview Questions

• I don't think there was a difficult question as long as you prepare and you have done your homework   Answer Question

Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

45 minute manager interview
    2 hour programming test
    on-site interview with 5 people.

The on-site interview was a joke. Only one on-site interview involved whiteboard. And that whiteboard interview - the interviewer was full of ego and was doing most of the talking instead of allowing me to answer. That interviewer was formulating the questions 10 different ways and did not have clarity on what to expect from me. I felt that interview was more about trying to guess what the interviewer wants to hear rather than the technical issues at hand. I provided this feedback to the recruiter, not sure if there will be any change.

Overall, from my experience, the quality of engineers in salesforce.com is not at par with other companies in bay area like google, facebook, apple. But most of the people who come here are from IT background like Oracle, PeopleSoft, SAP, etc.
    If you are from a good R&D organization, when you interview with them, you should get down to their level and have a conversation in their terms. If you are able to do that and come out satisfied from the interviews, then may be you will like Salesforce.

Technically, if you solved the simple ( linked list, strings, sorting ) problems should get you in easily through the programming tests.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult for me. The difficult level is low when compared with other tech companies in bay area.
      Questions were reverse string, substring, indexof, map interface.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.