Salesforce Lead Solutions Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Salesforce Lead Solutions Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.6

Lead Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

I worked through a referral, and then eventually through a recruiter. Total process took a little over a month from start to finish. Met with my referral first, then email introduction to the Director of the product group. Face to face coffee with the director, follow up phone conversation with the Sr. Director of the same product group, and then the presentation/demo to a group of managers/directors/sr. directors.

For my presentation/demo I was given access to a demo environment, tasked with learning the product, and preparing a formal presentation/demo based on a specific business case. In total I spent between 14-16 hours prepping for the interview including the work within the demo, understanding the value proposition of the product, putting the presentation together, and then practicing.

The amazing part of the process was that I was given an actual employee within the product group to work with throughout my prep time. So I was able to present to that person, get feedback, and make adjustments to my overall pitch prior to presenting to the larger group. This was invaluable and really showed a commitment to me having a successful interview.

It was time consuming, but totally worth it, and couldn't be more excited to be joining the company.

Interview Questions

• After the presentation/demo, very standard questions like what motivates me? Why Salesforce? Why Now? etc...   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Lead Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

I was involved in three or four sales interviews and three or four sales engineering interviews, wrapping up with a board presentation. The board presentation was in-person onsite and is a simulation of an actual customer presentation with each salesforce employee playing a customer role. You are provided with a case study and are expected to present a presentation and a demonstration of the Salesforce product.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the artifacts you've left behind as a Sales Engineer?   1 Answer

Lead Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward. An initial conversation with the recruiter which was rather short since I was referred by an internal employee. Then an interview with the hiring manager, and his Director. After that, I was assigned a mentor to prepare for an in-person panel interview. The panel interview has two parts. First, you present a solution that you're very familiar with. During the second half, you present the platform based on a scenario of your choosing.

Overall, a very positive experience as you are encouraged to ask as many questions as you can think of. They want to make sure that it will be as good of a fit to the Ohana for you as it will be for them.

Interview Questions

• Various from testing business and technical acumen, to personality questions, to figuring out what makes you tick.   Answer Question

Lead Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Irvine, CA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Fastest interview process I've experienced. From first contact to offer was about a month and a week and would've been shorter if availability on my end was better. A total of 4 phone interviews and a panel presentation. The recruiting department was amazing. They were very responsive even during off hours, very knowledgable, and even checked in leading up to the panel presentation. The phone interviews were a good with a few hard questions. The panel presentation I would say was by far the hardest of the interview and the hardest I've had in my career. The objections I got during presentation were challenging and put me to the test.

Interview Questions

• During the panel presentation in which I was presenting to a C level buyer, I was asked why their company should partner with Salesforce in the context of partnering with an organization that provides more than just a product/solution/service to meet their functional needs.   Answer Question

Lead Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. The initial conversation was with the manager of the SE group that I was referred to apply for before engaging the recruiter. The recruiter was great and took time to explain the process. This expectation setting was important as the next few weeks would be pretty fast moving. After the recruiter screen, I was set for a manager and two peer interviews. The key to these interviews was doing some homework on the company prior.

The last step is a panel presentation onsite in one of the Salesforce offices. The panel consist of peers, direct manager, and others. My panel team included an Account Executive that I would work directly with and managers of other SE teams. This is the hardest step in the process and the team really went out of their way to help me understand the expectations. During the presentation, they ask hard questions and the clock is not your friend. My assumption is that they were looking to see how you think on your feet when you have to deviate from the script. I enjoyed the format and it was as close to real life that I have seen in an interview process for a pre-sales role.

The Salesforce YouTube channel is the single best resource for getting a feel for how Salesforce communicates and what is important for them in the market.

Interview Questions

• How do you drive innovation in an industry that is currently lagging?   Answer Question

Lead Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (Boston, MA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Salesforce is very serious about recruiting people that they believe will help their company grow. They also seem to have the luxury of having a large applicant pool of candidates. I guess that makes sense when you are on Forbes's list of Best Places to Work.

For me, getting an offer at Salesforce was one of the hardest things I've done, and took a long time (about a year after applying 3 different times). If you are applying for a non-entry level job, they want to see familiarity and experience with the business/ platform/technologies and ecosystem that they have. This really isn't something you can study for a few weeks, and "fake it till you make it" (I tried that the first time). There are concrete things they look for like certifications, experience in implementing Salesforce solutions, working as an ISV parnter, etc.

By the third time I applied to Salesforce (when I eventually received an offer), I had gotten certified as an Admin, Built an app on the AppExchange, and gone to many of the Customer events (DF, World Tours, Base Camp, etc). Being an active member of the Salesforce community (a Trailblazer!) over the past year as a customer/partner is really what helped me demonstrate how dedicated I was to the Salesforce vision, and made me stand out.

The logistics of the interviews were pretty straight-forward:
    1. Interview with a phone screener (if your application was received by recruiter and not a referral to a hiring manager): Here they just want to check the boxes that you sound capable and have a background that aligns with the job description.
    2. Interview with the Hiring manager: Here they want to to really understand your background and if you could be a good fit for the team.
    3. Various Interviews with team members/managers: I think this is about the hiring manager getting some re-enforcement from their team that he/she thinks that you are a good candidate.
    4. Panel: This is the big show, and where the real decision is made. They want to see you demonstrate your abilities (often revolving around topics/concepts that may not be too familiar to you). For me, as a Solution engineer, I had to "pitch" a Service Cloud solution to a mock company. In the room were various mock stakeholders from the business, and I needed to make sure I addressed each of their concerns. Also, the people I was pitching to knew 1000x more about the topics I was presenting than I did. Talk about a humbling experience.

Something really interesting (that I have never seen before) was that the hiring manager offered to do a "dry run" with me in prep for the panel. That, to me was very telling of the culture at Salesforce: They truly are all about trying to make people successful. It's in their blood, their culture, their secret sauce.

After that long process, I couldn't be happier to join the #Ohana.

Interview Questions

• Nobody is the best at everything. What in your opinion, would you view as your weakness? What have you done specifically in the past to address it?   Answer Question

Lead Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Several conversation cycles starting with HR recruiters, then on to the hiring manager, that persons director and then a peer or two and other related roles. Once you clear people, there is an in person panel interview where you give a presentation.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a story from personal experience that would allow you to demonstrate the value of product x (product line I would be working with)?   1 Answer

Lead Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

There is an initial screening that takes place with the manager and potential peers. If that is passed, then a 'panel' is the final step. This is where a candidate needs to present a sales deck and a product demo in 30 minutes. This is done at the Salesforce office with several people in the room. The candidate must demonstrate executive presence, time management, technical knowledge and understanding of solution sales.

Interview Questions

• What is something that your sales reps would say that you need to improve?   Answer Question

Lead Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Very lengthy process, with a lot of different Calls, Meetings, and final panel presentation. The in-person panel was very good, learned even more about Salesforce from a product perspective. The conversations with the various team members was very good, was able to learn much about the team the Ohana culture at Salesforce.com Overall despite being somewhat lengthy, was a very good interview process. HR did a great job of communication throughout the whole process.

Lead Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Salesforce in April 2018.

Interview

My process was enjoyable from start to finish. The recruiting team was consistently in contact with clear next steps. Every member of the hiring team was pleasant and made me feel comfortable during our discussions. In my opinion, the panel presentation part was the most fun! Overall I had an amazing experience and decided to accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why Salesforce?
      What are your thoughts on...?
      Tell me about you.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.