Salesforce Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Salesforce Sales Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.1

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2010.

Interview

The phone interview was not difficult but the recruiter was timid, quiet, and seemed uninterested in my well prepared, enthusiastic, and candid responses. I would have appreciated a better recruiter or at least one who took pride in her job. I had much better experiences interviewing with other tech companies.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous experience.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL (US)) in April 2008.

Interview

Multiple face to face interviews. Once whittled down to one of the 2-3 final candidates you are flown to San Francisco for interviews with senior management. Very intense interview process.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a recent $500k+ CRM sale that you had   1 Answer

Negotiation

Stock and/or options no longer given on hire. Can negotiate a forgivable draw for the first 3-6 months.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

Salesforce had, (at least at the time I interviewed in 2010) what was apparently one of the most rigid and difficult interview processes around.

After what I recall being 2 or 3 different telephone interviews, I was asked in for an in-person interview that involved meeting with 4 different, one-on-one, nonstop over the course of two hours. The first two were sales managers, while the last two were sales people in roles similar to the one for which I was applying.

Interview Questions

• They asked one of the more common interview questions, which was how I deal with conflict.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Jose, CA (US)) in May 2010.

Interview

Good commiunication from the initial interview setting. Nice area for the interview. Polite interviewers. Knew their product and wanted to see if I was able to undestand the value proposition.

The group panel was a little intimidatign but I think they mean it that way. A bit of role playing and I believe that i was able to turn my concerns around.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

Candidate is put through multiple levels of interviews, reference checks and panel discussions.Company culture fit is very important along with a well rounded professional and social skills and abilities. A good percentage of sales hires are thru internal referrals. Industry and product knowledge is also critical for the hiring decisions.

Interview Questions

• Experience, difficult situation and how it was handled.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

The most unprofessional interview experience ever. Three phone interviews and then a black hole. I sent thank you emails and follow-up messages to the recruiter and manager and never received an acknowledgement or response. This company might be listed as a great company to work for but their candidate interview experience gets a failing grade.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Phone screen followed by onsite. Interested in candidates with a ton of experience but willing to take 3 steps back in their careers. Wanted sales motivated people yet did not ask a single question regarding my sales background. Interviewers seemed uninterested and more "senior" and "professional" than they really are. Pretty miserable experience. The type of hiring process that makes you surprised a place with their reputation would implement. Unless you want to make less money and take backwards steps in your career id look elsewhere. Definitely ruined my opinion of the company.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

There was an application online and then I connected with a recruiter who interviewed me. She then passed me to the next step of a video call with a manager and then after that I received and offer.

Interview Questions

• What would your favorite professor say is a strength of yours?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

I applied through an online job board. It took 2/3 weeks before I received a phone call where I was screened by their HR team in San Francisco. Then, I setup an interview the next week with sales managers. The interview consisted of half video-call and half in-person. After my interview, the hiring team contacted me 3 weeks later and offered me the position. Overall positive experience, yet I wish they would’ve offered me sooner.

Interview Questions

• What is one question that you didn’t want us to ask you?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a SF recruiter for a job opening in my territory. After initial screening call with the recruiter, I proceeded to have 30-45 minute Interviews with 3 RVP of Sales, 1 Sales Manager, and 1 Technical Director. These interviews all happened over the course of about 4 weeks and concluded with a virtual, online presentation to a group of 5-6 hiring managers. After positive feedback after every interview and a very successful team interview, I was told the position was no longer available even though they wanted to make and offer. I am currently awaiting to hear from SF if their most recent re-org will allow for them to hire this position. It was frustrating because SF initiated the conversation with me and I spent considerable time preparing for interviews and a final group presentation, only to be told that I was the best candidate but they couldn't offer me the position due to a re-organization.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.