Salesforce Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Salesforce Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.3

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2007.

Interview

The recruiter called me and we had a brief conversation. She asked me about my previous work experience and my knowledge of the company. She asked me why i wanted to join salesforce and future goals. She scheduled a meeting with 4 other people, including the Vice President for salesforce latin america. She recommended that i did more research on the company, and sign up for a free trial. I spent an entire day looking at the website, getting started on the free trial, and watching demos. I also googled the company to learn more about the company, CEO, and work culture. Once i arrived at the salesforce office, i realized that its a young, energetic, and fun company. The people are stylish, competitive, and driven. Most of the salesforce employees live in the Marina district in San Francisco. The office is painted in bright colors and the kitchen has big colorful bowls filled with all sorts of snacks. The interview went smoothly. The Vice President asked me about my knowledge of CRM and how I would sell it to the latin american market. They asked me about any challenges i had enountered in the past and how did I manage to overcome those challenges, very typical interview questions. I asked "why would you not hire me"? they said because of the lack of technology knowledge. Because it was a sales rep role, they were ok with my lack of tech experience. As soon as the interview was over, the recruiter called me back and told me that I had done well and followed up with me within a couple of days. She emailed me a job offer and I took the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell salesforce.com?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You really cant negotiate your salary. They have a base salary and commision. The base is pretty good though, so you cant complain.

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Let me start by saying that Salesforce is not a company that truly cares about real diversity and cultivating it. Mark Benioff talks about increasing diversity and equality within Salesforce but has not made any true advances towards real equality. The culture that Salesforce fosters can be seen through their management and leadership. It definitely shows that they don't care about people of color and that you need to be Asian or White to work there.

You can check out Salesforce Diversity numbers on their website.

I have been networking and speaking to different people at Salesforce for about 11 months now and have not been hired for one position in the company. Even after taking time to pick up a Salesforce certification, being recommended by multiple people from the company for different roles, networking with Salesforce Diversity groups, and being invited as a VIP to a Salesforce Diversity and Inclusion networking event, none of that really mattered. They told me that it's really hard to get in and to keep trying. I even interviewed for an entry level Sales Rep and did not get a call back. Keep in mind that they hire people straight out of college for this position with no experience and I have about 5 years of experience in tech. Apparently I was too technical to do Sales from what I was told by management. That interview felt more like hazing than anything else from the questions they asked.

Even the employees I know from the company say that Salesforce is really lacking diversity, especially within the Sales and Marketing departments. Most of the colored people I know, men, women, and LGBT's, tend to be the only ones on their team and most of the time feel unincluded. I have heard about that from both a social and professional aspect this is happening internally.

Today I will be attending a tech inclusion event at the innovation in the Palace of Fine Arts. The event is sponsored by Google and many of the top tech companies will be there. I heard that Salesforce raised a lot of money for the event but decided that it was not worth attending because the candidates coming today would not be good enough. I also heard that they made changes last minute to have a table there because it didn't look good that they weren't going to show up.

I wanted to work for Salesforce, but I have seen how they treat their current diverse talent and diverse prospects and am not interested so much anymore. If they are looking to leave, I don't think I should be looking to onboard with Salesforce. Everything they say about Ohana and diversity is really just a bunch of nonsense.

I am hoping the arrival of Tony Prophet will change things for the better and turn Salesforce into a place where I still am interested in working at. Hopefully I can meet him today if Salesforce will be attending.

Interview Questions

• How were your metrics measured?   4 Answers

Salesforce Response

17 Nov 2016 – Chief Equality Officer

Sincere thanks for taking the time to share feedback on your experiences engaging and interviewing with Salesforce. I want to assure you that Salesforce's commitment to equality as a core value is... More

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

1 initial phone screening interview directly with the hiring manager
    (I was connected to him through a friend). Then, on-site interview with 4 people.

2 more Phone calls after the on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you sell Salesforce for me?

Explain what the company does for someone who has no clue about it?

What is Cloud Computing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2010.

Interview

phone interview, group interview and then a presentation to senior management.

Negotiation

Little negotiations

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Mateo, CA (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

After my friend referred me, I was contacted by a recruiter to set up an initial phone screen interview that would take around 20 min. This went fine, although my background does not fit a typical sales background so I had to find ways to apply my skills towards sales. She asked me what I knew about the position, why I was interested in tech sales and what I knew about the product. She asked me to do a brief sales pitch which my friend had warned me about. I felt really prepared and was glad that I was.

Next they set me up for 4 1:1 interviews in the San Mateo office. 2 with current Sales Representatives and 2 with managers. The Sales representatives were more casual and didn't ask me really any questions. They advice you to prepare lots of questions for them and I felt very prepared. They asked about my background, what I was looking for in a job, etc. etc. The mangers were a little more tough and kept asking how and why I wanted to change my career and get involved in sales. I really tried to sell myself saying that I wanted the job and know I could do it. They are looking for someone who is very competitive and can reach goals for this position. If there's anyway you can showcase that I would. One of the managers asked me typical interview questions like "When was a time you hit the wall?" and "How would you change that situation now?" Another one was "What drives you?". They asked me to do a short sales pitch which I researched the Elevator Pitch and made a short 2 min. description in laymen's terms of the products and company. Download the trial, everyone asked if I had used the CRM products before.

I walked away knowing I was prepared but felt like I might not have a shot since my background is so different. They are more concerned with personality, attitude, etc since they will train you and set you up with a mentorship program. About a week after the interview, they called me to say that although my interview went well, they went with someone with a tech sales background. I was upset since Salesforce.com would be an amazing company to work, they can be choosy. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?   1 Answer
    • Why are you interested in tech sales over pharmaceutical, etc?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2010.

Interview

I initially applied for the Account Executive role, and reached out to a recruiter via Linked In InMail. That worked well at quickly getting a call scheduled with the recruiter, who then told me I didn't have the appropriate experience for the role. He passed me along to another recruiter for a different role, but didn't tell me what it was. I did have to follow up with the initial recruiter by email because I never heard at first. Once I made contact via email, I scheduled a phone interview. The 2nd phone interview was very vague, no tough questions. She asked me to pitch my company and told me more about the role. She then invited me in for a live interview, 4 30 min sessions with 4 different people 1:1, 2 being in the role currently and 2 being managers. The first 2 rounds were easy, just getting to know me and telling me more about the role. The 2nd two did inquire more about personal achievements and the ability to hit goals, and how I would react if I was coming in at the bottom. Once the interviews were over, I heard 4 days later that I was given a verbal offer.

After reading some reviews on this site, I was extremely prepared with knowledge of the product and ready for tougher questions. I think knowing what was going on with the company and how the tools worked helped.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview with recruiter- very standard questions, but make sure you know as much about salesforce's products (not just CRM) as possible

In person interview in SF- Nice offices but kind of static. It isn't culty like other people have said on glassdoor, but It seemed very corporate (quiet, not a lot of smiles, everyone typing away).

First an interview with a sales rep- very friendly girl. Not that bright but friendy

Then a panel interview with sales managers. Make sure you know the products inside and out, and make sure you can show that you are fine making a ton of calls a day and doing just that, developing leads and nothing more.

Interview Questions

• What salesforce product would you sell and how would you sell it?   3 Answers

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

I had the opportunity to have a phone interview because i was referred by and existing employee.I was asked what i knew about the company and why i wanted to go into tech sales. I believe I was more the prepared as I researched the company and studied all the programs for days.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

I have enjoyed the interview process thus far. The recruiters are very friendly and transparent.

Interview Questions

• Asked about specific sales metrics at my current position.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Mateo, CA (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

You should prepare yourself well for this, know the product and the company values. You should have a knowledge of the applications and the products that the company sells. Have confidence when you talk and know what to say.

Interview Questions

• They differ depending on the interviewer.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.