Salesforce Senior Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Salesforce Senior Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.2

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Seattle, WA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

Started with an internal referral, met with the hiring manager, quick call with the recruiter, and then a final loop. I met with 5 people across the organization, and everyone of them had a very positive and upbeat attitude - it was a great experience. The questions were not easy and had to think about the situations - know their core values and integrate into the responses.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?
    How would you apply research to launch a new product?
    How would you measure the total addressable market of a country?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Started with a 1st round phone call, then a call with a recruiter, followed by 6 final round interviews, including one presenting a case I prepared. All over video chat due to the pandemic.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

The process was described as 4 steps. 1- Phone screen w/Recruiter. 2- 1:1 w/the hiring manager. 3 - panel/team interview. 4 - 1:1 w/Hiring Managers boss. My process deviated a bit as they were in the middle of a re-org as I was interviewing. So I ended up having an additional interview with a different hiring manager who was initially part of the panel. I found everyone I spoke to from the coordinators, recruiters, team, peers, and bosses to be super friendly and very likable. I enjoyed having conversations with them and they felt very organic and authentic in their approach to interviewing me. My process took a bit longer than expected given the re-org, but they were very responsive to my questions and kept me in the loop on the latest development which showed transparency and accountability on their end.

Interview Questions

• Initially the typical - Why Salesforce? Why this specific role? What is your experience with these types of projects?
      The 1:1 asked more tactical questions - How would you approach migrating from system x to system y? What is your approach to mitigating risks? Where do you start when you have to build a project plan? What is your experience w/CPQ?
      The panel/team was a bit more behavioral - How do you have fun at work? What causes do you care about? What is your management style? How do you deal w/ambiguity and rapid change?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth, well organized, and very transparent throughout. I really enjoyed my time interviewing with the various members of the team and the culture that has been so widely commented on was very apparent even during the interview process.

The process itself probably took about a month to complete, but the recruiting staff was very communicative and informative as the process went along.

In general, the process included a generic chat with a recruiter, a video interview with the hiring manager, and an onsite interview day with 4-5 members of the team (approximately 4hrs onsite including a lunch meeting).

Interview Questions

• Several questions on project/case examples and how one would go about structuring a solution as well as how best to deal with internal challenges   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

SalesForce Recruiter set initial phone interview with her. Describes role, asks what you want to do, how you would fit role, & unique culture of SalesForce. Sets phone interview with hiring manager & team mate. Conf Call group asked questions about KPIs, Data & Analytics related to the new role. Next phone interview with VP. Then final panel interview via video call. Went well. Offer within 3-4 days.

Interview Questions

• If I asked former people who worked with yo, what would be three words they would use to describe you?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce in April 2019.

Interview

Interview process was quick and efficient, though it took some time for a decision on timing for role to start. The recruiter was great to work with and kept me updated as best she could.

Interview Questions

• You look like you are over-qualified, tell us why you aren't.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

Phone screen with the recruiter and then phone screen with hiring manager. Process was somewhat smooth but the hiring manager complained about getting incorrect contact information from recruiter, called me late, and then didn't have much time to talk to me or answer questions. She also basically told me the Ohana is not real and that everyone works extremely hard there with no work-life balance. My confirmation from the recruiter didn't have the correct job title and, when I questioned it, they told me it was okay. The recruiting area seems a bit overworked and unorganized. Salesforce has become very difficult to get into and they expect everyone to come in as experts on the Salesforce product, even in operational roles. They do not seem very open to diversity from the outside and think their product is impossible for anyone to learn quickly. I asked what kind of training and on boarding information they have to help with this and she basically said there is no such information and that is part of the problem. She did not sell Salesforce well in the interview process. I think Salesforce has gotten a little big for it's britches and does not really live by the Ohana, diverse & inclusive philosophy that they advertise all over their website.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter asked basic informational questions. Hiring manager asked basic background questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

First screen on the phone with the recruiter, followed by a video conference with the hiring manager. And then 2 rounds of on-site interviews, where you talk to various people whom you'll work with. About a week later, the recruiter reached out to me for the job offer.

It was obvious that your personality and whether you're a good fit to the team or not, is important to them. If you're reading this, that means you're doing your preparation and you're on the right track!

The only thing that took me off guard was that I was almost expected to say yes/no during the phone call when they made me the offer. They don't send you a written offer at first. I personally like a written offer, so I can think about the terms, consider a counter offer, etc. I received the written offer only after accepting it verbally.

Over all, the whole process was organized professionally. The recruiter staff was super nice and helpful. The people whom I interviewed were also great: Regardless of what level they're at, they were very helpful to explain what they do and their expectations from the person in this position. So, do not hesitate to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   2 Answers

Salesforce Response

23 Aug 2018 – SVP, Global Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your experience and providing feedback. I am delighted to hear that both our recruiters and the hiring team provided an enjoyable experience. Welcome to the #SalesforceOhana!
    - Ana Recio, Salesforce EVP of Global Recruiting

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

The interview process with Salesforce was professional and timely! I was impressed with every single person I spoke with and met, and felt welcomed the minute I entered the building.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how your experience will make you a good fit for this role?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I submitted my resume via the website with the employee referral email address. I received a request for a phone screen within 2-3 days, and several phone and in person interviews took place before an offer was extended. The process was smooth, and the recruiter was very responsive. The process was transparent and they provide a lot of information on how to prepare for the interview, which is very helpful.

Interview Questions

• What's your leadership style?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.