Salesforce Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for Senior Member of Technical Staff

Salesforce Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.5

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. Spent a whole day, I thought I was on the bubble. Didn't get the job because I didn't "pass the test" so to speak. But no word on which test either then or later. The overall experience was a big turnoff.

Interview Questions

• Given a regular English dictionary, and a word to start with (e.g. "head"), you can only change one letter a time, but every change has to be a word in the dictionary (e.g. head -> heal) What is the quickest way to an end word (e.g. "tail")?   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Recruiter, manager, remote programming test, team panel interview by skype, in person interview, VP interview.

Recruiter was awesome, she was on top of everything and took me 1 week to complete everything.

Interview Questions

• How would you test ios app?   1 Answer
    • Describe the testing process for facebook app?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to get what i asked for.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Several stages:

System design: how to design a back end system (with scaling scenarios)

Algorithms: graphs and trees

Programming: Java fundamentals and collections

Architecture: explain a system you built

Databases: ways to address performance and scaling

Work history and culture seemed to be addressed during each stage of the interview.

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Salesforce (Seattle, WA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview process had following:
    2 phone interviews
        1 programming question
        1 About resume
    4 onsite interviews
        Basics about data structure and asked to write one program.
        Lunch interview with hiring manager.
        Another interview on coding.
        Interview with PM

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in September 2015.

Interview

First, I emailed with a recruiter who I'd been referred to. We talked about potential positions then she arranged for me to talk with one of the hiring managers. Although I was told I'd be able to talk with other managers about other teams, that never ended up happening. I felt like I was funneled down to this particular team right away.

After talking with the manager about the team, he arranged a coding interview screen over the phone. The screen involved getting the problem then working on it for 2 hours on my own before sending it off to the interviewer.

I was then brought on site for 5 45 minute interviews. Several were done using Google hangouts since the team is split across Seattle and San Francisco which seems pretty common there.

I received a verbal offer from the recruiter the next day.

Interview Questions

• Coding screen question was to write a command line program for managing component dependencies.   Answer Question

I was looking for somewhere less corporate and smaller. Employees talked more about how it's a great company and less about having interesting and challenging work.

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Interview

Couple of phones screens followed by onsite interviews. At least been interviewed by 10+ people overall. Onsite interview took me half a day but most of them are repeated questions. Once selected HR will call you to negotiate the salaries. It took me couple of months to complete the process as there is confusion on the location of the job, otherwise entire process may take 2 to 4 weeks from the first call.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

Two one-on-one phone interviews. Then an interview with the entire team. Then a coding challenge that took some hours to complete and submit. It was a pretty thorough interview process, though not as thorough as some other Bay Area companies which often require Computer Science based questions to be answered or coded on the fly.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen where I was asked about past experience and some technical questions which weren't too much of a challenge to answer.

A few days later there was a remote coding activity which was done over a gotomeeting session. My experience with the remote coding session was awful! The task wasn't technically difficult but the gotomeeting experience was dreadful! The session would lag a lot and several times things locked up on the remote computer. I had to work in eclipse and was unfamiliar with that environment. I only ended up finishing about 50% of the assignment! The remote nature of this step in the process should not be under estimated!

I was surprised to hear back from them a few days later to schedule an on site interview! They understood that the remote coding environment can be difficult and liked what I did get done. The on site experience was excellent! There were some tough questions but overall it felt more like a conversation about technologies and techniques than a drilling.

Negotiation

The offer was more than generous I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by an external recruiter who arranged several informal interviews. When it was decided to proceed for a specific job, I had a technical programming exam which was evaluated for style and sophistication. They then flew me to San Francisco for a day of interviews.

Throughout I was very impressed with the professionalism and courtesy. Relative to other very big companies I interviewed with, salesforece.com was by far the best.

Interview Questions

• The programming exam was fairly large and had many ways of doing it. I chose to spend time on the design and proper Object Oriented design of my code and never actually got an executable going. Nevertheless the quality of my code impressed them enough to invite me to in person interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The base salary was firm, but I negotiated a starting bonus of approximately 10% of my annual base, and increased the initial RSU stock grant by 20%.

They were also very flexible with starting date.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

Phone screen by a recruiter. Followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was then invited to give a presentation and was interviewed by 4 people.

Interview Questions

• You're on vacation and you need to provide your boss with input for a presentation to the CEO. What do you do?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.