Salesforce Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Salesforce Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.5

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. Spent a whole day, I thought I was on the bubble. Didn't get the job because I didn't "pass the test" so to speak. But no word on which test either then or later. The overall experience was a big turnoff.

Interview Questions

• Given a regular English dictionary, and a word to start with (e.g. "head"), you can only change one letter a time, but every change has to be a word in the dictionary (e.g. head -> heal) What is the quickest way to an end word (e.g. "tail")?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Recruiter, manager, remote programming test, team panel interview by skype, in person interview, VP interview.

Recruiter was awesome, she was on top of everything and took me 1 week to complete everything.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to get what i asked for.

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Interview

Couple of phones screens followed by onsite interviews. At least been interviewed by 10+ people overall. Onsite interview took me half a day but most of them are repeated questions. Once selected HR will call you to negotiate the salaries. It took me couple of months to complete the process as there is confusion on the location of the job, otherwise entire process may take 2 to 4 weeks from the first call.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by an external recruiter who arranged several informal interviews. When it was decided to proceed for a specific job, I had a technical programming exam which was evaluated for style and sophistication. They then flew me to San Francisco for a day of interviews.

Throughout I was very impressed with the professionalism and courtesy. Relative to other very big companies I interviewed with, salesforece.com was by far the best.

Interview Questions

• The programming exam was fairly large and had many ways of doing it. I chose to spend time on the design and proper Object Oriented design of my code and never actually got an executable going. Nevertheless the quality of my code impressed them enough to invite me to in person interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The base salary was firm, but I negotiated a starting bonus of approximately 10% of my annual base, and increased the initial RSU stock grant by 20%.

They were also very flexible with starting date.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Several stages:

System design: how to design a back end system (with scaling scenarios)

Algorithms: graphs and trees

Programming: Java fundamentals and collections

Architecture: explain a system you built

Databases: ways to address performance and scaling

Work history and culture seemed to be addressed during each stage of the interview.

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

I had 2 rounds of phone interview with this company. A recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn and the process started. The first round was a list of java questions asked by a recruiter. I found that a bit strange as she could not quite catch my answers and was typing it verbatim. I had a 2nd round of phone screen with the hiring manager. It was a pleasant experience. I liked the way some questions were targeted around situations and behaviors like how did you resolve a difficult problem etc. There was one algorithmic question for which I had to answer over phone. Collab Edit would have been more effective as they can see what ure typing. But this was over phone you had to explain the algorithm. Next I had a Remote Programming Test. The interviewer was on a got-to meeting. She gave me a zip file that had the problem statement. The write up was about 2 pages long with inputs, conditions and expected output etc. She dint go over the problem with me. She said, go through it and ask me if you have questions. Your time starts now, I will need your code in exactly 2 hrs. It took me a while to understand the problem, the conditions and figure an algorithm. The question was about building an installer that had components dependent on one another. You cant install a component unless its dependents are installed. Likewise you cant remove a component, if there is another component dependent on it. The problem wasn't hard but certainly it was challenging to produce clean code in the given time. I started the algorithm and debugged my APIs as and when I built. I ran out of time to hook up with the given input etc. I couldn't finish it , couldn't comment my code well or review the APIs etc. I was not selected for the next round. I dint get a proper feedback from them either....except that my code doesn't match their job role.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult in terms of the interview questions as such. The rpt test could have been better where the interviewer ran over the problem first with me and then started the clock. I lost time in understanding the question myself. A 10-20 extra minutes would have helped me produce cleaner code. In fact, I spent an extra hour after the interview and completed it incl testing with the given inputs and conditions.   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in February 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a Salesforce employee, spoke with a recruiter in a few days. A day later I received both an email and a call from a R&D technical recruiter and was invited to a tech meet up where I met with hiring managers. I took the 2 hour remote programming test and was scheduled for my on site the following week. The recruiter got back to me a day later. Very efficient!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied through a friend to employee referral. Had 4 rounds: basic object oriented design questions with recruiter, technical phone screen with the hiring manager, remote programming test and finally an on-site interview. The on-site interview consisted of 4 45 minute sessions (design & testing process; data & sql; object-oriented design; algorithms) with team members and an hour lunch with the hiring manager. Everyone I spoke & met with was very nice - the sessions felt more like technical discussions with colleagues than being grilled over a set of questions. The overall process was slow, but communication was excellent - I always knew what was going on when.

Interview Questions

• Design a set of tables for a particular data set, write queries for returning results & updating.   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter contacted within a week later . I had telephonic interview. Interviewer asked about SDLC, and basic question about Big data Technologies(Which I applied) . Later they scheduled 2.5 hrs Remote Programming Test. I was not able to finish the program on time.

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Salesforce (Seattle, WA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview process had following:
    2 phone interviews
        1 programming question
        1 About resume
    4 onsite interviews
        Basics about data structure and asked to write one program.
        Lunch interview with hiring manager.
        Another interview on coding.
        Interview with PM

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.