Salesforce Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Salesforce Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.4

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Applied online and recruiter reached out after a week.
Multiple interviews after this.
One interview with hiring manager - 30 minutes
Four interviews with technical team members - 45 minutes each
Overall process was straightforward and took around 5-6 weeks.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Initially I applied for a different team but unfortunately the position has been cancelled after the technical phone screen. My recruiter Clarice has been very helpful in submitting my profile to other teams and understanding my timelines. A week later, Clarice reached out to me with some other position and scheduled hacker rank online assessment and OnSite simultaneously. One 4-hour hacker rank coding challenge and 5 rounds of final interview (3 technical, 1 system design, 1 behavioral with hiring manager). Interviewers were very friendly throughout the process. Got an Offer the next day.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

My on-site interview was for 4 rounds. 3 technical rounds and 1 behavioral during lunch :). In technical rounds, it was all white-board questions and you have to write pseudo code. My interview was for full-stack developer. So, one technical round was completely on front-end (React/Angular). Other 2 rounds were algorithms (Tree/Matrix problem). Interviewers were very-friendly throughout the process. Overall very nice experience. Recruitment team is very responsive. Special thanks to Clarice Nesbitt from Recruiting team!!

Interview Questions

• Average Matrix problems, Trees related questions(leet code). They will ask to optimize your solution.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a Salesforce recruiter to apply through LinkedIn. Initially, I was considered for a networking team which I declined, following which the HM from a cloud security team expressed interest. We had 2 phone screens before I was invited onsite. There were 5 onsite interviews. 4 Tech Coding rounds and 1 HM. Interviewers were polite and had great knowledge on what they did. I enjoyed the coding rounds and the lunch with HM was really pleasant experience.
    Along with the whiteboard coding, I was asked some behavioral questions. The interviewers were really keen on learning about the projects I worked in the past and my interests.
    All the rounds went decently well, I received a phone call from the recruiter within 2-3 days. The negotiations went on for 2 weeks and I accepted the offer. The recruiter I worked with was super honest and did a great job to match my compensation expectations. Overall, it was a great experience interviewing with Salesforce

Interview Questions

• Architecture of my previous projects. Mostly LC Easy/Medium (Interval problems, Graphs and Trees, can't be more specific due to NDA). Challenging behavioral questions. Understanding of design, tests and code review. Questions on REST Api design patterns, basic security concepts.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Smooth, transparent & practical.

There was a take home exercise which involved DFS based problem solving. About 3 hours, you must write unit tests as well. In order to move to onsite stage, all your test cases must pass.

Onsite stage comprises of 5 rounds, 1hr each including a lunch interview with the hiring manager. All interviewers were extremely friendly and easy going from the onset of the interview & happily answered any questions that I had.

1st round: Mostly involving a system design problem white-boarding. Involved concepts like real-time systems, HBase concepts & data modeling, Hbase vs Redis.

2nd round: Another system design round involving different concepts. Included Kafka, distributed systems, CAP theorem, Caching principles, Redis/In-memory DB.

3rd round: Lunch interview, manager happily answered all my questions about the team, Salesforce culture, growth opportunities, etc.

4th round: Coding and some CI/CD concepts. Some conceptual knowledge questions around Jenkins based deployment and then moved to coding question. LRU cache design, followed by rundown of the algorithm using some test cases to test cache eviction, cache hit and miss scenarios. Another follow up was alternative solution to the one I offered.

5th round: Last interview with a Data Scientist, which started with conceptual questions around Machine Learning algorithms, differences between supervised and un-supervised learning. Algorithms such as Naive Bayesian and K-means clustering were asked, followed by writing the code for K-means clustering algorithm. Followed by asking me run down the code with an example and explain how cluster centers are re-computed and when does the algorithm stop. After this, I was given a use-case and asked to design a system around it which involved training and deploying ML models.

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Dallas, TX (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

After the referral from Saleforce employee in July, the recruiter reached out but want to proceed only if i agree to not ask for no relocation assistance because the position i am interested is in Dallas and i am currently in Bay area.After few weeks , i had 2 people phone screen for 45 mins each and again virtual onsite with 5 people . But the team has no role to offer for some internal changes that happened. Again after 4 months, they have reached out for another position in the same org with different manager and also took 3 weeks to set the onsite virtual final round but by the time they need to make decision , the role got shifter under different manager and again had to go through another final round with hiring manager and team member.
    Its bit of slow but all through this while the recruiter is in touch to help me understand the nuances that are around the position.

Interview Questions

• All questions are more on Scenario based or SQL based and business and domain focussed as well .Big data and ETL tools questions.   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in October 2019.

Interview

It was an awesome experience from start to offer. You will get a real taste of your knowledge and how far you know and whats your grey area. My talent adviser and hiring manager are so professional and helpful. I never had a situation where i had to reach out to to them for any information, they always kept me informed. First of my interview was with hiring manager and Next was 4 panel round which are purely technical in depth to salesforce development ,config and solution providing capability . Then it followed with another 1 tech round nd 1 VP round. one of the last was the code/assignment/code share round. Depend on the panel feedback and position, either you will be asked to complete an assignment or you will be asked to share ur own coding assignment . That's all. If you make it this far then you are on right track...

Interview Questions

• Sorry cant share exact interview question but in general, Its all depends how deeply u know salesforce concept. SMTS position do require extensive salesforce development knowledge + you should understand salesforce the way it works. Its in and out. After that it depends on the work you are doing on ur past project/company. Whatever you will say you need to make sure that you have done it and u know it. SMTS interview position will also cover salesforce config area , ur solution consulting skill and ur ability to work in a team and handle junior developer as well.   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Very nice process. Expect leetcode medium questions with focus on trees.

I would give a special shoutout to my recruiter Clarice who was really helpful in finding me a team. The initial team I interviewed with filled the position with an internal candidate she worked with me for more than a month to find me a team and helped with all the negotiations as well. Will high recommend her.

Thanks Clarice :)

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

The hiring process was smooth. Initially I was applying for a different team and unfortunately that was filled up before my interview got scheduled. However, I found another interesting position and asked my recruiter to consider me for that new position. The recruiter was very helpful and immediately connected me with the corresponding recruiter.

The whole process finished under 2 weeks. The phone round got scheduled within a week and the experience was good.

Then I had attended 4 round F2F at San Francisco office. It was nice meeting with team members. 2 rounds are technical and 1 design. Another with Senior Director to understand my preferences and interests. That helped me a lot to understand the team and project.

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Bellevue, WA (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

Absolutely fantastic experience! Everyone was incredibly nice and the questions were aimed at understanding my thought process and relevant skills (communication, data structures, algorithms, etc...). The interviewers asked interesting system design questions and they were very engaged in the conversation.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.