Salesforce Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Salesforce Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.4

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in July 2019.

Interview

Initial phone screen led to a one on one video call with a member of technical staff. After that, I had to complete a timed programming test. From there, I was invited to interview on-site with a number of senior staff members. The interviews were a mix of technical topics, depth probing questions, past behavior examples, etc.

Interview Questions

• Went over my solution to the timed programming test and how to improve it. Walked through various workload deployment and scaling scenarios.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Salesforce Developer Interview :
    Interview process took a month. Started with HR call explaining the interview process.
    First round is 2 hour programming round with
    - Design section -> Solve one of the two
    - Code Analysis -> 2 code snippets
    - Programming -> Solve two of three (Mid level Complexity)

Second Round is interview with 2 LMTS - 30 mins each over hangouts

Third Round is onsite interview with
    - Manager
    - Director
    - Sr Director

The feedback was provided fast.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

There were two 1-hour phone screens, one 3-hour hacker rank coding challenge, and 6 rounds on-site(1 system design, 4 technical, 1 lunch interview with the hiring manager) at the San Francisco office.

The recruiter was very efficient and understanding of the timelines I had. The total time from first phone call to the final offer letter took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Just basic CS fundamentals. No leetcode hard level questions.   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Remote, OR (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very collegial. I never felt that I was being quizzed or interrogated, but the three in-depth conversations I had with team members were wide-ranging and technical.

My interlocutors ably drew me out in discussing my abilities and work style, and were very communicative about what Salesforce looks for and what the culture of the organization was like. It was one of the lowest-stress interview processes I've taken part in, which seemed to me to reflect my interviewers' confidence in their ability to understand and assess the people they're considering as potential colleagues without descending to Torquemadean pressures. I was impressed.

Interview Questions

• What technical feature do you not know as much about but are excited about learning next?   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

There was a timed (3hr) coding test on a variety of web skills. These are in fact terrifying but it was really a reasonable time period for the tests. I often run out of time but was able to use most of the last hour to triple check my work.

This earned me two (bc two teams) in person interviews. One team asked almost completely behavioral and history questions. Every one was professional. Second team asked some backend questions bc they new I wanted to grow in that direction but also asked a lot of behavioral questions bc culture is HUGE here. Got an offer from the second group that also happened to get me VERY excited about their product!

Interview Questions

• Again, what I had done in the past and how I handled difficult situations. Keep in mind this is a very mature org and egotists are not usually tolerated. 'Certainly not in my corner of this co!   Answer Question
    • Got to show off some memories of both Django ORM and SQLAlchemy. Luckily exact syntax was not expected!   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Two short phone screens (30-45 mins each):
    - One with the hiring manager: more informational, and assessing fit with the division/role within the company
    - One with a technical member of staff: technical questions on projects you've worked on in the past plus some basic operating system/programming language questions. No live coding/white boarding at this stage.

After the phone screens, I was invited onsite for a day of interviews. These were all technical interviews with coding/whiteboarding questions, plus some architectural questions. I was free to use a coding language of my choice that I was comfortable in.

I'd say that the in person technical interviews were of average difficulty, but I did spend a good amount of time practicing coding questions, so that may have brought the difficulty down for me a little bit. I'd highly recommend practicing before you go in, especially if it's been a while since you've done data structure and algorithm coding exercises which are more common in the interview phase and less so afterwards (e.g. Binary tree and graph traversal, etc.)

Interview Questions

• Perform a level-order traversal of a binary tree. Describe the space and time complexity of your solution.   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Remote, OR (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

This was a remote interview process for a remote position. I had a phone screen with the recruiter, who explained the job, and the application process, and confirmed whether I wanted to go forward. Next, I met with the manager for the open position. He asked background questions, in terms of what I had done, was currently doing, etc., as well as questions about how I felt working 100% remotely.

After this. I was contacted to do a programming test, which involved developing a piece of functionality on Salesforce from a functional spec, providing that project to the manager and one of their architects, and explaining answering questions about how I approached it, and why I made certain decisions. After this, I had more interviews with additional team members, to give them a chance to see if I was a good fit, both technically and culturally, and to give me exposure to the team and an opportunity to ask more questions and gain insight into the environment/workplace.

I received an offer a few days following my interview, in which the recruiter took me through the offer, worked out a start date, and covered the benefits and remainder of the process in detail— taking additional questions as well.

The recruiter, and process was very thorough, enjoyable, rigorous, and ... everything you would expect from a place like Salesforce.

Interview Questions

• Compare similarities and differences between Salesforce and Java Web environments.
      How do you feel about working remotely?
      What would you do first, if hired?   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in August 2018.

Interview

I applied to the position. I had an initial screening call, and then had two calls with members of the technical team. I then had an all day technical interview pair programming with another member of the team.

Interview Questions

• I pair programmed with a member of the team. In my opinion this is the correct way to interview candidates, and I considered this to be a sign of a good team.   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Burlington, MA (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Typically the interview process includes a phone interview and another 4 interviews onsite. The HR is nice to work with. He is on top of things all the time and helps all along starting from the preparation for the interview.

Interview Questions

• As per the NDA i cannot disclose the exact questions I was asked. But be prepared with multithreading, synchronization, back tracking, graph traversals, CI/CD and some behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

I applied online and received a call from an internal recruiter who arranged several interviews (phone screening, technical take-home challenge, onsite).

This was by far the best interview experience I have ever had. The process took some time, but everyone I had met with was very kind, professional and knowledgeable.

Throughout the process, I always felt valued professionally and as a person.

Interview Questions

• Multiple technical questions around web performance, user experience, responsive design, as well as behavioral questions, and why I wanted to join the team and Salesforce.   Answer Question