Salesforce Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Salesforce Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.5

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2009.

Interview

This is a special interview where part of the team I have met before had a good impression of me so they invited me back for a full interview, with a different set of people on the panel. There is a two hour programming tests where you are expected to build a Java class that can satisfy the requirement as specified on a 4 page document. Advice to test takes please do not spend too much time on reading the requirement at the first time, since most likely you will need to come back and review it again. The problem might look simple but it could take the full allotted 2 hours to finish it. My 1:1 sessions started after the programming tests. I had 5 interviewers plus another person taking me for lunch(no interview questions but not sure if part of evaluation).

Interview Questions

• What kind of communicator are you, "mellow" or "aggressive"?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in July 2019.

Interview

Initial phone screen led to a one on one video call with a member of technical staff. After that, I had to complete a timed programming test. From there, I was invited to interview on-site with a number of senior staff members. The interviews were a mix of technical topics, depth probing questions, past behavior examples, etc.

Interview Questions

• Went over my solution to the timed programming test and how to improve it. Walked through various workload deployment and scaling scenarios.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

Phone screen by a recruiter. Followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was then invited to give a presentation and was interviewed by 4 people.

Interview Questions

• You're on vacation and you need to provide your boss with input for a presentation to the CEO. What do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

There were two 1-hour phone screens, one 3-hour hacker rank coding challenge, and 6 rounds on-site(1 system design, 4 technical, 1 lunch interview with the hiring manager) at the San Francisco office.

The recruiter was very efficient and understanding of the timelines I had. The total time from first phone call to the final offer letter took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Just basic CS fundamentals. No leetcode hard level questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Salesforce Developer Interview :
    Interview process took a month. Started with HR call explaining the interview process.
    First round is 2 hour programming round with
    - Design section -> Solve one of the two
    - Code Analysis -> 2 code snippets
    - Programming -> Solve two of three (Mid level Complexity)

Second Round is interview with 2 LMTS - 30 mins each over hangouts

Third Round is onsite interview with
    - Manager
    - Director
    - Sr Director

The feedback was provided fast.

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Remote, OR (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

This was a remote interview process for a remote position. I had a phone screen with the recruiter, who explained the job, and the application process, and confirmed whether I wanted to go forward. Next, I met with the manager for the open position. He asked background questions, in terms of what I had done, was currently doing, etc., as well as questions about how I felt working 100% remotely.

After this. I was contacted to do a programming test, which involved developing a piece of functionality on Salesforce from a functional spec, providing that project to the manager and one of their architects, and explaining answering questions about how I approached it, and why I made certain decisions. After this, I had more interviews with additional team members, to give them a chance to see if I was a good fit, both technically and culturally, and to give me exposure to the team and an opportunity to ask more questions and gain insight into the environment/workplace.

I received an offer a few days following my interview, in which the recruiter took me through the offer, worked out a start date, and covered the benefits and remainder of the process in detail— taking additional questions as well.

The recruiter, and process was very thorough, enjoyable, rigorous, and ... everything you would expect from a place like Salesforce.

Interview Questions

• Compare similarities and differences between Salesforce and Java Web environments.
      How do you feel about working remotely?
      What would you do first, if hired?   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Burlington, MA (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Typically the interview process includes a phone interview and another 4 interviews onsite. The HR is nice to work with. He is on top of things all the time and helps all along starting from the preparation for the interview.

Interview Questions

• As per the NDA i cannot disclose the exact questions I was asked. But be prepared with multithreading, synchronization, back tracking, graph traversals, CI/CD and some behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Denver, CO (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

The process was fairly thorough. It included:
    Phone Screen
    Call with Hiring Manager
    Technical Take Home Test - 48 hours to complete
    Call with Senior Member of the team to review take home test
    Call with members of engineering team
    Call with members of Product Management
    Call with a VP

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Bellevue, WA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

I had 2 phone screens, 1 technical video chat interview, a lunch with the hiring manager, and then 3 more on-site technical interviews. Most interviews were an hour long and the questions were tough, but fair. Everyone was very nice, helpful, engaged in the process, and honestly seemed like they wanted to hire good people.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions related to hashes, bit shifting, recursion, design of previous projects, etc. Pretty standard, though wide-ranging - similar to Leetcode easy/medium level problems.   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Two short phone screens (30-45 mins each):
    - One with the hiring manager: more informational, and assessing fit with the division/role within the company
    - One with a technical member of staff: technical questions on projects you've worked on in the past plus some basic operating system/programming language questions. No live coding/white boarding at this stage.

After the phone screens, I was invited onsite for a day of interviews. These were all technical interviews with coding/whiteboarding questions, plus some architectural questions. I was free to use a coding language of my choice that I was comfortable in.

I'd say that the in person technical interviews were of average difficulty, but I did spend a good amount of time practicing coding questions, so that may have brought the difficulty down for me a little bit. I'd highly recommend practicing before you go in, especially if it's been a while since you've done data structure and algorithm coding exercises which are more common in the interview phase and less so afterwards (e.g. Binary tree and graph traversal, etc.)

Interview Questions

• Perform a level-order traversal of a binary tree. Describe the space and time complexity of your solution.   Answer Question