Salesforce Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Salesforce Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.4

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Bellevue, WA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

I had 2 phone screens, 1 technical video chat interview, a lunch with the hiring manager, and then 3 more on-site technical interviews. Most interviews were an hour long and the questions were tough, but fair. Everyone was very nice, helpful, engaged in the process, and honestly seemed like they wanted to hire good people.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions related to hashes, bit shifting, recursion, design of previous projects, etc. Pretty standard, though wide-ranging - similar to Leetcode easy/medium level problems.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

4 Step Process:
    1) Initial call with recruiter to get me an eligible position(very helpful since they really try to get you a position and team that best aligns with your skills and interests)
    2) Technical phone screen
    3) Online coding assignment via HackerRank
    4) Onsite interview

Interview Questions

• Phone screen consisted of data structure/algorithm questions based on array and tries   2 Answers

Senior Member of the Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Seattle, WA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me first. The first round was a 45 minutes call with a manager, going over the role description and requirements. It is more to verbally check and verify the match between your skills, interests, and the role.
    The second round was an online coding/design problem which had to be done online with a shared screen. Not an easy problem to solve, but given a two hours time slot makes it doable.

The third round was a full round team interview, which took about 5 hours. It included both technical and behavioural.

Overall I found the interview process at Salesforce way different than other tech companies. During the interview process, it is really easy to figure out the culture of the company, their values, and the people you are going to work with.

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Denver, CO (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

The process was fairly thorough. It included:
    Phone Screen
    Call with Hiring Manager
    Technical Take Home Test - 48 hours to complete
    Call with Senior Member of the team to review take home test
    Call with members of engineering team
    Call with members of Product Management
    Call with a VP

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process went really smooth. I am really surprised how fast recruiter and others worked. I got my offer letter within 2-3 weeks. People are really nice to talk to. The first process is telephonic interview asking OO questions. Then, second one is online screening test where you will be tested how to write code for real world problem. The last stage is onsite interview where had around 5 sessions. The questions were not so difficult. But, if you didn't go through leet medium/hard questions, you won't be able to solve them.

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salesforce (Boston, MA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a very positive experience interviewing with Salesforce. The recruiter that I worked with provided a very good introduction to the company, the business unit that they were hiring for and available roles. She also made sure that my interests matched with theirs and
    also provided me information regarding career paths, benefits, work-life balance and social responsibilities which were important to me. I was able to reach out to her with any questions that I had and was also available beyond the 9-to-5 time slots which was a very big plus for me. The 4 hr interview process was a mix of technical, process oriented and personality evaluation discussions. Technical interviews involved design, back-and-forth discussions about design decisions, specific questions about programming languages and white-boarding designs. Interviewers also took the time to explain the existing technology stack and the direction forward. It was a very pleasant and good experience.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with Recruiting manager and she scheduled the 2nd round with Hiring manager and after that they scheduled a technical round with a ETL person and a BI person. Once they got the positive feedback they called me in person to salesforce office in SF for a whole day interview and after that they scheduled a final round with VP.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle scope creep   Answer Question
    • Differences with different Visualization tools, Which one do you like and why   Answer Question
    • Difference b/w different kinds of joins ? Use case for the cross Join   Answer Question
    • Order of execution of group by, order by and where clauses   Answer Question
    • How do you resolve conflicts   Answer Question
    • How do you transpose rows to single column with cama separated values in Webi reporting   Answer Question
    • Different to date() Webi functions that work at reporting and their differences   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (Palo Alto, CA (US)).

Interview

I applied online, and a recruiter reach out after a few weeks. I did 2 initial phone screens, a technical phone round and an onsite interview. Everyone was very friendly and professional throughout the process.

My overall impression regarding Salesforce's technical interviews is that they are software engineering focused, and interviewers are looking for systems-level thinking, knowledge of your claimed languages, and good coding practices more than just textbook computer science. Contrast this to Facebook, Google where you may be an accomplished engineer but get dinged in your interview for not having memorized the optimal implementation of heapsort.

Interview Questions

• OOP: how you would design a certain game   Answer Question
    • algorithm question: dynamic programming problem involving phone pad   Answer Question
    • domain expertise: describe and illustrate your projects in detail   Answer Question
    • systems design: how would you build a scalable data ingestion and reporting system   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Take home project, phone interview, then on-site. I thought the process was well organized. The phone interview went a deep dive in the take home project, which was expended into an algorithm interview. The on-site was with 4 groups of 2 each, structured as design, algorithm, scala/spark, and date science. For the algorithm and the scala/spark interview, I was asked to go through the solution on the white board first and then actually coding on a macbook. The interviewers were very knowledgeable in the respective areas, professional and easy going. It felt to me that they were genuinely interested in learning my abilities and what I can offer if I joined the team. Although I went through a lot in 5 hours, it did not make me feel exhausted.

Interview Questions

• Mostly very practical questions that related to their daily work related to data science and scala/spark. As to algorithm, the question was something I never seen exactly before, but the solution was typical dfs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

My overall interview experience with Salesforce was very pleasant. There was one phone screen and one remote programming test. I was called onsite where the interviews lated for 6 hours. Overall there were 7 rounds and mostly focusing on designing and programming skill. After the interview got an offer after 1 day.

They pay decently and seems like a good place to work.

Interview Questions

See What Salesforce Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Account Executive - Ecs in London, England

Pros: “'Do a job you enjoy doing and you'll never work a day in your life' - This statement couldn't be more true for my time at Salesforce so far. I am 5 years into my career...”“'Do a job you enjoy doing and you'll never work a day in your life' - This statement couldn't be more true for my time at Salesforce so far. I am 5 years into my career and I can honestly say that I couldn't see myself working anywhere else. I have just transitioned into a different role (due to a promotion). The past 3 years in the ECS team has been incredible, both on a personal and professional level. I have made friends for life because the culture within this team is without a doubt a family unit. On a professional level, I have had my ups and downs for sure (I'm in sales, it wouldn't be natural if I didn't), but under the fantastic leadership, I have been educated, trained & coached into the salesperson I am today. I have learned so much over the past 3 years and will be forever grateful for the opportunity. I wanted to highlight my incredible experience so if anyone is considering a move to Salesforce, absolutely go for it, you will not regret it.” – Full Review

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.