Salesforce Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Salesforce Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.5

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Bellevue, WA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

I had 2 phone screens, 1 technical video chat interview, a lunch with the hiring manager, and then 3 more on-site technical interviews. Most interviews were an hour long and the questions were tough, but fair. Everyone was very nice, helpful, engaged in the process, and honestly seemed like they wanted to hire good people.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions related to hashes, bit shifting, recursion, design of previous projects, etc. Pretty standard, though wide-ranging - similar to Leetcode easy/medium level problems.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Remote, OR (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very collegial. I never felt that I was being quizzed or interrogated, but the three in-depth conversations I had with team members were wide-ranging and technical.

My interlocutors ably drew me out in discussing my abilities and work style, and were very communicative about what Salesforce looks for and what the culture of the organization was like. It was one of the lowest-stress interview processes I've taken part in, which seemed to me to reflect my interviewers' confidence in their ability to understand and assess the people they're considering as potential colleagues without descending to Torquemadean pressures. I was impressed.

Interview Questions

• What technical feature do you not know as much about but are excited about learning next?   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

There was a timed (3hr) coding test on a variety of web skills. These are in fact terrifying but it was really a reasonable time period for the tests. I often run out of time but was able to use most of the last hour to triple check my work.

This earned me two (bc two teams) in person interviews. One team asked almost completely behavioral and history questions. Every one was professional. Second team asked some backend questions bc they new I wanted to grow in that direction but also asked a lot of behavioral questions bc culture is HUGE here. Got an offer from the second group that also happened to get me VERY excited about their product!

Interview Questions

• Again, what I had done in the past and how I handled difficult situations. Keep in mind this is a very mature org and egotists are not usually tolerated. 'Certainly not in my corner of this co!   Answer Question
    • Got to show off some memories of both Django ORM and SQLAlchemy. Luckily exact syntax was not expected!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

There were two 1-hour phone screens, one 3-hour hacker rank coding challenge, and 6 rounds on-site(1 system design, 4 technical, 1 lunch interview with the hiring manager) at the San Francisco office.

The recruiter was very efficient and understanding of the timelines I had. The total time from first phone call to the final offer letter took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Just basic CS fundamentals. No leetcode hard level questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Salesforce Developer Interview :
    Interview process took a month. Started with HR call explaining the interview process.
    First round is 2 hour programming round with
    - Design section -> Solve one of the two
    - Code Analysis -> 2 code snippets
    - Programming -> Solve two of three (Mid level Complexity)

Second Round is interview with 2 LMTS - 30 mins each over hangouts

Third Round is onsite interview with
    - Manager
    - Director
    - Sr Director

The feedback was provided fast.

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Very nice process. Expect leetcode medium questions with focus on trees.

I would give a special shoutout to my recruiter Clarice who was really helpful in finding me a team. The initial team I interviewed with filled the position with an internal candidate she worked with me for more than a month to find me a team and helped with all the negotiations as well. Will high recommend her.

Thanks Clarice :)

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in July 2019.

Interview

Initial phone screen led to a one on one video call with a member of technical staff. After that, I had to complete a timed programming test. From there, I was invited to interview on-site with a number of senior staff members. The interviews were a mix of technical topics, depth probing questions, past behavior examples, etc.

Interview Questions

• Went over my solution to the timed programming test and how to improve it. Walked through various workload deployment and scaling scenarios.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

4 Step Process:
    1) Initial call with recruiter to get me an eligible position(very helpful since they really try to get you a position and team that best aligns with your skills and interests)
    2) Technical phone screen
    3) Online coding assignment via HackerRank
    4) Onsite interview

Interview Questions

• Phone screen consisted of data structure/algorithm questions based on array and tries   2 Answers

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Bellevue, WA (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

Absolutely fantastic experience! Everyone was incredibly nice and the questions were aimed at understanding my thought process and relevant skills (communication, data structures, algorithms, etc...). The interviewers asked interesting system design questions and they were very engaged in the conversation.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

The hiring process was smooth. Initially I was applying for a different team and unfortunately that was filled up before my interview got scheduled. However, I found another interesting position and asked my recruiter to consider me for that new position. The recruiter was very helpful and immediately connected me with the corresponding recruiter.

The whole process finished under 2 weeks. The phone round got scheduled within a week and the experience was good.

Then I had attended 4 round F2F at San Francisco office. It was nice meeting with team members. 2 rounds are technical and 1 design. Another with Senior Director to understand my preferences and interests. That helped me a lot to understand the team and project.