Salesforce Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Salesforce Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.5

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in August 2018.

Interview

I applied to the position. I had an initial screening call, and then had two calls with members of the technical team. I then had an all day technical interview pair programming with another member of the team.

Interview Questions

• I pair programmed with a member of the team. In my opinion this is the correct way to interview candidates, and I considered this to be a sign of a good team.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Remote, OR (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very collegial. I never felt that I was being quizzed or interrogated, but the three in-depth conversations I had with team members were wide-ranging and technical.

My interlocutors ably drew me out in discussing my abilities and work style, and were very communicative about what Salesforce looks for and what the culture of the organization was like. It was one of the lowest-stress interview processes I've taken part in, which seemed to me to reflect my interviewers' confidence in their ability to understand and assess the people they're considering as potential colleagues without descending to Torquemadean pressures. I was impressed.

Interview Questions

• What technical feature do you not know as much about but are excited about learning next?   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

There was a timed (3hr) coding test on a variety of web skills. These are in fact terrifying but it was really a reasonable time period for the tests. I often run out of time but was able to use most of the last hour to triple check my work.

This earned me two (bc two teams) in person interviews. One team asked almost completely behavioral and history questions. Every one was professional. Second team asked some backend questions bc they new I wanted to grow in that direction but also asked a lot of behavioral questions bc culture is HUGE here. Got an offer from the second group that also happened to get me VERY excited about their product!

Interview Questions

• Again, what I had done in the past and how I handled difficult situations. Keep in mind this is a very mature org and egotists are not usually tolerated. 'Certainly not in my corner of this co!   Answer Question
    • Got to show off some memories of both Django ORM and SQLAlchemy. Luckily exact syntax was not expected!   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Tampa, FL (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

Consisted of 3 interviews: 1. general programming questions 2. Actual Complex Coding 3. Onsite with technical and conceptual question

Took about 1 month but communication was great and the questions were hard but fair

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online through LinkedIn for researcher position, and after 1-2 days get a technical phone interview. The phone interview was properly organized by reviewing my background and research work in PhD. I felt that I did well, and quickly get the onsite interview request the same day. The onsite interview was perfectly organized for a researcher position by presenting my research to the whole team and several one-to-one interviews afterward regarding brainstorming and possible area to work on. I felt really well that this would be a perfect place for me.
    I was right and I was notified that there will be an update quickly and I did get the offer.

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

My overall interview experience with Salesforce was very pleasant. There was one phone screen and one remote programming test. I was called onsite where the interviews lated for 6 hours. Overall there were 7 rounds and mostly focusing on designing and programming skill. After the interview got an offer after 1 day.

They pay decently and seems like a good place to work.

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

some are technical but others are not. It varies by dept and interviewers

Interview Questions

• most of them are not so tough. It seems like you will be judged by not just your technical skills but also your personality   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

It was the best interview process I have ever had. Apart from HR people being extremely helpful and working in a high pace (it is so rare this days with bigger companies), the interviews went so light regardless of their complexity. To elaborate, after 5 hours interview I was never tired and talked to my interviewer as if we knew each other for years prior. I think one of the best ideas is to have a break right in the middle of a process when you and some other person from the team go for lunch - it really lets you relax and calm a bit.

Interview Questions

• Use your experience to talk about your work/preferences/technologies - do not simply rely on learning those interview questions from the Internet   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Hyderabad (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

All the rounds were very interactive, interviewers were friendly and they did not treat us like any normal interview candidate. By just having few hours of conversation with different managers i came to know that they treat everyone as equal. I must say Salesforce.com is an employee friendly company. They made candidate so much comfortable with their friendly behavior, i felt like i was discussing some technical issues and my job responsibilities with my seniors (I applied for Technical post).

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about Macbook, IOS, Ubuntu, Linux, Windows server, MDM, Cloud Computing and about Salesforce.com   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

More questions on practical knowledge rather than theoretical. Very detail oriented.
    An assignment for valuation to be completed in limited time.
    Once through with the technical rounds, finally the hiring day where candidates are evaluated on case-study and team-dynamics.
    Through out the process, the interviewers are very professional and make you feel comfortable with the process.