Salesforce Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Salesforce Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (Hyderabad (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

Very efficient and smooth process. On time communication and feedback for interviews from recruiters and hiring manager. Initial screening followed by one coding round and one technical round with three members from different areas (Java, Continuous Integration & Agile)

Interview Questions

• Design and code API for Inventory with given output.
    Project related questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Hyderabad (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process has been very great. The interview consisted of following stages
    1. Hackerrank Test
    2. Two Video call interviews
    3. 4 Onsite rounds - Algorithm / Problem Solving - 2, System Design - 1, Learnability round - where you have to study a topic for about 1 hour and present to a panel.

The interview process has been very well thought-out. Especially, the learnability round was my favorite.

There is no point disclosing the questions. But, prepare well on all the data structures available and a few problem solving questions. For the system design, be prepared to know the depth of everything you 've built so far.

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Salesforce (Hyderabad (India)) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was smooth.
    Prepare for DS and algorithms around arrays and matrices. Design patterns and system design.
    Be frank and ask lots of questions.
    Good co-ordination by hiring manager, co-ordination by HR can certainly be improved.

Interview Questions

• DB joins. Types? Sample query for few?   Answer Question
    • Write the function for level order traversal in a tree?
      Write test cases.   Answer Question
    • Design and code a command line processor. the directory structure should be in cache and commands like mkdir, CD, ls, ls -R, touch, etc should work.
      The program should exit when input is "quit".
      Write test cases.   Answer Question
    • Design iPod shuffle, code the algorithm to shuffle songs in different albums, whereas the albums should always be in sorted order.
      Design and code.
      Every shuffle function call should generate a different sequence of songs than previous.
    • Design book my show.
      DB schema, class diagram.
      How to manage concurrent requests.   Answer Question
    • What's encapsulation?
      Write a function to sort an array in a way to create a zig zag graph if possible.
      The array can have negative and duplicates but is of type integer.

Salesforce Response

30 May 2018 – SVP, Global Recruiting

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with the Glassdooor community. It's always great to read about an interview success story! Welcome to the #SalesforceOhana!
    - Ana Recio... More

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Salesforce (Hyderabad (India)) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview process is a 4 step process starting with online assessment on Force.com platform. Once you score the enough , you have to go through the couple of technical rounds and then the hiring day. The process is very well executed.

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Hyderabad (India)) in June 2018.

Interview

The interview process took nearly 4+ weeks. I had 4 video conferences from Head Quarters and 3 onsite interviews. The take a holistic approach by testing different aspects of your experience.

Interview Questions

• First four rounds had project experience and coding questions were related to BFS, String, Trees and OOPS.

Onsite interviews included High Level Design and Low Level Design Questions.   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2019.

Interview

Online coding assignment (transaction processing with rollback feature) -> F2F 1st round Technical (mostly data structures) -> F2F 2nd round Technical (language specific, for me Java multi-threading) -> F2F 3rd round Managerial (general ability questions)

Interview Questions

• 1st Technical Round:
      Find out longest increasing sequence in nxn Matrix?
      How to traverse binary tree in-orderly without recursion?   1 Answer
    • 2nd Technical Round:
      1. What is a deadlock?
      2. Write a program in Java to produce deadlock scenario?
      3. How to avoid deadlock?
      4. Find you own pattern matching algorithm with O(n) complexity?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to join Salseforce?   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Salesforce (New Delhi (India)) in April 2019.

Interview

Complete process went very smoothly, very proactive communication from recruiter. Interviews were relevant. Had 4 technical rounds all of them went good, interviewers were helpful and humble. After interview also recruiter use to communicate all details.

Interview Questions

• Design generic layout where any business can configure and use their respective application   Answer Question
    • Executor Service or thread pool design   Answer Question
    • Find the max possible perimeter of triangle with given set of sides   Answer Question
    • Generate all possible input arrays for given binary search tree.   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

3 rounds of interview in total.
    1- technical
    2- lead technical
    3- hiring manager

Though I've cleared all 3 rounds, i havent received my offer as they are looking for specific technical experts.
    I'm not sure then why did they select my profile.

I'm not sure to blame recruiter / management.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions are more   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Hyderabad (India)) in June 2018.

Interview

Interview process consists of 4 rounds
    1)online written test
    2) Designing round(Object model designing for a simple system)
    3)Technical round (Apex,Visualforce programming ability)
    4)Cultural fitment Round
    If you are good at Salesforce basics and problem solving then you can easily clear this interview.

Interview Questions

• In the designing round I was asked to design object model for vehicle parking and in the technical round they concentrated on Apex coding skills.   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Salesforce in June 2018.

Interview

I really liked the interview process as all the interview rounds were scheduled on the same day which we really don't see in most of the MNCs interview process. Even the HR and Hiring Manager were very supportive and explained in detail about the process, role or any other question asked to them.

Interview Questions

• There were questions based on all the topics including designing, problem solving, OOPs concepts, scenario based and technical questions of salesforce.   Answer Question