Salesforce Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Salesforce Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.4

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. Spent a whole day, I thought I was on the bubble. Didn't get the job because I didn't "pass the test" so to speak. But no word on which test either then or later. The overall experience was a big turnoff.

Interview Questions

• Given a regular English dictionary, and a word to start with (e.g. "head"), you can only change one letter a time, but every change has to be a word in the dictionary (e.g. head -> heal) What is the quickest way to an end word (e.g. "tail")?   4 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Recruiter, manager, remote programming test, team panel interview by skype, in person interview, VP interview.

Recruiter was awesome, she was on top of everything and took me 1 week to complete everything.

Interview Questions

• How would you test ios app?   2 Answers
    • Describe the testing process for facebook app?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to get what i asked for.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Several stages:

System design: how to design a back end system (with scaling scenarios)

Algorithms: graphs and trees

Programming: Java fundamentals and collections

Architecture: explain a system you built

Databases: ways to address performance and scaling

Work history and culture seemed to be addressed during each stage of the interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

Two one-on-one phone interviews. Then an interview with the entire team. Then a coding challenge that took some hours to complete and submit. It was a pretty thorough interview process, though not as thorough as some other Bay Area companies which often require Computer Science based questions to be answered or coded on the fly.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by an external recruiter who arranged several informal interviews. When it was decided to proceed for a specific job, I had a technical programming exam which was evaluated for style and sophistication. They then flew me to San Francisco for a day of interviews.

Throughout I was very impressed with the professionalism and courtesy. Relative to other very big companies I interviewed with, salesforece.com was by far the best.

Interview Questions

• The programming exam was fairly large and had many ways of doing it. I chose to spend time on the design and proper Object Oriented design of my code and never actually got an executable going. Nevertheless the quality of my code impressed them enough to invite me to in person interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The base salary was firm, but I negotiated a starting bonus of approximately 10% of my annual base, and increased the initial RSU stock grant by 20%.

They were also very flexible with starting date.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

Phone screen by a recruiter. Followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was then invited to give a presentation and was interviewed by 4 people.

Interview Questions

• You're on vacation and you need to provide your boss with input for a presentation to the CEO. What do you do?   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2009.

Interview

The interview process itself is OK. The problem I am having is a few days later their HR called and told me most of the panel members have very positive opinions toward me and she "just need to collect a couple more feedback". And couple days later she said the group I originally interviewed with "had just lost the headcount", and "whether I would consider an opportunity at another group". Seems I was the candidate B for that group and candidate A had just accepted an offer. If that's the case why got my hopes up while in fact a guy was in front of me? Also the group manager I had lunch with had an annoying habit of staring at me constantly.

Interview Questions

• a 2 hours programming exercise with a simple file system command simulator   Answer Question

Has another offer. Does not want to consider another group at salesforce and more delays.

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2009.

Interview

This is a special interview where part of the team I have met before had a good impression of me so they invited me back for a full interview, with a different set of people on the panel. There is a two hour programming tests where you are expected to build a Java class that can satisfy the requirement as specified on a 4 page document. Advice to test takes please do not spend too much time on reading the requirement at the first time, since most likely you will need to come back and review it again. The problem might look simple but it could take the full allotted 2 hours to finish it. My 1:1 sessions started after the programming tests. I had 5 interviewers plus another person taking me for lunch(no interview questions but not sure if part of evaluation).

Interview Questions

• What kind of communicator are you, "mellow" or "aggressive"?   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Hyderabad (India)) in April 2020.

Interview

First, they have a 90 minute Online Assessment on HackerRank platform
    After clearing that, they had a Telephonic Round with a ridiculous interviewer. The interviewer was adamant on NOT LETTING THE CANDIDATE speak anything. Seriously wonder about what sort of culture do they have - clear reflection of the fact that they do not accept any ideas other than their own.
    Happy to get rejected by such a company.

Both coding problems were copied word by word from GeeksForGeeks website, even the examples were copied word by word.

Worst part about the interviewer : He was simply not letting me explain any of my chain of thoughts and ideas - just kept showing off his over-smartness and barely allowed me to speak for both problems.

I had nothing to lose - so I simply told him sternly - Would you let me speak ? Would you let me explain any idea ? Only then I described my thought process.

Such a ridiculous fellow - was simply parroting that I want a consistent algorithm - and no handling of any category of cases !!
    Summarily, he was not even letting me classify the types of inputs into 2-3 categories.

Dude, how the hell do you guys code ?
    Every coding problem has inputs which can be usually classified into 2-3 patterns.

I immediately sent email to the recruiter as well about this ridiculous behavior of interviewer - needless to say - no reply received.

Interview Questions

• Online Assessment on HackerRank:

Given a non-empty string check if it can be constructed by taking a substring of it and appending multiple copies of the substring together. You may assume the given string consists of lowercase English letters only and its length will not exceed 10000.

Input: "abab"
      Output: True
      Explanation: It's the substring "ab" twice.

Input: "aba"
      Output: False
      Example 3:

Input: "abcabcabcabc"
      Output: True
      Explanation: It's the substring "abc" four times. (And the substring "abcabc" twice.)   Answer Question
    • Online Assessment on HackerRank

Given a list of non negative integers, arrange them such that they form the largest number.

Input: [10,2]
      Output: "210"

Input: [3,30,34,5,9]
      Output: "9534330"
      Note: The result may be very large, so you need to return a string instead of an integer.   Answer Question
    • Telephonic Interview:

Given a positive 32-bit integer n, you need to find the smallest 32-bit integer which has exactly the same digits existing in the integer n and is greater in value than n. If no such positive 32-bit integer exists, you need to return -1.

Input: 12
      Output: 21

Input: 21
      Output: -1   1 Answer
    • Telephonic Interview :

Given a string S, check if the letters can be rearranged so that two characters that are adjacent to each other are not the same.

If possible, output any possible result. If not possible, return the empty string.

Input: S = "aab"
      Output: "aba"

Input: S = "aaab"
      Output: ""
      Note:

S will consist of lowercase letters and have length in range [1, 500].   1 Answer

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2019.

Interview

One Hacker rank written test for 2 hours. Followed by 3 technical and 1 techno managerial round. Standard question like any top American software company. If you prepare for other top software companies can easily crack the interview.

Interview Questions

• One question of encoding decoding with 2 hours time and lots of test cases.
      3 round with DS/Algorithms and system design.
      1 round previous experience and cultural fit.   Answer Question