Salesforce Senior Solutions Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Salesforce Senior Solutions Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.7

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

There were a series of short interviews leading up to a panel interview, which was a presentation & demo in role. The panel is challenging and you will be pushed, but the team goes out of its way to help you prepare and make sure you're ready to do your best. A mentor is assigned to help you throughout the way, and the process was very positive and rewarding.

Interview Questions

• There were some challenging "skeptical customer" questions during the panel presentation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Senior Solution Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter who asked a couple of screening questions. On the same call, the recruiter asked to schedule time for me to speak with a hiring manager. The hiring manager called me for a quick 20-minute interview. Afterwards, the recruiter reached out to me to tell me that they would like me to move forward in the interview process with a case study and presentation. I was sent materials for the presentation and a point of contact to guide me through the process. Salesforce gave me a couple weeks to prepare. I then went on-site for an in-person interview with the hiring manager. There were also a couple of others dialed in. I gave my presentation in the span of an hour. The hiring manager called me back after the presentation and scheduled one last phone interview with his upper management who asked similar questions but dug more into my answers.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your past experience will translate over to this new role?   Answer Question

Senior Solution Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

I had my pre-screening call followed by a recruiter call which lead to 3 more calls with the hiring manager and two of the potential team mates. After the 5th call I was given a NO answer. 2 months later, I received an email that the hiring manager wanted to talk to me again so I went through another 2 rounds of interviews, 1 to a panel of 2 where I had to demo and then in person to a panel of 5 which included a presentation and a demo.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for Salesforce?   1 Answer

Senior Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

A handful of phone screenings, in person demo presentation, panel interview - all phases communicated by recruiter and took less than three weeks. Nikki Desai was awesome and very communicative even outside work hours. Their preparation and process is centered around bringing out the best of candidates by enabling them to show their talent - not catch you off guard and try to make you uncomfortable.

Senior Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Had a mixed experience with the Salesforce. Had a hangouts interview with the hiring manager, then 2 more phone interviews with a couple of folks on his team, my would be peers.
    Then they wanted me to come in for the final, presentation round. You're given a case study and need to pitch salesforce to them i.e. the potential client. people assume roles according to the case study.
    I had limited time to prepare, but I thought i did pretty well. There were a few things that I found irksome, however.
    1. The hiring manager had told me that knowing the technology would not be expected as I was an external candidate and had no prior experience with SF. However, during the presentation they kept asking me technical questions, one after the other!!! To the extent that 70% of the questions were technical.
    2. The hiring manager, an Indian guy, seemed like an alpha, very opinionated and kind of a bully.
    3. I had a competing offer and told them their offer was low, especially for NYC. Recruiter told me they will try to negotiate, promised to call me back after discussing with HM and never did. I ended up accepting the other offer, and then i receive a call from the HM, and he proceeds to blame me for not reaching out to him!! I'm like, how broken can their communication process be?
    Did some digging, and I got plenty of warnings about the hiring manager that I got spooked and decided to decline the offer. The low salary and the mental games he played didn't help either.

Interview Questions

• Questions are mostly personality based.   1 Answer

Salesforce Response

27 Oct 2017 – SVP, Global Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your experience and bringing this to our attention. I have flagged your feedback with the appropriate recruiting and hiring teams to immediately address the concerns you raised... More

Senior Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The first stage was a phone interview for 30 min, reviewing my background, why do I want to work at SF, as well as making sure I know and relate to the company's core values and am knowledgeable of what makes SF different.
    The second step was a peer-review meeting with the team members, mostly questions about myself, my professional background as well as getting to know the other team members. The last stage was a sales demo simulation, definitely the hardest part which required a lot of effort and prep time. Overall it was a great experience, they were very transparent, provided a lot of information about the process and were very communicative throughout the process.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was 3 phone calls and 1 in-person demonstration of the Service Cloud product to a panel of directors. The 1st phone conversation with Salesforce's senior recruiter. We spoke about my resume, why I'm looking at a new opportunity in my career, and details about the position. The 2nd interview was with my soon to be manager. We spoke about the same details again, but focused a little more on my skills as a sales engineer. The 3rd interview was with a senior director in my department. Again, it was almost the same conversation as the 2nd phone call. Finally, they decided to call me into their Chicago office to do a live demo of the Service Cloud product using a case study that was provided. This would have been very challenging, if it were not for my 4 years of working as sales engineer at a startup company. It is timed for about 1 hour and you have to prepare around 10 mins for introductions, 40 mins of product demo, and 10 mins of Q&A. However, they interrupt your flow to see how you respond to role play situations. Due to my experience in sales engineering, I was able to handle this very well.

Interview Questions

• - How do you handle working with difficult team members?
      - Why do you want to work with us?
      - What do you know about our company?
      - Do you have any questions for us? (Make sure you have plenty of good questions to ask)   Answer Question

Senior Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

The process was professional, respectful, and, dare I say it? Pleasant. The recruiters and HR folks have been incredibly responsive and supportive, which is a breath of fresh air compared to my past experiences at other companies. After my initial talk with the recruiter, I spoke to the hiring manager, who then asked that I speak to three other members of his team in a marathon 90-minute video call. 90 minutes is a long time to talk about yourself and ask questions about a business, but the conversation never wavered and I felt at home immediately. The Ohana culture is no joke! I felt it even more when I went into the office for a panel presentation. There were two people in the room with me, and 5 on a video call. Again, it was pleasant, and even a little fun. I got great feedback and look forward to working with everyone.

Interview Questions

Salesforce Response

14 Mar 2018 – SVP, Global Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your experience. It's great to hear that you felt our Ohana culture in the interview process – it's at the heart of everything we do. We're delighted to know you even had some... More

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Process was extremely thorough and definitely helped me understand the nature of the role and weather or not I would like it. I had 3 conversations with managers within the team followed by mock discovery and demo. They assigned me a coach once I got to the mock portion of the interview which was tremendously helpful. Overall, one of the best recruiting experiences I’ve ever had.

Interview Questions

• Give me the elevator pitch for your current company. Ok, now give me AN elevator pitch for Salesforce.   Answer Question

Senior Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

I had an initial call with the director of the group, then 2 calls the next day with managers from the group. Less than a week later I was doing my in-person panel demonstration. The panel demo consisted of a 45 presentation of the solution. They are focusing on how you present and tie the functionality of the software back to the business case they have outlined. This is not a "how much technical info do you know" session. I had zero Salesforce experience before applying (used Trailhead to train up). I did have a lot of SE experience presenting which is what they focused on. They will give you a coach to help prep the demo. Take advantage of the coach. I had an initial call to cover what I would be presenting and 2 dry runs.

Interview Questions

• Describe the Sales cycle of your previous company and your role in it.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.