Salesforce Senior Solutions Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Salesforce Senior Solutions Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.6

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

There were a series of short interviews leading up to a panel interview, which was a presentation & demo in role. The panel is challenging and you will be pushed, but the team goes out of its way to help you prepare and make sure you're ready to do your best. A mentor is assigned to help you throughout the way, and the process was very positive and rewarding.

Interview Questions

• There were some challenging "skeptical customer" questions during the panel presentation.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Senior Solution Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter who asked a couple of screening questions. On the same call, the recruiter asked to schedule time for me to speak with a hiring manager. The hiring manager called me for a quick 20-minute interview. Afterwards, the recruiter reached out to me to tell me that they would like me to move forward in the interview process with a case study and presentation. I was sent materials for the presentation and a point of contact to guide me through the process. Salesforce gave me a couple weeks to prepare. I then went on-site for an in-person interview with the hiring manager. There were also a couple of others dialed in. I gave my presentation in the span of an hour. The hiring manager called me back after the presentation and scheduled one last phone interview with his upper management who asked similar questions but dug more into my answers.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your past experience will translate over to this new role?   2 Answers

Senior Solution Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

I had my pre-screening call followed by a recruiter call which lead to 3 more calls with the hiring manager and two of the potential team mates. After the 5th call I was given a NO answer. 2 months later, I received an email that the hiring manager wanted to talk to me again so I went through another 2 rounds of interviews, 1 to a panel of 2 where I had to demo and then in person to a panel of 5 which included a presentation and a demo.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for Salesforce?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Professional and transparent. The recruiter did a great job keeping me in the loop and all the material for the final presentation was helpful. I was given proper resources to both practice the presentation as well as learn about the company.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with the technical side?   1 Answer

Senior Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in March 2019.

Interview

Definitely an involved process! My interview process took place over ~1 month and involved 5 skype interviews after my initial recruiter screening call, and culminated in an onsite case study presentation + demo. Despite the longer process and the amount of time you need to dedicate to it, this is an amazing and extremely supportive/welcoming process. My recruiter was communicative, friendly, and available whenever I had a quick question. My hiring manager truly wanted me to succeed, and dedicated time to answering my questions and giving me feedback to help me nail the final demo. My demo coach was willing to meet outside of normal work hours to accommodate my restraints from my current job.

My advice: take advantage of your demo coach(es)! Engage them in your preparation early and often. They have great insight and are there to help you have the best possible presentation.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage difficult clients? Tell us about a time when you've overcome a roadblock/issue caused by a difficult client.   Answer Question

Senior Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in April 2019.

Interview

Applied through an employee referral. The entire process felt organic, extremely well organized, and relevant to the job role. The panel preparation and final presentation simulated closely what a day in the life of an SE may look like, and mentors/interviewers went above and beyond expectations to ensure candidates are fully prepared and comfortable with the process.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous experience using Salesforce?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to sell a product to stakeholders who didn’t see the value in the product?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Phone screen with the recruiting team, 2-3 phone interviews with colleagues in the same role, phone interview with manager, phone interview with Director over the SE group, and then in person case study demo & PPT presentation to a panel of Salesforce SE team members

Interview Questions

• Case study related to a fictitious hospital   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

The interview consists of three distinct parts: an individualized phone interview, a multi-person peer review through video-conferencing, and a final technical demonstration. The first two interviews are personality and skill assessments. The final interview highlights your ability to adapt, manage high level people, and how to extract relatable value to an audience.

Interview Questions

• Why you, why the role, why the company?   1 Answer

Senior Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

The interview process went very smoothly, and overall time from the first contact with the HR recruiter to final round of interviews was 2 weeks. I was very pleased with the overall process. Everyone was friendly and helpful, including the recruiter, the hiring manager, and the senior leaders. I really felt like this was a two-way interview (Salesforce interviewing me to determine my fit for the role, and me interviewing Salesforce to determine my fit with the team). I enjoyed all of my conversations, and I was very thrilled that the hiring manager set aside her own personal time to help me prepare for my final panel interview and presentation. I was excited for each step of the interview process, and as I continued to meet more members of the team, my excitement increased because it felt like a supportive dynamic and a team that I can provide my own contributions while expanding my own skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      How does your experience align with the role?
      What do you know about healthcare and life sciences?
      What questions do you have for me?   Answer Question

Senior Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

The process was professional, respectful, and, dare I say it? Pleasant. The recruiters and HR folks have been incredibly responsive and supportive, which is a breath of fresh air compared to my past experiences at other companies. After my initial talk with the recruiter, I spoke to the hiring manager, who then asked that I speak to three other members of his team in a marathon 90-minute video call. 90 minutes is a long time to talk about yourself and ask questions about a business, but the conversation never wavered and I felt at home immediately. The Ohana culture is no joke! I felt it even more when I went into the office for a panel presentation. There were two people in the room with me, and 5 on a video call. Again, it was pleasant, and even a little fun. I got great feedback and look forward to working with everyone.

Interview Questions

Salesforce Response

14 Mar 2018 – SVP, Global Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your experience. It's great to hear that you felt our Ohana culture in the interview process – it's at the heart of everything we do. We're delighted to know you even had some... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.