Salesforce Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Salesforce Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Burlington, MA (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Call with a Recruiter
Call with a Manager
Hacker rank challenge
On-site if you complete the challenge
4 hours interview
1 hour each and it's all white board
My recruiter was the best Recruiter I've worked with so far she was extremely helpful.
She gave me her phone number so that we can just talk via text instead of sending an email and waiting for response. Overall I was incredibly great experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Hiring manager, coding assessment, panel of interviews with a mix of technical and situational questions. My recruiter Shobana Ayyar was very helpful and quick to respond in all stages of the process. Overall it was a great experience, and I'm very happy in my new role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about something you are proud of in your recent work.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2008.

Interview

A friend referred me, they give out bonus for referrals so I gave my resume to him and he passed it on. I got a call from a recruiter who setup an hour long phone screen with a manager. The manager talked to me for a bit about what salesforce does and what his team does in particular, so I got the idea I was interviewing for his team in particular.

We talked about my current job a bit, how aggressively I was looking for a new one, and then he asked a few general conceptual uestions that anybody who had real experience would be able to answer. Then the recruiter set up a day a week later for me to come in and be interrviewed in person.

The all day interview consisted of 3 interviews with other developers, lunch with the manager, and a programming test. The test itself was quite easy, seems like it was more just to ensure that I actually had the experience I said I had. Lunch was good and we talked a lot about why I was looking for a new job and what the team was looking for. They also made clear that if it wasnt a fit for their team but they liked me that they would pass my resume on to other teams.

I was asked a lot of questions, from whiteboarding code to conceptual stuff. One of the interviewers asked real hard questions and we actually got into some interesting discussion, I guess that sealed the deal. I was given an offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviewers asked me to write two algorithms for parsing xml, one that was as memory efficient as possible, the other that was as optimized as possible.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, they have all the standard benefits and were offering me more than I was making, so I took the job.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

Gave my résumé at the college career fair. A couple of weeks later I got an email from human resources informing me of scheduling a phone interview.

The first interview was more technical. First going through your CV and explaining anything they find interesting.

They were very nice and the whole process was pretty cool.

Later on you have more of a behavioural interview, but you might be asked some technical stuff.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and Pardot's technical recruiter contacted me by email that same day to schedule a phone interview with him. The phone interview was straightforward and low stress.

After the interview I was given a take-home coding exercise which didn't take more than an hour or two to complete. The exercise wasn't difficult by any means but the instructions and goal of the exercise were somewhat unclear and confusing.

After I submitted my solution for the exercise I was scheduled for a 45 minute phone interview with an engineer. During the interview we had some brief introductions and I was asked to write an algorithm to solve a problem and unit test it over a shared screen. The problem they give is easy. Laughably easy. Anyone with even a slight amount of coding ability should have zero trouble with it. The rest of the time was spent with me asking various questions about Pardot and the open position.

The final step was an on-site interview consisting of two rounds. Each round was an hour long with two interviewers in each round. The interviewers were a mixture of senior engineers and engineering managers. I was asked about my experience and about a few things from my resume. During the technical portion I was asked some basic SQL questions. I was given the schemas for some tables and asked to write a query that would get data out of them. I was also asked to write code to solve a problem which involved tree traversal. I was also given several design questions.

Three days after the final interview the recruiter called to give me a verbal offer.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that will print the nodes of a tree in level order.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in November 2011.

Interview

Typical tech programming interview like any other big company. The process took little over 2 weeks. I applied online and the recruiter contacted me. Set up phone screen. And 4-5 onsite interviews. Onsite programming test was conducted. This was something different than other companies. You get 2 hours to code and a problem statement along with expected input and output is given. They typically ask to code in java but if you can choose a different language if you are not comfortable in java.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate as this was my first job.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Salesforce in November 2014.

Interview

I met with a recruiter on campus through a career fair. They took a copy of my resume. Around a week later I received an email about setting up a phone interview. The interview was pretty easy. Couple of technical questions like how to get the unique items from an array, How to keep track of the max and min numbers from a continuous stream of numbers. I solved the problems in python. The interviewer insisted I redo it in Java, which I found odd.

Interview Questions

• Get unique items from an array   1 Answer
    • How to keep track of max and min numbers from a continuous stream of numbers   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in November 2014.

Interview

Got email from HR to schedule phone interview.

First round was a walk through the course work and resume.
    One coding question : Get remainder string after a sub string.
    Example: inputStr = "abcde" subStr = "cd" return = "e"

Secound round was another technical round. The interviewer was not clear with his question.
    Max repeated character which occurs at a time first index..
    Example: aabbaaa output: 4

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in November 2014.

Interview

On campus recruiting. The process took 3-4 weeks. Phone interview lasted 1 hour. The interviewer was actually very nice and helpful. Was asked about some basic concept questions like what it means to be static/superclass/object-oriented language. Followed by a structured on-lone coding question on determining if parenthesis is balanced in a given line of text.

Interview Questions

• Questions were generally standard and straightforward   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The process of scheduling interview is really messy in this company, although I really liked the company initially. Very negative experience. No technical question at all, the interviewer was Indian and I Could Not tell his words.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.