Salesforce Strategic Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Salesforce Strategic Account Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.5

Strategic Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Various calls with leaders across the team, then eventually an in person panel review. Also spent a lot of time with future peers to get a solid understanding of the pros/cons of the role. Definitely suggest candidates pursue this route.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

I worked with my initial recruiter Keaka Hashimoto, who was quite literally one of the best recruiters that I have ever worked with in my career. I proactively reached out to him looking to land my dream job at Salesforce.

Keaka went to work right away and got me sent over to another recruiter that got me in front of a hiring manager. All of that took about a week, it was fast! That being said, while the hiring manager (RVP) wanted to hire me right away, he ended up not getting the open req and I was left to wait.

While waiting for the req to get released and even though I had another recruiter working with me on the role, Keaka took proactive steps to continue to look for other roles for me. In the end, he found me a much better role working with the Enterprise team (carrying the full bag) and working with Strategic Accounts (which is the best role in sales). He put me into the process right away and a few short weeks later I was hired.

Now for the process I will strip out the waiting that I personally did by my own choice and just give you the basics.

It all starts with the recruiter, make sure you are using someone and I highly recommend that you search for Keaka and connect with him. From there he will screen you and if you make it past him he will send you to another recruiter that will also screen you before you speak to the hiring manager. This can be a very quick process and take less than a week. From there you have a phone interview with the hiring manager and that may lead to another call with their VP or others. This could take another week or more as well. After that, you should be invited in for a Stand and Deliever presentation. You will typically present around the product that you will be selling. If ou are going to carry the full bag then they have you present to a random product that they choose. In my case it was around marketing cloud. In my case, I flew to corporate and met with the hiring manager and team there for the presentation. They took care of all of the expenses, put you up in a nice hotel, etc.

After the stand and deliever it was less than a week until I had my offer letter. Once signed, you go through a background check. I started in my role as the background check was being processed and a few days in I received a note from my secondary recruiter advising me that the background check had cleared. Further, the background check company sent me full emails of the check. I could view them online but I also received a hard copy in the mail.

Interview Questions

Salesforce Response

22 Mar 2018 – SVP, Global Recruiting

Thank you for taking time to share these details with the Glassdoor community! It was great to read your success story. I especially love to hear that our recruiters created a personalized and... More

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

The interview was pleasant yet rigorous. Questions were relevant and comprehensive. Interviewers were very professional and enthusiastic about Salesforce. Interviewers came in prepared and made every effort to make sure any questions I had were answered.

Interview Questions

• Basic level: "How many accounts did you cover? who did you sell to - Industry and role of buyer? average deal size?
      More complex questions: Tell me about a deal you closed; Tell me about a complex deal you were involved in; How would you position Salesforce to a potential buyer? What's your added value to a the team?   Answer Question

Strategic Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (Irvine, CA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

I had multiple phone interviews from human resources, peers performing my role in other geographies, supporting team mates on the technical side of the house and a final Stand and Deliver Sales Presentation.

They focused equally on the required skills to perform the job as much as your individual personality to fit into the Sales Force culture.

Interview Questions

• Role played sales presentation to a respective account/industry   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

I spoke with two internal recruiter, the hiring manager, the sales team and had a final Stand and Deliver meeting with the sales team and VP. I also met the SVP of the group. Overall it was a straight forward process and it aligned with what the recruiter shared and how the process would unfold.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Salesforce? What do you know of Salesforce? Why does this position interest you?   Answer Question

Strategic Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Irvine, CA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

The interview process was thorough, it moved quickly, and it gave me a very clear understanding of the role, expectations, and fit for me with the company, manager, territory, and team. Overall it was a positive and insightful experience.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with team selling where you are not the 'prime' or lead rep on an account? Did you have difficulty with other reps and how did you handle it.   1 Answer

Strategic Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (West Chester, PA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Extremely respectful and productive interview process. I met with HR, my hiring manager, several peers and prospective team members and when I asked to meet some of my top stakeholders, I was granted several additional interviews and a demo to begin building relationships & understanding in advance of starting with the company. Everyone was direct, honest transparent, and thoughtful. It was a very good process!

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my experience and what I was looking to do in my next role. They also asked me what was important to me and shared what they were looking to build.   2 Answers

Strategic Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Reston, VA (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Referred by current Salesforce staff. Friendly and professional interviews the entire time. Everyone at the office who I spoke to was excited and genuine about their experience. They were having an office party during my interview and random people came up to me and offered me "Ohana pizza" which was a really nice experience and made me realize that it was an inclusive working environment. Was provided a use case to create a presentation deck for my final interview and it was pretty straight forward if you understand CRM and the customer challenges for the market you are being hired into. Offer was made shortly after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What challenges are the customers (in the market I was being hired into) facing with current systems and how can CRM/SaaS be a potential solution?   Answer Question
    • Describe the process in which an organization is going through a SaaS/Cloud transformation and how you are able to support the customer through that process.   Answer Question

Strategic Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Boston, MA (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

I had an initial screening interview with the recruiter, then a half hour interview with my would be manager and then another half hour interview with his manager. From there I had a final interview where I had to present a slide deck based on an agenda they put together. It was a very well run process and quick, a total of 3 weeks from first interview to offer.

Interview Questions

• Move of a conversation on selling style and prospecting and discovery. One question that was interesting was "what is something you recently learned about"?   1 Answer

Strategic Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Salesforce (Louisville, KY (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Great Team all the way and it took 6+ weeks from start to finish. Everyone involved has been great throughout the process and the recruiting team gets special kudos for being super responsive and being super helpful.

Interview Questions

• Presenting a Strategic Plan for 90 minutes with Q&A through out to a panel   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.