Salesforce Strategic Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 15 Jun 2019

3.4

50 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

Seven-week process: Initiated through a salesforce employee referral in conjunction with on-line application. (2) phone discussions with recruiting. (2) phone interviews with RVP hiring manager, followed by a F2F interview. Final interview with AVP. Offered issued one week thereafter. Sequence was managed very well by recruiting team.

Interview Questions

• What processes and methods would you use to ensure success in your role?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Initial conversation with recruiter, then 2 calls within the week with solution engineer lead and account manager on team . Met with hiring manager in person then traveled to meet VP. In total about 3 weeks. Spoke frequently with the recruiter who prepared me for each call and then provided feedback. All in all very good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why salesforce and why now? Why I think I'd be fit in the Salesforce culture? Had to walk through a deal at previou job.   Answer Question

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

Spoke with the HR contact, it was 20 minutes long call, she wasn't very cooperative.
    Asked me 2-3 questions and referred me to the hiring manager.
    After a week I spoke with the Hiring manager on the phone, again, not very cooperative.
    He asked me a few questions and the call was cut short.

Interview Questions

• How do you think Salesforce should optimize its mobile strategy in terms of reaching out to new customers?   1 Answer

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Five individual interviews, interview questions focused around the largest deals you have closed, the process you took to close those deals, how you attack your accounts and territory. The interviews were followed by an in person group presentation.

Interview Questions

• What is the largest opportunity you have closed? What steps did you take to identify the opportunity and explain the overall process from start to finish.   Answer Question

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I connected via a referral. There were 6 interviews. Some were remote and others face to face. I spoke with the Salesforce recruiter each step of the way. He was also one of the first interviews. It seemed to be a very logical and reasonable process. It was the most professionally handled interview experience I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• They asked about how I approach selling, using a real world customer example. They asked other questions about my history and experience, inquiring how I could apply that knowledge going forward.   Answer Question

Salesforce Response

29 Mar 2017 – SVP, Global Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to share your success story! Welcome to the #SalesforceOhana! - Ana Recio, SVP of Global Recruiting

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

One of the best interview experiences I've had. They were very transparent about the process and want to make sure you're prepared to knock it out of the park. After a nice lunch which also served as a panel interview, we jumped into the presentation phase. Preparation and practice are keys to success in this role play excercise.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were very professional and based on experience in specific situations. They also spent a lot of time discussing potential fit within the team and the overall Salesforce family.   Answer Question

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

I interviewed for a Strategic Account Manager role based out of the Chicago office. From the beginning, I was very impressed with the level of care, professionalism, and interest that the recruiter had towards me as a candidate.

The process began when a sourcing recruiter reached out on LinkedIn and an initial phone screen. From there, I had an initial phone screen with the hiring recruiter who helped guide me throughout the rest of the process. I then had four phone interview with different stakeholders for the role (including my new manager). This process then culminated in an onsite with a round of interviews with three different individuals and lunch with a Salesforce executive. The final step was to prepare an account strategy document that I presented to the Salesforce executive a few days later via webex.

Overall, the experience was very fast and along the way I was regularly updated with status updates. I am very excited to have joined the Ohana!

Interview Questions

• Give me a specific example of a time when you were able to successfully build relationships with customers with the business and outside of IT.   Answer Question

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce in November 2018.

Interview

The whole process took about 60 days from initial contact with recruiter to an offer. I interviewed with my would be boss a couple times (initial call, then a face to face). Then I had an hour long call with with a director from the solution engineering team to talk about product knowledge, how I would leverage extended sales resources, etc. After that I spoke with two other RVPs, a phone call with my would be AVP and then I met the AVP 1-1. Throughout the process I was in touch with my would be boss and recruiter once a week or so with small updates.

At times I felt like the process was kind of dragging on, but it was really beneficial to get to speak to a lot of different team members. I genuinely felt like they all exemplified the Salesforce “Ohana” mentality and it was clear they are “A” players. That really got me excited knowing I would be working with the best of the best. Once the interview process was over as far as meetings, the call that I had gotten the job happened really quickly which was nice as well. It felt like the Salesforce team did their diligence and once that was done, made the decision. Can’t ask for more than that.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage the political landscape inside large accounts to get deals done?   Answer Question
    • How do you leverage your internal extended teams to drive big deals?   Answer Question
    • What’s an example of a deal that was 100% going to close and then went sideways? How did you manage that?   Answer Question
    • How can you use Salesforce’s recent acquisitions to create more strategic deals?   Answer Question

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

One of the best experiences ever. The lead recruiter and team were so easy to work with, really amazing people that love their job and really do care about you.

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Remote, OR (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Mine was unique due to how I acquired the interview so I started with a senior talent acquisition specialist who was amazing and became my guide through the whole process. Then I spoke with an AVP, two RVPs, and met with a highly experienced SE. Everyone was great! The AVP and RVPs put me through the ringer but it was invigorating.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a complex sale you closed   1 Answer
    • If your current boss was talking to me about you what would she say 2 strengths and 2 areas of improvement are?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you lost a deal. What happened and what did you learn from it.   1 Answer
    • Will you make your number this year in your current job? How?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.