Salesforce Technical Architect Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 11 Mar 2019

3.5

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Salesforce (Austin, TX (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by hiring manager about position, gave an hour interview with him, then an hour interview with a program manager. After that, salary negotiations were held. This occurred during a period of growth for Salesforce, and after beginning the position, I felt I better understood why I was selected for the role and why I was able to quickly enter the job.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain your technical solutions to both business and engineering audiences?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Technical Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

There were 7 interviews and screenings total. All interviews were remote via phone or video except for the final interview, which was in-person at the San Francisco headquarters. The hardest part was cutting through the other candidates and getting the initial call back given the sheer number of candidates they hear from, but I was referred by another employee which made a big difference. All of the phone interviews were to analyze experience and culture fit from different roles and perspectives throughout the organization. They were each clear to make sure this role was a good fit for me, which I appreciated, as well as to understand my qualifications. There were no tricks or "guess how many ping pong balls fit in a car" types of questions. If you are well qualified for the role, have examples ready, be professional but also conversational and have questions ready to ask them. The final interview asked me to prepare a 45 minute panel presentation with case notes provided and not much else, so I'd recommend researching and practicing extensively. Great process all in all, everyone was nice and their due diligence was a great sign of their work ethic and standards.

Interview Questions

• Preparing for the panel interview. There wasn't just one question, but this was a process I had to make from scratch and practice extensively. Being resourceful to put the deck together, prepared and polished was important and took a lot of time.   Answer Question

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

It was the best process I was a part of because everything was so transparent. Thanks to David for awesome support and guidance throughout the process. Process took time as expected.

Interview Questions

• All queries based on past experiance and new emerging technologies related to the Job Functions, for which I applied.   Answer Question

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (Santa Monica, CA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

A very helpful phone screen with recruiter, where he identified my skills and career goals and recommended the right role for me with Salesforce. Two phone interviews with Sr. Technical Architect and Engagement Manager. One panel interview with presentation.

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter contacted me the next day. After a 20 minute conversation with her, I had a 30 minute call with the hiring manager (covering everything from my work experience to technical knowledge and personality/culture questions). They gave me a technical topic to cover in an online panel presentation (20 minute presentation, followed by questions about the presentation from the whole group). It ended up being an hour. I had a final call with the hiring manager a week or so later which was pretty quick. I got the offer later that day. The whole process took about 7 weeks. Everyone I spoke to was super passionate, knowledgeable, and inclusive. I felt welcomed by the team right away and I'm really looking forward to my first day.

Interview Questions

• How would you assemble the ideal team to build this product?   Answer Question

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

I had 5 interviews, all were remote by phone or video.
    The first interview was to check my CV, current salary and to see if I fit in the position.
    The second interview was with a person who currently occupies the same position to which I was applying.
    The third interview was about consulting skills with a Solutions Architect.
    For the fourth interview they asked me to prepare a 30-minute presentation with an overview of a particular project in were I worked as a technical architect.
    The last interview was a telephone conversation with the VP.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to explain theoretically how a Single Sign On solution works.   Answer Question
    • They asked me to explain the advantages and disadvantages of IaaS, SaaS and PaaS.   Answer Question
    • They asked me how I would solve some hypothetical situations in a project.   Answer Question

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

I had a bit of a roundabout interview process, starting with an informal meeting with a referring colleague for a different position. Generally though, the process seems to be - HR Screening call, then a round of video interviews with the hiring manager, with some technical questions. Then a final on-site technical interview. Normally, I would expect more on-site interviews, with some form of "super" day.

Interview Questions

• There were a couple of open-ended SQL questions involving different kinds of joins and nested selects. The question was designed just to gauge the candidate's familiarity with SQL syntax. There were also a number of logic questions, written out in excel. They change them regularly.   Answer Question

Technical Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

3 x phone / skype interviews with recruiter, peer and hiring manager. Panel interview with three assessors including delivering a presentation about salesforce and a demo of the system. Another phone interview with EMEA VP, then offer.

Interview questions as expected, panel interview and demo was challenging, but a realistic simulation of the role.

Interview Questions

• How salesforce could benefit an imaginary company (case study provided).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (London, England) in August 2015.

Interview

I was originally contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn. The first stage was that I had a screening call with the recruiter after I had sent them my CV. This screening call was really just to qualify my background and suitability and focussed on my past experience and future aspirations.
    The next stage was a 30 min technical interview conducted over the phone. This did not go into any great technical detail, but did include questions covering a wide range of architectural topics.
    After this there was a 30 min non-technical interview with the hiring manager. This was very open and felt more like a discussion than an interview. It was focussed on my previous customer facing and consulting experience, together with whether I would be a good cultural fit for Salesforce.
    The final step was the panel interview. This was really a role-play, about a week before the interview I was given a scenario and had to prepare a presentation to a hypothetical customer introducing Salesforce and proposing how Salesforce could be used to fulfil their requirements. I also had to give a demo of Salesforce. I was given advice on a separate call on how to prepare for the interview, and what the panel would be looking for. On the day I had a panel of about five people who all assumed customer roles such as VP of Sales. The key to this interview was to prepare well. I had no prior experience of Salesforce, but was easily able to configure the product to be able to demo what was asked. I was expecting to be given a really rough time, but in reality this was not the case.
    After this step I received my offer, but at my request I also had an additional 1:1 interview with the hiring manager to go through some more questions.
    At all stages I had the opportunity to ask as many questions as I wanted and the recruiter kept me informed of progress. The whole process took about four weeks, mainly due to difficulties in aligning people's calendars. Originally I was contacted out of the blue and was not interested in changing job, but the professionalism and enthusiasm of the recruiting team convinced me, and 3 months in to my new job I'm very glad they did.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (London, England) in October 2017.

Interview

The process started with an email from a recruiter, and I went through a series of phone interviews where my technical and soft skills were evaluated. The last and most critical step is the final onsite presentation where you get evaluated by a group of senior members of the organization you are going to join.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.