Sam's Club Interview Questions

Updated 8 Feb 2016

2.2

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Savannah, GA (US)).

Interview

Quick interview process. Once background check clears (about a week) I got a call. Easy interview and nothing complicated. Two managers asked me questions and it lasted about 45 minutes.

Cafe Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Tampa, FL (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Super quick not even sure what position I was interviewing for! I was called in am to come in for afternoon interview. N Very nice man and everyone at store super nice. cant say enough how they present themselves to the public as so great!

Interview Questions

• How would I make a customers experience good?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

was easy talked, did three interviews in the same day and got the offer. the process was long and took up most of the day. went to an offsite center to take the drug test, passed and started working the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the hardest part of this job will be?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Columbia, SC (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Not much of an interview, he just really explained what the job entitled and asked if I was capable of doing it. I had prior cashiering experience so he didn't really get into depth about much. Just a big part of what they want you to do is try to get people to upgrade to the plus membership card. They will want you to tell them how you would sell the card to them(benefits and etc) of course they try to sell it to you first so you can spin it your way. Very easy.

Interview Questions

• Can you upsell our customers and try to get them to upgrade to the SAMs Plus Card   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

Applied online with open availability. Called in for interview, mgr reviewed my application. Talked about some of my past jobs. She asked several how would you handle certain situation questions. She told me I was interviewing for a part time position which everyone starts out at. 30 hours usual per week. Offered job that day without 2nd interview. Took drug test same day. Called 5 days later and told me when to report for orientation.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to handle a bad situation what did you do and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Brandon, FL (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a call a month later to come in for an interview. It was one on one with a manager, who was very friendly and welcoming. Interview lasted about 15 minutes, 3 questions were asked, and a job offer was given. I was sent for a drug test and was given a schedule for orientation.

Interview Questions

• Describe previous job experience.   Answer Question
    • What was a time when you had to help someone with a quick solution?   Answer Question
    • If you had a big project or something related, how would you go about completing it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Fort Worth, TX (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

Very easy, I applied online, and got a call a few days later, I was called to come in the next day for an interview I got interviewed by a manager, and then I was passed on to another manager for another "interview" which was really not an interview he just talked the whole time. After the interview I had to fill out some paperwork and they submitted a background check and sent me off to go take my drug test then about 2 weeks later they called for me to come and do my training

Baker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Farmington Hills, MI (US)).

Interview

easy they seem to hire people I never would hire anyone. If you know management you will get the job as long as you can pass drug test. No need to dress up come as is whats important is who you know. There was a lot of people that pass the interview but could not pass the drug test so that would be the hardest part because they send you right out to do the drug test.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you knew someone was stealing   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Vernon Hills, IL (US)).

Interview

You sit and wait for 2hours for 5seconds with a team lead than they try to get you to come back in 2 weeks for another with management. It is painful when the people who are the interviewers and literally just standing around doing nothing instead of taking half a moment and handling the 5 seconds worth of conversation. Oh and don't stress they aren't trained in interviewing either... at all. Not even managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask for more than you want

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

I applied online, then I received a phone call for a interview the next day. I want in the interview was very easy. I was called the same day to schedule a drug test. I did my drug text an began to train the next week.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.