Samsung Electronics America Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Samsung Electronics America Interview Questions

Interviews at Samsung Electronics America

2.8

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America in July 2020.

Interview

The interview process was good, first they send out a Online test and select the candidates, this is from hackerrank. Practice all sorts of questions.
    Second they have an online machine learning test. Read how to solve problems and theory very well. Then coding interview which is on video and lastly an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Reinforcement learning. Basic questions on machine learning from your university.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America.

Interview

Applied through reference. Initial phone screening then flown out for in-person interview. Had to present on the different modules of a smartphone. Panel of 5 people ranging from managers to engineers.

Talent Acquisition Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America.

Interview

For the second time, a Samsung recruiter found me on LinkedIn and wanted to talk about a “private search.”

Interview was straight-forward and the recruiter (who works as a contractor) told me that my candidacy was very strong; she spent 30 of the 45 minutes trying to sell me on the company.

Following a great interview, I get an email 3 days later asking me how many years experience I had because the role required at least 12. After responding and confirming I met that criteria, I never heard from the recruiter, again.

This was the second time this exact situation has played out with this company. The same thing happened to me in 2017 with these unprofessional recruiters/contractors.

The experience of being ghosted by both recruiters, despite each of them telling me I was the “strongest candidate they interviewed,” has led to me never using a Samsung product.

If their recruitment process is indicative of the quality of their products, I’d expect a lot of talk about quality before the product breaks in four days and customer service hangs up the phone on you whenever you call.

Tip: take candidate experience seriously because your current process is a joke. If you are going to reach out to passive candidates on LinkedIn, don’t ghost them (twice)-because if you do, you can guarantee those candidates won’t apply at your company when they become active candidates and they are FAR less likely to purchase your products.

Interview Questions

• General questions on data, leading, engaging a team, conflict management   Answer Question

Senior Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (New York, NY (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

I applied to an open role through linked in and had a 30 minute screen with a contractor working for talent acquisition- it was a one way discussion as that person knew nothing other than what was written on the job description. A week later I was scheduled for a video with a higher level talent person. I set up for the video but that person called in late from a different state was also a contractor but was able to answer some very basic questions about problems on the team that lead to the job becoming open. I was also warned it would take a week and a half for a follow up. That was 3 weeks ago. This is a pretty senior job. I sent an email 3 days ago to the recruiting coordinator and received no reply. If this is an indication of how they keep their candidates warm through the process my conclusion is they probably deserve the low Glassdoor scores they have. You can’t hire top talent this way. I assume I’ll get a form email rejection sometime or another - no need for me to apply there again.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America.

Interview

Starting from the initial interview with the HR person to the hiring manager were all smooth , straight forward and focused on the role and expertise the candidate brings in. Had 4 interviews separately with the team members as well as a final interview with the VP of the division.

Interview Questions

• Why are you joining our organization? What motivates you to come join us?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about yourself and your background so we can know more about yourself.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Samsung recruiting emailed me about a marketing position. I interviewed over the phone with recruiter and hiring leader almost immediately. Was then asked to come in to interview for half a day on 4 days notice.

I asked for emails to send follow ups to people I interviewed with and recruiter said she didn't give out emails (I found this very odd)

Follow up was atrocious. Reached out 3 times and was told making decisions today and get back to you. Then a form email saying no.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Austin, TX (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied online from another state. Had 4 interviews. First 3 were phone interviews & 4th was an expense paid flight & onsite interview at Samsung. Was disappointed to fly across the country & not even get a site tour. Just 2 rounds of interviews in a meeting room. First round with other employees in the role you're applying role. Second round is with leads/managers.

For a less experienced position, they don't ask any questions about semiconductors or their process. Almost all of their questions are about your previous experience in detail, see examples below.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a process improvement project you've done. Did you consider XYZ?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about me a time you addressed a problem in your current job. Why didn't you XYZ? Could the problem happen again in the future with this solution?   Answer Question
    • What do you do to monitor process health in your current job? Why do you monitor it that way? How do you set your process parameters?   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Clifton, NJ (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

I applied through a Recuriter and he got me an interview in 1 week. After that there was 2 interview rounds . The whole process took almost 3 weeks. The interview was normal and mostly focused on Android architecture and basics

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Simple and direct. 30 minutes and didn't drag out a lot of silly questions. Leading up to the interview I followed up and continued to find people I was connected to through LinkedIn and other connections. I already am in the tech industry so that helped me finally get the interview.

Interview Questions

• What experience most definitely aligns with working for a technology company?   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America.

Interview

I had a phone screen with Attero who places contractors at Samsung. The recruiter at Attero was great and very candid about the job, work environment and pay. Then I interviewed with 2 Samsung managers in one day. The offer came approximately one week later.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my background and specific questions about my experience. They described the job I was applying for and asked how my experience fits the role.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.