Sanctuary Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 26 Dec 2017

2.4

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Banbury, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sanctuary Group (Banbury, England) in November 2017.

Interview

What interview process...
    The gent' who was meant to interview me was unavailable. A lady came to get me but she didn't introduce herself or ask me who I was and gestured me to follow her to a meeting room. She asked me to take a seat while she left and I thought she was going to get someone to interview me. She returned and started to talk about the role and I had to stop her because she still hadn't introduced herself or asked me who I was and I could have been in the wrong interview. Unbelievably she is a manager.
    I was asked to tell her a bit about myself and that was it, this was not expanded on at all. No questions were asked relating to the post or about the company, no questions about my experience, CV or career history, no questions at all.
    And that was it, my 45 minute interview which I had applied and prepared for fully was over in 15 minutes. My conclusion is that she had so many candidates to interview that it’s purely a numbers game.
    No notes were made either, so out of all of the candidates and interviewees how am I possibly going to be remembered. And how does the interviewer know if I am suitable for the post or suitable to look after their customers. They may as well just put names in a hat.
    It’s very clearly a call centre with the emphasis on quantity rather than providing a quality service, so the role is not a Customer Service one as advertised.
    If a manager or the company can't be bothered to hold a professional interview then this is not a company I wish to work for and I immediately withdrew my application. And if that’s how they treat interviewees, one can only imagine how they treat staff, residents and customers.
    I’d read all of the negative feedback and reviews and gave them the benefit of the doubt. I was genuinely interested in working for Sanctuary but this experience was shocking and spoke volumes, such a disappointment and waste of time. The worst interview ever. I hope this isn’t the standard across the group and UK.

Interview Questions

Sanctuary Group Response

30 Nov 2017 – Social Media Manager

We’re very sorry that your experience with Sanctuary was not a positive one. All managers involved with the recruitment process are required to attend a mandatory Recruitment & Selection training... More

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunderland, North East England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sanctuary Group (Sunderland, North East England, England) in July 2017.

Interview

interview with Head of HR and DR Director. Interview was held on a Thursday. I was told that I would get feedback the following Monday. Monday passed and I didn't hear anything. I still hadn't heard by Wednesday, so I rang the H of HR - I had to leave a message as she didn't answer - I got an e-mail on Wed evening to say I had been unsuccessful - I replied to this, asking for feedback - On Friday I received a short e-mail to say I hadn't answered one of the questions in enough depth ( probably a fair comment) but not much help in going forward.
      I travelled some distance for this interview and I find the lack of time and effort in feeding back disrespectful. Don't say you are going to do something if you aren't going to do it, and have the decency to give proper feedback verbally.

Interview Questions

Sanctuary Group Response

6 Oct 2017 – Social Media Manager

Hi there, we do always try to give candidates constructive feedback, and we're sorry that you didn't receive this. We will be passing your comments on.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hull, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sanctuary Group (Hull, England) in June 2017.

Interview

Simple interview with 2 people, one generally asked the questions whilst other wrote down. Was advised it was a points based process. Felt at ease the lady asking most of the questions was very chatty and quick paced which I appreciated. At the end of the interview went onto the floor to do call listening, really important for someone who has not been in a contact center environment before to do this so they have an idea of what to expect. Job also requires standard background checks credit checks etc.

Interview Questions

• 3 words to describe yourself
      How do you motivate yourself with repetitive tasks
      Example of time you e taken high volume of calls
      Example of dealing with difficult customer
      What can you bring to the team/business
      Tell me what you would do if you did not agree with an instruction your manager gave you
      What do you know about sanctuary and the job role
      What are your weaknesses   1 Answer

6 Oct 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thanks for the feedback around your interview, and it's great to hear it was a positive experience.

Finance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sanctuary Group (Worcester, England) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was held by the Manager and her Assistant. The interview was not hard, in addition there were two tests and 30 minutes were given to complete the test.

However, I had no reply from them at all. I was reassured that every candidate will receive email with offer/no offer. I was waiting for two weeks, so emailed the lady who held the interview, but still no reply at all. I think it is very unprofessional and just has negative impact on the company overall.

Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ipswich, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sanctuary Group (Ipswich, England) in October 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed but I had to do a little 20 minute test. Interviewer very friendly. Interview questions asked and interview lasted about 20 minutes. It was a one to one. The manager and I actually got on really well he made the environment so comfortable.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Banbury, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sanctuary Group (Banbury, England) in May 2016.

Interview

Through an agency, lady was absolutely lovely, bubbly and friendly, talked about the job role,skills I could offer, what the role entails, training process, hours required, background of the company, felt at ease with the interviewer which always makes a big difference as you can be yourself more, talked about what I had done before and how I could use it in the job, was also asked what had I done to go above and beyond for a customer

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the role   1 Answer

Surveyor Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sanctuary Group (Coventry, England) in May 2016.

Interview

Brilliant, one to one formal meeting at hotel in Coventry; relaxed atmosphere with no interruptions. Finding the approach less formal than some other interviews recently which helped the interview more easier.

Deputy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Banbury, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sanctuary Group (Banbury, England) in February 2015.

Interview

A three-person panel explain the job and ask predefined questions in turns. Each member gives scores to each answer, though scores may be adjusted to fit the desired outcome. An interviewee is given an opportunity to ask questions at the end.

Senior Online Marketing Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sanctuary Group (Worcester, England) in January 2015.

Interview

Via an agency. Agency staff were really helpful in preparation.
    Interviewing staff were professional and enthusiastic about the company.
    The offices in Worcester are fantastic, modern, bright. Next door to the University and racecourse so it was possible to use either their on site restaurant or the Uni's refectory or take strolling lunch outside the racecourse by the canal. They also have a small gym for staff or you can join the Uni's.
    They were keen to offer ongoing training and development including 'knowledge bursts' at lunch-times.
    I would have loved to join the team.
    They did not keep me waiting long for a decision and gave positive feedback through the agency (Blue Skies)

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a incident of conflict at work and how you managed the situation?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sanctuary Group (Worcester, England) in November 2012.

Interview

This was a very structured interview, and had an uneasy edge. I had to give a presentation but was given no opportunity to use paper or powerpoint. I was asked about my computer skills

Interview Questions

• I was asked how the current scheme compared to schemes they are using at the moment, but there was no way of finding out what they use at the moment because the information was not on their website.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.