SayABC Online English Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

SayABC Online English Teacher Interview Questions

Interviews at SayABC

2.5

Online English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at SayABC (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

There is a short interview where yo are asked about your experience teaching and teaching online classes. You conduct a mock classroom. You can choose the age group of students for the mock class.

Interview Questions

SayABC Response

12 May 2019 – International recruitment manager

Hi Teacher, Thank you for sharing your interview experience here. Happy teaching!

Other Interview Reviews for SayABC

Online English Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SayABC.

Interview

Completed application and interview with no problems. Waited a couple of weeks with no update on my interview which I though was strange so I emailed them twice as they didn't get back to me on the first email. Eventually my account was updated saying I wasn't accepted with no further information. I was surprised but still accepted the decision respectfully.

I was concerned about my interview performance so I requested feedback from them as to why I was rejected as I have the right to know their reasons and also so I can make improvements. But they replied saying they already emailed me saying I wasn't accepted and the reasons are on my account (which was false as my account only says "sorry you weren't accepted".

Online English Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SayABC.

Interview

Easy, no issues at all. Very productive, supportive, answered all my questions. The demo lesson was straight forward, everything work well. Excellent interactive platform, good mentor. Within 2 weeks of the initial interview, I was fully booked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colchester, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at SayABC (Colchester, England).

Interview

I was asked if I had a bachelors degree, when I said I hadn’t they terminated the interview. It was rather confusing as on the website it does say in it wasn’t always necessary but preferred.

Online English Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SayABC in July 2019.

Interview

The staff were professional land very supportive. They turned up on time and they also provided easy to follow materials for the interview. After this initial interview, if you pass it, you have to teach an evaluation class with real students - which was challenging as I have never used their software before.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?
      What previous experience do you have teaching?   Answer Question

Online English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SayABC (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview process is more of an audition. You need to prepare for and teach an online class for evaluation. The school will provide you the materials in advance and offer a one-hour coaching session prior to the evaluation class.

Interview Questions

• The initial interview just asks about your teaching experience and education.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SayABC (Manchester, England) in March 2019.

Interview

Simple lesson demo. We organised an interview time and then talked via skype, the demo class was held on the Sayabc platform, then after accepting offer I began working the following week.

Interview Questions

• Qualifications, location, computer spec, internet speed.   1 Answer

Online English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SayABC (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in December 2018.

Interview

I applied through their website. I received a mail a few days later inviting me for an interview. The 1st recording did not go through I have scheduled a live interview tomorrow.

9 May 2019 – International recruitment manager

Hi Teacher! Thank you for your feedback, happy teaching!

Online English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangkok (Thailand)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SayABC (Bangkok (Thailand)) in October 2018.

Interview

I had an initial interview process with SayABC. My first interview was positive and I was asked to book in for a demonstration. I proceeded to book in. I was contacted by one of the main Tutors with SayABC who gave me advice on how to complete the class. I had downloaded the platform which was very user friendly.

I taught my class for my assessment and I had not heard back from SayABC for 2 days until I emailed them. They told me I had "not passed straightforward" and I would need to repeat the teaching assessment again.

I emailed them back explaining one kid refused to participate in class her mother was physically placing her on the chair and she was running off and I spent several minutes calling out to her to come to class (I should not have had to do this!) I also had one absent student and one late student to the class. I emailed my concerns to SayABC and I got no reply. I tried to rebook my assessment in and I was unable to book it. Again I emailed SayABC to explain I could not rebook and no reply. I emailed SayABC again about the lack of follow up and I received no reply. I completed all the online modules which were required from them as well, it took several hours to complete. I found it a very disappointing experience as I had spent a lot of time and effort in trying to do well in the interview process. I have now since found an excellent online company who are looking after me well.

Interview Questions

SayABC Response

12 May 2019 – International recruitment manager

HI Teacher, we are sorry to hear you had such poor interview experience with SayABC.
    We are working hard to improve our hiring process and make it more professional.

Online English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pretoria, Gauteng (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SayABC (Pretoria, Gauteng (South Africa)) in October 2018.

Interview

Quick, thorough, you need to be well prepared! They provide you with the teaching material well in advance and there is more than enough online material to help you prepare before hand. I received feedback quite quickly and continued to the next stage.

Interview Questions

• Experience in the field and why I want to be an online teacher   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.