ScS Sofas Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at ScS Sofas

2.2

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ScS Sofas (Leicester, England) in November 2019.

Interview

Online application, phone call with regional manager, 2 enjoyable face to face interviews, overall great interview process, interview is very structured by the company and focuses on personality versus previous skills and experience

Interview Questions

• What role do you think you were most successful in   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ScS Sofas (Nottingham, England) in September 2019.

Interview

I was called by the branch manager of the store and was offered a first Interview with the branch manager of the store that was looking to recruit. Then a few days later later the branch manager called me again to explain that I would have to attend a second interview with a different branch manager and same day as second interview I was offered the job

HR Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunderland, North East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ScS Sofas (Sunderland, North East England, England) in July 2019.

Interview

After submitting an online application I was contacted by the internal recruitment team to ask if I could attend an interview at 6pm that evening at an ScS store with the HR Director. I attended the interview despite the short notice and the following week I was contacted again to confirm that they would like to invite me to a 2nd interview at their Head Office in Sunderland (I live in Wakefield, West Yorkshire). I was informed that I would need to deliver a 15 minute presentation covering how I would approach the role in the first 6 months. I was sent the brief on the Friday for an interview the following Tuesday.

At the interview I was told that I would be contacted within one week with the decision. One week later I hadn't heard anything and so tried to contact the internal recruitment team. I called a few times but the number was always engaged or rang out and so I left a voice message explaining who I was and requesting that someone call me to confirm the outcome. No one returned my call and then 11 days after the interview I received an automatic email from there recruitment system confirming that I had been unsuccessful.

Personally I feel that if a candidate has gone to the trouble of travelling significantly out of their way and has spent time producing a presentation in preparation for an interview, then they deserve the courtesy of someone calling them to confirm they have been unsuccessful and giving them some constructive feedback. I cant think that I have ever had such a poor candidate experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach the first 6 months in the role   1 Answer

Buyers Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ScS Sofas (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in May 2019.

Interview

I applied online and then got a call for a face to face interview at SCS head office which involved competency based questions and general questions like about the educational background etc. The interview went quite well and the feedback was positive. I was told that by next week before thursday they will reply back to me and not before that since the team is quite busy with some upcoming event , I was clearly told this and then a strange thing happens. I got an email after few hours saying that my application was unsuccessful (never expected such a quick reply) and I can request a feedback in detail regarding the same. I requested for a feedback and there was no reply from the HR Team/company nothing at all! The person who took my interview seemed more nervous and was intervened by his boss/senior inbetween the interview.

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions.
      1) Career achievements till date
      2) Describe a time when you have taken an initiative on your own
      3) What strategies you use to work in a team   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ScS Sofas (New Delhi (India)) in February 2019.

Interview

Good....It was awesome.... It covered all technical topics.... They gave sufficient time to think... Overall it was a good experience.... They covered all technical topics.... They made me feel comfortable...

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunderland, North East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ScS Sofas (Sunderland, North East England, England) in June 2018.

Interview

Had to fill out a long form that duplicated the details of my CV prior to interview.

Interview was one stage with one person. They requested I talk through my CV and did not ask any qualifying or clarifying questions about it or probe into my experience.

Had to intentionally elaborate on everything to display my skills but didn't expect the interview to end once I had finished explaining my experience.

Interview lasted 25 mins.

I never received any further correspondence and thus had to assume I was unsuccessful.

Finance Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ScS Sofas (Newcastle, England).

Interview

I was asked to come in for an informal chat, I went in and they asked about my skills with computers and told me briefly about the job. Although I had no experience they explained that I seemed fit for the job and was offered it there.

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ScS Sofas.

Interview

Kindly declined to carry on with interview and left as the pay offered was unacceptable. I believe they were trying to get alot of experience for as little money as possible either that or they do not read the CVs they request from applicants. I also dont see the point of being asked for interview on the back of CV and then request you fill in an application form.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ScS Sofas (Lincoln, England) in February 2016.

Interview

1st time I turned up they sent me away saying they didn't know I was coming this happened 3 times! Then when finally had interview they sat me down and said I would earn 50k pa minimum??? lucky to earn half that. Don't do it! I was lied to from day one and should of gone with my gut instinct. I have worked for many great companies in my 20 years of sales and this company truly is rotten to the core. I never thought I would ever bad mouth a company but people seriously need to know the facts and if you still want to work there after reading this I look forward to reading your review in 3 months time.

Negotiation

If you get an offer well done, you'll get one somewhere else too, choose the other!

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ScS Sofas (Coventry, England) in February 2016.

Interview

2 interviews stages with a panel of Managers and Directors. The first interview was a a phone interview which lead to interview with group of people. I had a feedback after 6 weeks from the day of the interview.

Interview Questions

• How to you gather requirement   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.