Schuh Limited Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Schuh Limited Interview Questions

Updated 30 Jan 2018

2.3

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schuh Limited.

Interview

Applyed online and got a call a week later for a group interview the folowing week for an interview when the store shuts .When I got there the doors were locked but I could see the rest of the people inside,once they unlocked the doors I sat down and waited for it to start,their where 6 of us at the interview and one person came in late.Once we started we sat there and had to say our name,age,what we are doing at the moment and then a random fact about ourself,after that they said we have to make a poster in the group to present to the managers
    about good custumer service.after that we had to fill out an avalibility sheet and then they talked about hours and pay and if we got the job we would get a call and if not an email,they also said that they would let us know the next day but it has been a week and a half and I have gotten nothing from anyone with I think is very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Name a random fact about yourself.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Celbridge (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schuh Limited (Celbridge (Ireland)) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online then got an email saying I was invited to a group interview. The first task in the interview was to turn to the person beside you and find out facts about them then present them to the group. The more you get involved and show enthusiasm the more likely you’ll get selected.

Christmas Temporary Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

Applied online - invited for an interview, manager wrote none of my answers down, seemed to respond well to what I said but then proceeded to not even call back before taking the vacancy off the internet

Interview Questions

• if you had £12,000 and 24 hours to double it how would you do this   1 Answer

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Schuh Limited (Belfast, Northern Ireland) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a call about a week later asking if I would come for a group interview. It was emphasised that it would be casual. About 10 of us went into the store after it was closed and the manager asked us questions about customer service and how to make it a good experience for kids but there was no pressure to answer, you just answered the questions you wanted to. Then, we watched a video on the history of Schuh and got into groups and made posters. It lasted over an hour but the manager was really lovely so it was enjoyable and relaxed.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schuh Limited (Salisbury, England).

Interview

After applying online, I was welcomed to a group interview. We were given a number of tasks where you had to think outside the box such as completing tasks around town in 10 minutes.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Schuh Limited (Glasgow, Scotland).

Interview

I handed in my CV to the Menswear Store in Glasgow and got a phone call about 3 weeks later inviting me to an interview the next day. The interviewer was really disorganised - she mentioned she had a pack on questions but she hadn't went over them. I was asked the questions but she never wrote down my answers. Asked if I had worked in retail before - which I hadn't, but this was clearly stated on my CV. She took down my availability and the interview was over within 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe the perfect sales assistant?   2 Answers

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gateshead, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schuh Limited (Gateshead, England) in October 2017.

Interview

This was a group interview, Schuh are very interested in personality and not your knowledge as they are able to teach you everything else so my advice would be to be really friendly to others in the interview. There was the usual icebreakers to introduce yourself. A group presentation about the ideal workplace , try to shine here and show how you speak on things. It then ended by being made to pick a shoe and talk about it as if you are trying to sell it and an interesting fact about it.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schuh Limited (Glasgow, Scotland) in September 2017.

Interview

Group interview, there were 3 other people and we were asked to bring an object that represents us as a person, or a brand sold by the company. Everyone brought something that represented themselves. As a piece of advice, look into the job role, find some traits that it requires but also traits you possess, and find an object that is similar ( a unique and possibly a fun object as schuh seem to be about fun and bubbly personalities)

We were brought into a training room and then asked to talk about ourselves, what we do etc and a fun fact/embarrassing story about ourselves. Then we were split into pairs to find out how much we had in common with eachother, and the team that found the most things won.

Since it was a trainee manager interview, we were kept in our pairs and given a scenario to work through (along the lines of people not doing their job right etc) and how you would respond. This is all about finding out your management style and there are no right or wrong answers.

Finally, we were asked to do a 30 second "hot seat" on why we should be the next trainee manager.

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schuh Limited in August 2017.

Interview

I applied on the schuh website and I got a call about a week later asking me to come in for a group interview later that week. My interview was at 10am, so I arrived around 10 minutes early and by that time most of the other candidates were there. There were supposed to be 15 of us, but only 8 of us showed up. Once we all arrived we were brought to an interview room where we played and ice breaking game, discussed the 7 core values of schuh and then we were split into 2 groups where we created the "perfect employee". Afterwards, we were told we would get a phone call if we were successful and an email if we were not. The day after my interview, I received a phone call from schuh informing me I had been successful.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Derry, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Schuh Limited (Derry, Northern Ireland).

Interview

One to one interview with the regional manager as well as a pre-set presentation.
    The overall process took over an hour and was quite a difficult interview as chances are you are meeting this person for the first time.
    Questions tend to go around in circles.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.