Schuh Limited Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 15 Sep 2018

2.3

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Derry, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Schuh Limited (Derry, Northern Ireland).

Interview

One to one interview with the regional manager as well as a pre-set presentation.
    The overall process took over an hour and was quite a difficult interview as chances are you are meeting this person for the first time.
    Questions tend to go around in circles.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schuh Limited in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online then 3 weeks later I received a phone call invite to a phone interview the next day. After the phone interview I was told there and then that I had passed and was asked to complete a task which was emailed to me. The same day I was asked to attend an interview the following day. The interview was relaxed and informal although in the head office, and the interviewer was friendly and polite - not intimidating at all. I accepted the position the next day. The office seemed like a great working environment.

Part Time Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hastings, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schuh Limited (Hastings, England) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied on line and recieved a phone call the next day, arranging an interview for the following wednesday. The interview was a group one, held at my local job centre. The interview was fun and relaxed, and lasted for 2 hours. We were given a few 'get to know each other tasks' after briefly introducing ourselves to the group.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Schuh's history?   1 Answer
    • What is customer service?   1 Answer
    • Give an example of a time you received good/ bad customer service.   Answer Question
    • What makes a good Schuh employee?   Answer Question
    • What do the 7 values of the company mean to you?   1 Answer

Part Time Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hastings, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schuh Limited (Hastings, England) in February 2015.

Interview

a group interview and games and tasks including talking through what we thought things meant and manager talking about in general term the company an what she wanted out of the team

Interview Questions

• there was a fun pass the football with numbers game and each number corresponded to a casual question like' describe your dancing like someone else' or what is your ultimate life goal?
      brainstorming each of the companys guidelines e.g. care and respect for customers and colleagues   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schuh Limited in May 2017.

Interview

Small group interview with the chance to talk to current staff and ask questions. Fun and casual, without too much stress or pressure on the group. Allowed us to make friends with people we would be potentially working with.

Interview Questions

• Pick two shoes -- One to represent you, and one you wouldn't buy. Now sell us the one you wouldn't buy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Schuh Limited (London, England) in July 2015.

Interview

Was split into groups and taken to different rooms one where we had to work as a team to solve case studies. In the other room we had to design a company in our groups, could be anything, saying 'what was special about or company'

Interview Questions

• If you were the manager what would you look for in an employee?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Schuh Limited (Glasgow, Scotland) in June 2013.

Interview

I have sat in on numerous interviews and so I can offer some insight.

The interview process is very relaxed. The interview normally consists of a group interview where there will be around 15 other people. If you are not comfortable in standing out then there is no point attending. You will be asked a few questions which are not at all difficult but the key to success at this stage is having dynamic answers that will make you stand out.

Interview Questions

• If you were on a deserted island who would you like to be with and why?
      If you could describe yourself as a food what would it be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, West Sussex, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schuh Limited (Kingston, West Sussex, South East England, England) in July 2016.

Interview

I was asked to attend a group recruitment evening around two weeks after applying online. We were told to bring a sentimental object, and used these to introduce ourselves once we had all arrived. There was around 15 of us here, and we took turns to say who we were and why our object was sentimental to us.
    The group was split in two and half stayed on the shop floor and the other half taken to a conference room. The first task in the conference room was to create a short tv advert from random objects one of the interviewers had found. This was good fun and we created a small advert in pairs or small groups. The point of this was to get used to our personality type and if we would fit in with the group. I'd say make sure that whatever task you are presented with, try and be confident, smiley and bubbly. They also asked who wanted to go first, this is an opportunity to really stand out and show you have confidence!
    The second part of the interview we were on the shop floor and told, again in groups, to list what makes a good customer service advisor. Again, when feeding back to the group try and even distribute the points made and be smiley!
    The whole group were then reunited again where we had to fill out some forms on our availability and they answered any questions we had.
    It was a really good experience, if you are quite a shy person you may feel a bit anxious as there are some people in the group who are more confident. As long as you show your personality and quite happy, they will notice you and perhaps give you a chance.
    Do not go so smartly dressed!!! some people looked quite out of place, and do not go too casual. Some smart shoes with jeans and a nice top will do just fine.

Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schuh Limited (Bournemouth, England) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email inviting to a group interview. Every dressed quite casually, with trainers etc, as it was a shoe shop. Had to do a shoe sorting game split between boys and girls, didn't really seem necessary. Got asked a fact about Schuh each, also were split into groups and had to come up with examples of the different company values. Also had a shoe selling exercise where we were given a shoe and we had to try and sell it.

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Celbridge (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schuh Limited (Celbridge (Ireland)) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online then got an email saying I was invited to a group interview. The first task in the interview was to turn to the person beside you and find out facts about them then present them to the group. The more you get involved and show enthusiasm the more likely you’ll get selected.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.