Schuh Limited Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 13 Sep 2017

2.3

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schuh Limited (Glasgow, Scotland) in September 2017.

Interview

Group interview, there were 3 other people and we were asked to bring an object that represents us as a person, or a brand sold by the company. Everyone brought something that represented themselves. As a piece of advice, look into the job role, find some traits that it requires but also traits you possess, and find an object that is similar ( a unique and possibly a fun object as schuh seem to be about fun and bubbly personalities)

We were brought into a training room and then asked to talk about ourselves, what we do etc and a fun fact/embarrassing story about ourselves. Then we were split into pairs to find out how much we had in common with eachother, and the team that found the most things won.

Since it was a trainee manager interview, we were kept in our pairs and given a scenario to work through (along the lines of people not doing their job right etc) and how you would respond. This is all about finding out your management style and there are no right or wrong answers.

Finally, we were asked to do a 30 second "hot seat" on why we should be the next trainee manager.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Derry, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Schuh Limited (Derry, Northern Ireland).

Interview

One to one interview with the regional manager as well as a pre-set presentation.
    The overall process took over an hour and was quite a difficult interview as chances are you are meeting this person for the first time.
    Questions tend to go around in circles.

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schuh Limited in August 2017.

Interview

I applied on the schuh website and I got a call about a week later asking me to come in for a group interview later that week. My interview was at 10am, so I arrived around 10 minutes early and by that time most of the other candidates were there. There were supposed to be 15 of us, but only 8 of us showed up. Once we all arrived we were brought to an interview room where we played and ice breaking game, discussed the 7 core values of schuh and then we were split into 2 groups where we created the "perfect employee". Afterwards, we were told we would get a phone call if we were successful and an email if we were not. The day after my interview, I received a phone call from schuh informing me I had been successful.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport, Newport, Wales

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schuh Limited (Newport, Newport, Wales) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a very large group interview think there was about 15 of us. We were asked to tell each other some interesting facts about our selves and then had to sell a shoe to the group. Finally we split into 2 separate groups and had to design a desert island.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schuh Limited.

Interview

It was a group interview; there was over 20 people. Not a typical interview - we played group games that slyly tested our knowledge on popular shoe brands and just spoke to managers casually and they assessed how we behaved. We had to choose a shoe in the store and talk about it as if we were selling it.

(A tip - they don't look for the loudest most chattiest person in the room. Be confident and get involved in conversation but don't try to overpower or compete with anyone, they will notice)

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schuh Limited (London, England) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process went brilliant for me. It was almost a breeze but that is because I am a very confident and talkative individual. As well as this, it does not take me long to take control o the environment that I am in, in the sense that rather than procrastinate how to show my personality and come out of my shell, I remain positive and lose any anxious thoughts immediately.

I have applied for Schuh up to 10 times as there are two stores that are nearby to me and they will often have their vacancies up on indeed.com which I checked almost daily for 4 months. I have been rejected quite a few times and was even rejected after an interview with one of the stores. This was a single interview and I turnt up in casual clothing of a burgundy polo, ripped biker jeans and red trainers. This is what I feel I did wrong as I thought the interview went fairly well !

I did not give up my search for jobs and soon there was another Schuh vacancy. The reason I wanted to really work at Schuh was because they pay equally and it is highly good pay for part time work for someone of my age.

After applying, I was invited to a group interview! I was very excited for this as it is an opportunity to be myself and correctly portray myself as someone that the store would love to employ. I got to the interview 15 minutes early, before anyone else, and sat down waiting. As time went by up to 9 others joined me. This is when the nerves began to creep onto me.

The group interview started with one by one introducing ourselves with one intreresting fact. When it was my turn, I made a joke out of my name being the same as an Anime character which brought laughter. I mentioned that I could speak 4 languages, including English (so 3 others). This fascinated the interviewers, resulting in me saying a sentence in each language and leading to a conversation about what everyone would do if they had this ability. I told a funny story about how I was overhearing some adults talk bad about my trainers on the bus and when I left the bus I made it known that I could understand what they were saying ! More laughter.

After that, I knew I was doing well. The interview proceeded to getting a shoe from the store and using it do describe ourselves, and then we were given paper to draw our personality. This wasn't easy but I just drew little images that symbolised the key things in my life: My football team, going out with friends, running horrified when my toddle nieces run away from me when we're out and watching movies.

The interview ended with an outline of what we should expect to hear in the next week if we were successful or not. My interview was on Thursday evening and I was offered the job, from phone call, on Monday.

Interview Questions

• What is an interesting fact about you?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schuh Limited in July 2017.

Interview

There were only a few people when I arrived, which was much less than the interviewers expected. We were interviewed after the store closed and we sat inside the store in a circle. We were asked before to bring an item which describes us or means something to us. We began by each describing our items and saying why we brought them. After that, we created posters about what makes a good sales assistant and what makes good customer service. We then shared our answers with the others. Make sure to smile and be confident and really elaborate on the points on your poster! We were then talked through the 7 Core Values of Schuh and asked what they meant and why they were important. After, we were then told to draw our perfect shoe and be creative. This was then shared with the other interviewees. The interview lasted an hour and was a very relaxing environment! Whilst it is different from many interviews you may experience, it is much more relaxed and enjoyable! Make sure you smile and speak up, as they are looking for personality. We were told we would be emailed the next day if we were not successful and receive a phone call if we were successful - I received a phone call the next day and have my induction later this week! So excited.

Interview Questions

• Make a poster on what makes a good sales assistant   Answer Question
    • What do each of the 7 Values of Schuh mean to you?   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Galway (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Schuh Limited (Galway (Ireland)) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online within two or three days got a call for a group interview. It was supposed to be 15 of us but only 11 turned up, it was a very relaxed casual interview more like a discussion with open questions and team building exercises and ice breakers finished with a personal presentation. The ice breakers were good although we all introduced each other ourselves whilst waiting for the interview. Overall it was rather fun and a bit of a laugh. The presentations was a lot less nerve wrecking than we though you had to bring an object which describes you best I brought a college piece of work which was a poster I made for self identity I had a laugh with the interviewers whilst presenting it. The best advice is to include everyone and make eyecontact with more than just the interviewers don't take it too seriously as it is all based on personality.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Schuh Limited in June 2017.

Interview

You have to apply on line for vacancies. Then you wait and see if you were selected. They will ring you if you have got the interview or they will just email you to tell you haven't got it

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Schuh Limited (Manchester, England) in June 2017.

Interview

So I applied via the website for the job and heard back within 3-4 days. I was contacted for a interview the next week on the Sunday and was told to come at half 9 before the store opens.
    Before the interview I revised what Schuh had to offer for employees and for customers also. I learnt that schuh had recently one the number one retail company of 2017. I realised when I researched what to wear it wasn't really clear so I'll tell you what I wore.
    I wore a black modern blouse and tight fitted pants with black flats. When I arrived at the interview we were seen straight away and was waiting in the general staff room. I was then greeted by a employee of schuh who was nice and smiley and told me not to worry as they're looking for personality and a smiley person.
     The interviewers came in and they were the most lovely people I've ever met. I was interviewed by a supervisor ( she had only been one for a short period of time but was great) and a deputy manager. We then had sticky labels and wrote our names on the label. We were then asked to write down our availability and our leaving notice ( if you were working previously) .
    Then the interview then started. We were then told about the history of schuh and about the pay. We then learnt about the core values of schuh which was respecting customers and colleagues, selling what we know - I can't really remember the rest.
    We then chose a shoe and then we had to swap the shoe with the other applicants. I had a heel that was really hard to describe but just mention the pricing , the detail and what made the shoe stand out! I also mentioned what the heel would go with. After that we had a toilet roll and we have to pull some off, every square that was had we had to say interesting facts about ourselves - I had pull loads of whilst other applicants pulled out 1 or 2 . The interview was then ended by the deputy manager saying she'll contact us by the phone if we've got the job or via email if we didn't.
     4 days later i received a phone call telling me I had the job - I've never been happier!

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.