Schuh Limited Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 16 Nov 2017

2.3

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Schuh Limited (Belfast, Northern Ireland) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a call about a week later asking if I would come for a group interview. It was emphasised that it would be casual. About 10 of us went into the store after it was closed and the manager asked us questions about customer service and how to make it a good experience for kids but there was no pressure to answer, you just answered the questions you wanted to. Then, we watched a video on the history of Schuh and got into groups and made posters. It lasted over an hour but the manager was really lovely so it was enjoyable and relaxed.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schuh Limited (Salisbury, England).

Interview

After applying online, I was welcomed to a group interview. We were given a number of tasks where you had to think outside the box such as completing tasks around town in 10 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Schuh Limited (Glasgow, Scotland).

Interview

I handed in my CV to the Menswear Store in Glasgow and got a phone call about 3 weeks later inviting me to an interview the next day. The interviewer was really disorganised - she mentioned she had a pack on questions but she hadn't went over them. I was asked the questions but she never wrote down my answers. Asked if I had worked in retail before - which I hadn't, but this was clearly stated on my CV. She took down my availability and the interview was over within 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe the perfect sales assistant?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gateshead, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schuh Limited (Gateshead, England) in October 2017.

Interview

This was a group interview, Schuh are very interested in personality and not your knowledge as they are able to teach you everything else so my advice would be to be really friendly to others in the interview. There was the usual icebreakers to introduce yourself. A group presentation about the ideal workplace , try to shine here and show how you speak on things. It then ended by being made to pick a shoe and talk about it as if you are trying to sell it and an interesting fact about it.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schuh Limited (Glasgow, Scotland) in September 2017.

Interview

Group interview, there were 3 other people and we were asked to bring an object that represents us as a person, or a brand sold by the company. Everyone brought something that represented themselves. As a piece of advice, look into the job role, find some traits that it requires but also traits you possess, and find an object that is similar ( a unique and possibly a fun object as schuh seem to be about fun and bubbly personalities)

We were brought into a training room and then asked to talk about ourselves, what we do etc and a fun fact/embarrassing story about ourselves. Then we were split into pairs to find out how much we had in common with eachother, and the team that found the most things won.

Since it was a trainee manager interview, we were kept in our pairs and given a scenario to work through (along the lines of people not doing their job right etc) and how you would respond. This is all about finding out your management style and there are no right or wrong answers.

Finally, we were asked to do a 30 second "hot seat" on why we should be the next trainee manager.

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schuh Limited in August 2017.

Interview

I applied on the schuh website and I got a call about a week later asking me to come in for a group interview later that week. My interview was at 10am, so I arrived around 10 minutes early and by that time most of the other candidates were there. There were supposed to be 15 of us, but only 8 of us showed up. Once we all arrived we were brought to an interview room where we played and ice breaking game, discussed the 7 core values of schuh and then we were split into 2 groups where we created the "perfect employee". Afterwards, we were told we would get a phone call if we were successful and an email if we were not. The day after my interview, I received a phone call from schuh informing me I had been successful.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Derry, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Schuh Limited (Derry, Northern Ireland).

Interview

One to one interview with the regional manager as well as a pre-set presentation.
    The overall process took over an hour and was quite a difficult interview as chances are you are meeting this person for the first time.
    Questions tend to go around in circles.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport, Newport, Wales

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schuh Limited (Newport, Newport, Wales) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a very large group interview think there was about 15 of us. We were asked to tell each other some interesting facts about our selves and then had to sell a shoe to the group. Finally we split into 2 separate groups and had to design a desert island.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schuh Limited.

Interview

It was a group interview; there was over 20 people. Not a typical interview - we played group games that slyly tested our knowledge on popular shoe brands and just spoke to managers casually and they assessed how we behaved. We had to choose a shoe in the store and talk about it as if we were selling it.

(A tip - they don't look for the loudest most chattiest person in the room. Be confident and get involved in conversation but don't try to overpower or compete with anyone, they will notice)

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schuh Limited (London, England) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process went brilliant for me. It was almost a breeze but that is because I am a very confident and talkative individual. As well as this, it does not take me long to take control o the environment that I am in, in the sense that rather than procrastinate how to show my personality and come out of my shell, I remain positive and lose any anxious thoughts immediately.

I have applied for Schuh up to 10 times as there are two stores that are nearby to me and they will often have their vacancies up on indeed.com which I checked almost daily for 4 months. I have been rejected quite a few times and was even rejected after an interview with one of the stores. This was a single interview and I turnt up in casual clothing of a burgundy polo, ripped biker jeans and red trainers. This is what I feel I did wrong as I thought the interview went fairly well !

I did not give up my search for jobs and soon there was another Schuh vacancy. The reason I wanted to really work at Schuh was because they pay equally and it is highly good pay for part time work for someone of my age.

After applying, I was invited to a group interview! I was very excited for this as it is an opportunity to be myself and correctly portray myself as someone that the store would love to employ. I got to the interview 15 minutes early, before anyone else, and sat down waiting. As time went by up to 9 others joined me. This is when the nerves began to creep onto me.

The group interview started with one by one introducing ourselves with one intreresting fact. When it was my turn, I made a joke out of my name being the same as an Anime character which brought laughter. I mentioned that I could speak 4 languages, including English (so 3 others). This fascinated the interviewers, resulting in me saying a sentence in each language and leading to a conversation about what everyone would do if they had this ability. I told a funny story about how I was overhearing some adults talk bad about my trainers on the bus and when I left the bus I made it known that I could understand what they were saying ! More laughter.

After that, I knew I was doing well. The interview proceeded to getting a shoe from the store and using it do describe ourselves, and then we were given paper to draw our personality. This wasn't easy but I just drew little images that symbolised the key things in my life: My football team, going out with friends, running horrified when my toddle nieces run away from me when we're out and watching movies.

The interview ended with an outline of what we should expect to hear in the next week if we were successful or not. My interview was on Thursday evening and I was offered the job, from phone call, on Monday.

Interview Questions

• What is an interesting fact about you?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.