Schuh Limited Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Schuh Limited Interview Questions

Interviews at Schuh Limited

2.3

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schuh Limited.

Interview

Quite informal, conducted over zoom, interviewer was very friendly and nice. Last about 20 minutes, heard back the next day via phone call. Good and positive experience overall, was more of a chat

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schuh Limited (York, England) in September 2020.

Interview

It was in a group of five of us with two of the managers. It was incredibly informal, to the point where I didn't feel like it was an interview at all. They asked us a few questions but because it was only a half an hour long slot, they were rushing themselves so much. I don't feel as though they had enough time to actually get to know every one of us, and because we all had to answer the same questions, if you went last, all the 'right' answers had already been said so it made you look bad. They didn't even ask us what we knew about the company or about or previous work experience, hence why I think they didn't get to know us all individually. But they asked us 'what would we do with a million pounds?' which I thought was random, a good icebreaker for the start of the interview but because they were short of time I thought they'd ask us more work-related questions. We also didn't do any of the team building tasks other people on here have mentioned. We all had a laugh but I feel like it was too informal. They said you'd find out the next day if you got the job.

Interview Questions

• What are you doing right now?   1 Answer
    • What extra precautions would you take in the shop due to COVID-19?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you were helping a customer, and there was another customer waiting for assistance too?   Answer Question
    • What would you do with a million pounds?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schuh Limited in September 2020.

Interview

Applied online, got a call a week later to schedule an interview.
    You were given a scenario and you had to answer how you would react in that situation.
    Easy interview as long as you come prepared.

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schuh Limited.

Interview

mine was a few years ago but you have to have a stand out personality from the moment you walk into the door. they literally know if they are gonna hire you from the moment you walk in. But we had to basically pick a show from the shop floor and sell it to someone else int the room. the you play other games like stop the bus etc. but remember you have to be confident and be bubbly.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schuh Limited.

Interview

It was a group interview. You can wear what you want as there is no dress code. The manager sits everyone down and asks why you applied for Schuh and if you know anything about Schuh e.g. "Do you know any facts about the brand like when and where it was founded?". You are asked if you have had any good/bad customer service if you have shopped from shoe. You are then asked to do an activity where you get a pair of shoes and then you have to try and act as if you are selling the shoe to the manager (who is acting like a customer); at this point I would recommend talking about the materials and fit of the shoe and why it would be good for a specific audience e.g. why Ultraboost on Adidas trainers are good for the elderly and people who are interested in athletics.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schuh Limited.

Interview

Completed an application form online and heard from them a few weeks later inviting me to a group interview. Was a very relaxed environment with around 20 other people. We completed group tasks and had a group discussion.

Interview Questions

• You were given a list of things you were transporting on a boat. You were asked what order you would throw these items overboard if the boat was sinking.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

Group interview. we were put into groups and had to tell a number of facts about ourselves based on how many pieces of toilet paper we took and then had to design a shoe and sell it.

Stockroom Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swansea, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schuh Limited (Swansea, Wales) in November 2019.

Interview

Had a group interview with 9 other people. Did icebreaker to get to know everyone quickly. Had to do simple maths/sorting numbers task. Then had to write on sheet of paper why they should hire you. If they are stuck for a candidate they will then narrow it down by doing a one to one interview.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schuh Limited.

Interview

Was a group interview of around 12 people, very informal however dress smart.
    We all sat down in a room and went around introducing ourselves i.e Name, whether we are in uni etc. and where we live. We then were told about the role, how much the pay was (which we were actually told wrong) and how many hours we would get on average.
    Then we each had to go down to the shop floor and get a shoe that we thought best represented us, then we went round and explained why that shoe represented us in detail. Next we split up in group of 6 and went to the shop floor again to pick another shoe, we were told we would have to sell this particular shoe to the managers as a team. However, the twist was that when we got upstairs the two groups had to swap shoes and sell each others without any prior planning. Lastly, in our groups we were given paper and pens, we then had to draw and label the perfects sales assistant and all the qualities we thought they should have, and then fed back to the managers. Overall, it was very informal and quite fun, however I don't feel we were given enough chance to show the professional side of us and answer any serious questions. I am glad that it was in a group though.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schuh Limited (London, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied & received a call within 2 days from HQ asking if I could attend interview. I agreed & interview was arranged with AM a few days later. Attended the store & had a productive conversation around my background & what I could bring to the business. During the interview it became obvious that the interviewer thought I was overqualified for the role & store, & I left knowing I was going to get the 'thanks but no thanks call'. Sure enough 2 days later the call came. If a candidate applies, you review the CV & call to interview it doesn't say much for that process if you then identify the candidate is too experienced in your eyes. I wasted a 1/2 day & significant sum of money to prepare & travel to interview, to be told I was too qualified. In the end an internal candidate was promoted which made their deception, to interview a token external, all the more disgraceful. To make matters worse I received a standard email a few days later saying my application would not be taken forward as they had multiple other candidates, which was a lie as the interviewer had already told me an internal had been promoted.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.