Science Museum Group Visitor Fundraiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Visitor Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Science Museum Group (London, England) in October 2017.

Interview

It is a group interview (mine was approx 13 people) with a number of sections. First, there is an ice breaker, where you introduce yourself and answer a nonsense question, i.e. what colour you would wear for the rest of your life.

Secondly, you are asked when invited to interview, to do a short presentation on your favourite destination, why it's remarkable and why they should visit. Try and make it memorable and sell it convincingly.

Then, it is a group task. The task we were given is 24 items from the science group and we had to choose 8 of these items to save from a flood. It's a good idea to do some research on some of the most prominent items in the collection before hand so you are well prepared. It's really important to be dominant in this task as everyone is trying to make themselves heard. Try and make sure that your passion for science and the museum shines as well as leadership skills are demonstrated.

Once this task is complete, there is a short break (approx 10 mins) where they decide who to take forward in the process. I was not taken further, but the next part of the process was some sort of activity on the museum floor and then if you succeeded in that, it was on to the interview stage.

Overall, the two staff members conducting the interview were very nice and made everyone feel relaxed. I also asked for feedback after the interview and they sent some over very promptly. However, I do think the process is quite ridiculous for such a low paying job. Many of the candidates going for the role were very overqualified, many with Masters degrees in heritage or related areas.

Interview Questions

Science Museum Group Response

16 Oct 2017 – Recruitment Business Partner

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate any feedback, both positive and constructive and will take on board all the points you have mentioned above. Thank you for your interest in working... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.