Science and Technology Facilities Council Graduate Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Science and Technology Facilities Council

1 Interview Review

Graduate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Science and Technology Facilities Council (Edinburgh, Scotland) in January 2020.

Interview

Online Application
Video Interview
Aptitude Test
Assessment Centre:
Group Exercise
Competency interview
Technical Interview

The whole process spanned across 4 months, the online application was extensive, asking questions about school dinners, social background and if your parents went to university etc. The competency-based interview contained a number of relatively easy to answer questions. The technical interview consisted of a presentation based on your final year project, followed by a CV breakdown and various questions on project management (which in my opinion I answered very well).

I will say one thing, I was extremely excited to visit the site, then I was completely put off when I got there. I did notice during the full experience, the place (and the candidates) was the epiphany of the middle class and snobbery. I never spoke to one person who came from the same sort of background as me (working class). The diversity in economic backgrounds was non-existent.

It seems to be a continuous theme across the various space and defence businesses in Edinburgh. I would have probably turned the role down if I got offered it based on the opinion I formed during my time there.

Interview Questions

• You have just been appointed a project with a vast budget, How would you start.   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.