Science and Technology Facilities Council MLI Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Science and Technology Facilities Council MLI Technician Interview Questions

Interviews at Science and Technology Facilities Council

1 Interview Review

MLI Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Didcot, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Science and Technology Facilities Council (Didcot, England) in January 2019.

Interview

A week after initial application got a telephone interview, which included questions on motivation for applying, technical competencies and why I am a suitable candidate. A week later invited to a formal face-to-face interview where I was given a tour of the RAL Space facility. Then I did a brief exercise in a Cleanroom by manufacturing MLI. Followed by a panel interview with technical questions and an MLI specific exercise based on my cleanroom exercise where I had to read a technical drawing - describe what I understand from it and later apply a pre-cut template on a mould.

Everyone I had met was extremely polite, helpful and knowledgable. The experience was extremely interesting and fun. Everything was well organised. They had offered and reimbursed my full travel expenses. Good feedback was provided without the need to ask.

Interview Questions

• - What made you apply to STFC?
    - Describe how MLI blanket works.
    - What are your ambitions going forward?
    - General HR related questions.   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.