Scotmid Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Scotmid

1.6

Store Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scotmid (Aberdeen, Scotland) in February 2020.

Interview

Pretty general interview questions easy to talk to. Mainly concerned with how often i'd be able to work and approach to policies such as under 25 policy. Asked for an interview about 3 days after applying and heard back through the post

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coatbridge, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Scotmid (Coatbridge, Scotland) in November 2019.

Interview

Seen the advert on indeed. Application process was to email CV. Got invited to interview 2 days later. I applied over weekend so was quick. Interview was for a new store opening. Interview took around 1 hour, two interviewers. Was pretty informal and felt i done well.

Interview Questions

• What makes good customer service, a time you had to work towards a goal/team work. Describe your most recent role. Hiw would you deal with challenge 25 (scotland, alcohol & cigs& gsmbling)   1 Answer
    • Are you flexible to meet needs of the business? Hours worked 7am tol 10pm 7 days on rota?   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with a customer buying alcohol with no ID and looks under 25?   1 Answer
    • Explain a time you had to work as a team to reach a goal.   1 Answer
    • What did you like best about your previous role?   1 Answer

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotmid in October 2019.

Interview

The interview was an informal chat with the manager, although I used competency-based answers casually as I could manage.

I was told I did fantastically in the application and at interview, but unfortunately, my second job clashed with the shift patterns they wanted.

Interview Questions

• Sometimes people disagree with our challenge 25 decisions. What would you do if someone continued to disagree with your decision?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scotmid (Aberdeen, Scotland) in January 2019.

Interview

Quick and Easy, basic interview questions. Went over job application and asked availabilty.
    After that informed them about my wife's health so I would not be able to work full time and they were able to offer me something I was happy to accept.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Scotmid in July 2016.

Interview

Job advert on the shop window. Got the application form in store. Standard form going over contact information, education and work history plus a few preliminary questions about myself. The interview was given to me just 3 days after I handed in my application form with the interview basically just asking my availability and when I could start.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scotmid (Edinburgh, Scotland) in January 2016.

Interview

A store Walk, presentation about an existing store and explaining facts and figures.
    Overall not so difficult, you should be able to pick up issues in a store within 5 mins and then ways to fix those issues.

Brunch Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotmid (Edinburgh, Scotland) in May 2015.

Interview

The the interview for this role was very calm and relaxed. I got told from the beginning that it would be like an informal interview with a few intense moments. The whole interview took just about an hour and the time went quick. You could possibly get told if you got the job the next or 2 day after your interview which was in my case.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What are your strengths?
      Why should we hire you?
      Where do you see yourself in the future and why?
      What are the positive things your referees would say about you?
      Why Scotmid?
      What do you know about us?
      Do you know how many stores we have?
      Have you got any holidays booked in the next 6 months?
      How can you transfer your previous experience to this job?
      How soon can you start?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Scotmid (Edinburgh, Scotland) in May 2015.

Interview

It was hardly an interview. I was basically asked when I would be able to work and if I had any holidays planned for the upcoming summer. If there was an interview I can imagine it all being very basic questions since being a cashier doesn't require many talents.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.