Find jobs for Retail Assistant

Screwfix Retail Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 15 of over 173 interviews

Applied online100%
2.4
HardAverageEasy

Screwfix

Application

I interviewed at Screwfix

Interview

Standard retail interview, do you have previous experience blah blah. Branch manager did it, nice guy but since I was a student with no experience i didn't get it unfortunately

Screwfix

Application

I interviewed at Screwfix

Interview

Generic interview questions surrounding how you would work in a warehouse and how you handle situations with customers or when something goes wrong - how would you work in these situations.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if you saw a customer around the shop looking at items and seeming confused?
    1 Answer
1 person found this interview helpful

Screwfix

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Screwfix in Sep 2021

Interview

I applied, got a call within a next day and got booked for an interview. Had the basic questions like what to do you like to do, give a time when worked in a team, can you tell us when you went above and beyond for a customer etc.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Screwfix

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Screwfix in Aug 2021

Interview

It was a phone interview. They suddenly called you and asked for instant interview which last for 10-20 minutes. It was lunchtime so I felt a bit surprised. But it was so far so good. The interviewer asked me some questions and then mentioned the job nature.

Interview Questions
  • Do you know what is the job content? Would you mind working at weekend?

Screwfix

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Screwfix in Jun 2021

Interview

Applied on indeed, did a skills test where you were mock interacted with fellow employees and helped them solve problems and then had a phone interview the next day.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you apply to screwfix?
  • Describe a time you maintained a relationship with a customer in the past?
  • Describe a time you have had to work in a team, what went well? And what went not so well?

Screwfix

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Screwfix

Interview

I had a phone interview that lasted for 20mins. I was asked questions and then at the end I was informed about the working hours. I was then told I would get a phone call back if I was accepted or an email if I wasn't.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Screwfix (London, England) in Jan 2021

Interview

I applied and about a week later had a phone to ask if I was available for an interview the following Monday. I was then phoned by the store manager who explained that there was 2 interviews and the telephone interview was a more formal one, and only 5 candidates would be invited into the store for a tour and a few more questions. I was asked a few questions and stumbled my way through them but the interviewer was really nice. Then told me about uniforms and things and we discussed my availability. He said he’d ring back the following afternoon/evening to let me know how I’d done. The next day he quickly rang and said I wasn’t successful.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation that you found difficult
  • Tell me about a time you had to build a relationship with someone at work
  • Tell me about yourself (first question- wasn’t really stated as a question)
  • Tell me how you handled a difficult situation over a period of time.
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Screwfix (Manchester, England) in Jan 2021

Interview

Initial interview over the telephone with some basic scenario-based questions. Second interview with a different interviewer face-to-face (socially distanced) at the store I'd be working at. Both interviewers were very nice and approachable. The interviews were not stressful or serious and were more like friendly chats.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for Screwfix?
  • You overhear one of your colleagues saying that they're not going to bother coming in tomorrow. What do you do?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Bishop Auckland, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Screwfix (Bishop Auckland, England) in Nov 2020

Interview

Applied originally online. Then I received a phone call inviting me to do a phone interview later that day. Phone interview lasting about 30-40 minutes where competency and situational questions were asked. Received a phone call stating that my phone interview as successful and was invited to in-person interview at store.

Interview Questions
  • What are your hobbies/interests? Can you describe a time where you dealt with a difficult costumer?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Screwfix (London, England)

Interview

I was called for a online interview 2 days after I was invited for it. The lady seemed to be very nice and helpful throughout the whole process however I felt as though I was rushed and wasn’t able to answer the questions to the best of my ability. Also she asked me 5 questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 Interviews