Search Consultancy Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 13 Oct 2017

3.1

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Search Consultancy (Leeds, England) in August 2017.

Interview

Process was lengthy, detailed three stage process. Screened by internal recruitment, divisional recruitment then by director of the division.
    Skype and telephone were involved and also a personality profiling section.

Interview Questions

• Why I was leaving current role   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Search Consultancy.

Interview

Had a brief phone interview then called in for interview. Whilst waiting for the interview you got given a booklet to fill out key information about yourself. The interview was a relaxing atmosphere and you had to go through your previous experience.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Search Consultancy.

Interview

passed the interview with flyring colours and then failed application because of a thomas internationals 25 question bogus psychometric test. Do not waste your time with this company they are difinately not investors in people

Telephone Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester City Centre, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Search Consultancy (Manchester City Centre, England) in August 2016.

Interview

Initially had a telephone interview which went well however the face-to-face interview did not go as well. The interviewer seemed nice, offered me a drink which I declined (maybe I shouldn't have). Started by asking me to explain my CV. Also it seemed important that the candidate for the job was resilient as the job requires someone to do the same tasks day in day out.

Bilingual Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Search Consultancy (Edinburgh, Scotland) in May 2016.

Interview

I had sent my application over the website. The contact beetween the first consultant and me came after nearly 2 weeks. Today I don't know, with how many different consultant's 'I have in the meanwhile spoken. One test and assesment center after the next. The whole recruiting process was running nearly 24 months. In the end have I finished it, because thise had nothing to do with a "normal" recruiting. The first question on the phone of all these staff there, was always: How fast can you send the test's back? Hey people, we have in the meanwhile arrived the 21st century and you should't handle really well educated applican's like little children...

Interview Questions

• How fast can you send the test's back?
      When can you start?
      Telephone interview, again and again and again   Answer Question

Telesales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Search Consultancy (Sheffield, England) in February 2016.

Interview

Very poor contact throughout, decided to keep me waiting several hours before a rude member of staff did some competency questions with me. Several friends of mine have also been blacklisted by the company for not taking jobs they tell you to take as they are a recruitment company. Just generally a bad company

Recruitment Consultant - Temp to Perm Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Search Consultancy (Sheffield, England) in January 2016.

Interview

Approached by a Rec to Rec agency and was put forward for the role. Three interviews in total. First and second interview was with my prospective manager, the third interview was with him and his boss. The third interview was a preentation - feedback was that it was one of the best presentations they have ever had and they were going to make an offer.

Then, heard nothing back and was ignored by both them and the recruiter who organised the interveiw in the first place. After constant contact attempts I was informed that even he was being ignored by Search.

In summary - Time wasters.

After hearing from people who had worked there first hand, that place might as well have a revolving door, get people in with all different promises and then get rid of them as soon as they have served their purpose.

A company to avoid in my opinion.

Interview Questions

Search Consultancy Response

21 Mar 2016 – Marketing Delivery Manager

First of all we can only apologise for your poor experience with Search on this occasion and we do appreciate the time you have taken to inform us of this unsavoury recruitment process.

Our... More

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Search Consultancy (Liverpool, England) in December 2015.

Interview

The process took 1week. I had an intial phone call with the divisional manager followed by a face to face meeting also with the divisional manager. The last stage was the most difficult I met with the regional manager and performed a presentation. Overall the process was quick and I found it to be very positive.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Search Consultancy (Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England) in July 2015.

Interview

One informal interview with a manager which is a reasonably informal chat about your present role, previous experience and what you are looking for. They will probe your answers.
    One Presentation to the manager and a director - This will be a business plan for the first 6 months of your time in the role.
    Psychometric (personality profile and aptitude test).
    Verbal referencing with previous employers

Interview Questions

• What are the three most important things to you about your next role?
      What are your reasons for leaving? (they will keep probing until you have no more reasons left)
      They will ask you to produce a business plan for the first 6 months of your time in your new role at Search to present to them at second interview stage with a manager and director.
      They may ask you to complete a psychometric evaluation.   Answer Question

Customer Service Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dundee, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Search Consultancy (Dundee, Scotland) in June 2015.

Interview

basic interview at Tesco call centre in Dundee, took about 10 minutes with 2 competency based questions. one search consultant conducted the interview and also took brief notes on the answers given. There were 5 candidates in all at the interview session which overall took 1 hour . There was also meant to be a tour of the centre which did not take place

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.