Search Consultancy Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Search Consultancy Interview Questions

Updated 10 Nov 2018

Telephone Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester City Centre, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Search Consultancy (Manchester City Centre, England) in August 2016.

Interview

Initially had a telephone interview which went well however the face-to-face interview did not go as well. The interviewer seemed nice, offered me a drink which I declined (maybe I shouldn't have). Started by asking me to explain my CV. Also it seemed important that the candidate for the job was resilient as the job requires someone to do the same tasks day in day out.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Search Consultancy.

Interview

passed the interview with flyring colours and then failed application because of a thomas internationals 25 question bogus psychometric test. Do not waste your time with this company they are difinately not investors in people

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Search Consultancy.

Interview

I was contacted for this role and invited in to interview with the manager of the division and the regional manager. It was a relaxed but tough interview that really brought the most out of you in terms of your answers.

The first stage:

The first stage really was just a chat through the CV, why search etc so it's always really good to research the company in detail and mention things that other people won't. Then it was a break down of my career history and what motivates me etc - this was around 2 hours long so it really did start to feel more like a chat than a full on interview.

In between the first and second stage you have to do a psychometric and aptitude test online.

The second stage:

The second stage was to prepare a presentation on how you will make your desk profitable in 6 months, then a role play followed by competency based questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Search offered promptly ( same day as second interview ) and met my salary requirements so there was no negotiating. Just go into the interview confident of what you're worth.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Search Consultancy (Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England) in July 2015.

Interview

One informal interview with a manager which is a reasonably informal chat about your present role, previous experience and what you are looking for. They will probe your answers.
    One Presentation to the manager and a director - This will be a business plan for the first 6 months of your time in the role.
    Psychometric (personality profile and aptitude test).
    Verbal referencing with previous employers

Interview Questions

• What are the three most important things to you about your next role?
      What are your reasons for leaving? (they will keep probing until you have no more reasons left)
      They will ask you to produce a business plan for the first 6 months of your time in your new role at Search to present to them at second interview stage with a manager and director.
      They may ask you to complete a psychometric evaluation.   Answer Question

Senior Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Search Consultancy (Manchester, England) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward: First stage was a phone interview with a line manager. Then came the face to face - that involved a get to know you session along with Competency Based Questions and a CV walk through. Presentation at stage 2.

Interview Questions

• Why Search Consultancy?
      Why me?
      What can I deliver in the first 12 months?
      What support do I need?   Answer Question

Customer Service Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dundee, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Search Consultancy (Dundee, Scotland) in June 2015.

Interview

basic interview at Tesco call centre in Dundee, took about 10 minutes with 2 competency based questions. one search consultant conducted the interview and also took brief notes on the answers given. There were 5 candidates in all at the interview session which overall took 1 hour . There was also meant to be a tour of the centre which did not take place

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Search Consultancy (Glasgow, Scotland) in June 2015.

Interview

I had to fill out the same application form three times (always in their office) and answer the exact same nterview questions questions twice for two different roles before they decided they already had enough people in both cases.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with an angry customer. How did you manage this situation?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Search Consultancy (Leicester, England) in February 2015.

Interview

Comfortable, friendly and just overall positive. I will say though that I was oversold a role, and had a lack of information on the realities of the role in the first place, so it wasnt what I expected

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Search Consultancy (Leeds, England) in August 2017.

Interview

Process was lengthy, detailed three stage process. Screened by internal recruitment, divisional recruitment then by director of the division.
    Skype and telephone were involved and also a personality profiling section.

Interview Questions

• Why I was leaving current role   1 Answer

Bilingual Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Search Consultancy (Edinburgh, Scotland) in May 2016.

Interview

I had sent my application over the website. The contact beetween the first consultant and me came after nearly 2 weeks. Today I don't know, with how many different consultant's 'I have in the meanwhile spoken. One test and assesment center after the next. The whole recruiting process was running nearly 24 months. In the end have I finished it, because thise had nothing to do with a "normal" recruiting. The first question on the phone of all these staff there, was always: How fast can you send the test's back? Hey people, we have in the meanwhile arrived the 21st century and you should't handle really well educated applican's like little children...

Interview Questions

• How fast can you send the test's back?
      When can you start?
      Telephone interview, again and again and again   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.